It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Was a Reincarnated Spiritual Being

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

A star for your thoughts, however, Zachariah 6 makes it clear that Joseph, the son of Jozadak, is THE BRANCH. Besides, we already know that John the Baptist was Elijah.

The opposite is clear:

“‘Listen, High Priest Joshua, you and your associates seated before you, who are men symbolic of things to come: I am going to bring my servant, the Branch

Joshua son of Jozadak was a symbol for the branch as stated above.

‘Here is the man whose name is the Branch,

The name of the branch was Joshua, meaning that the name is the same, not the person. There is a typology between the two characters, but no indication of reincarnation. I dont see where you are drawing these ideas.

ETA. Where does it say that John the Baptist was Elijah reincarnated?
edit on 11-2-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: added question

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

14 And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.

15 He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

And before you offer a rebuttal... I know exactly what you're going to say.... I've heard it hundreds of times so its pointless to bother... but im sure you will offer it anyways...

I was only answering your question

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

There is a typology between the two characters, but no indication of reincarnation. I dont see where you are drawing these ideas.

You don't, or you refuse to?

Typology? LOL Is that what you call prophecy now, typology? So is Jesus just a type of High Priest?

READ! (I hate having to repeat myself to appease the obtuse)

The angel of the Lord gave this charge to Joshua: 7 “This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘If you will walk in obedience to me and keep my requirements, then you will govern my house and have charge of my courts, and I will give you a place among these standing here.

Did Jesus the Nazarene walk in obedience to the Lord? Do Christians claim that Jesus rules over the Lords courts? Is there someone else who does too?

Listen, High Priest Joshua, you and your associates seated before you, who are men symbolic of things to come: I am going to bring my servant, the Branch. 9 See, the stone I have set in front of Joshua! There are seven eyes on that one stone, and I will engrave an inscription on it,’ says the Lord Almighty, ‘and I will remove the sin of this land in a single day.

Seven eyes? Seven incarnations?

Take the silver and gold and make a crown, and set it on the head of the high priest, Joshua son of Jozadak. 12 Tell him this is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘Here is the man whose name is the Branch, and he will branch out from his place and build the temple of the Lord. 13 It is he who will build the temple of the Lord, and he will be clothed with majesty and will sit and rule on his throne. And he will be a priest on his throne. Zechariah 6:12

Can't get much clearer than that! Here's the promise from the Lord to Joshua (Jesus), promising him that we will bring him into the future to be obedient, and then the Lord promises that HE will remove all the sin of land in a single day. Isn't that what Christians claim that Jesus (Joshua) accomplished? Isn't Jesus building the Lord's temple and sitting on the throne?

So, if the sins of the land are removed, it's because of Joshua, the High Priest and son of Jozadak. Everything that the Lord promised Joshua, the High Priest and son of Jozadak is claimed by Jesus (Joshua), the son of Joseph, according to Christian teachings. Jesus of Nazareth, according to prophecy, must be the reincarnation of Joshua, who was given the job of following the Lord's orders to be obedient, in order for sin to be removed.

edit on 11-2-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

If only progression and regression, what do you think the next incarnation was, or would be ??

Do you think he did well last time and deserves to move forwards ??

Or take a step back because of ultimate failure ??

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

If only progression and regression, what do you think the next incarnation was, or would be ??

Do you think he did well last time and deserves to move forwards ??

Or take a step back because of ultimate failure ??

Those are not questions I can even speculate on...

Though the rules are quite simple....

Those who are first will be last... and the last will be first

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Those rules actually say this, In simple terms.

NO progression OR regression exists here, No matter what, you will be recycled endlessly, never achieving anything at all !

Take it from someone who has delved deeper than most into dimensions, and seeing who runs this place, and for what it is.....they have even the so-called SAINT souls at gunpoint!!

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

There is strong evidence that the biblical character of Jesus the Son of Joseph, also know as Jesus the Nazarene and who notoriously was bestowed with the title of "Christ" after his death and upon rumors of his resurrection, was a prophesied reincarnated soul, promised a "Messiahship" or "Christhood" in the Old Testament.

I must have missed the evidence. Evidence has to be testable and have been tested to prove fact. You're simply citing claims.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Those rules actually say this, In simple terms.

NO progression OR regression exists here, No matter what, you will be recycled endlessly, never achieving anything at all !

I would have to disagree with you whole heartedly...

Those rules define progression and regression...

the selfless will progress due to higher learning... The selfish will remain or regress preferring the material mind

or in other terms... Love will take you places... Hatred and or indifference will not

edit on 11-2-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

I must have missed the evidence. Evidence has to be testable and have been tested to prove fact. You're simply citing claims.

My claims are not rooted in reality but in biblical scripture. Think of it as analyzing the plot and progress of Star Wars and its character Luke Skywalker, or Star Trek's Spock!

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

My claims are not rooted in reality but in biblical scripture. Think of it as analyzing the plot and progress of Star Wars and its character Luke Skywalker, or Star Trek's Spock!
---------------
reponse follow:
I do understand that but it might be best to use a word other than "evidence". Perhaps "supported by" would be a better word choice. This topic is going to attract a number of fundamentalists who are handicapped by being unable to understand context and certainly don't understand the meaning of the word evidence. Good topic, though.

edit on 11-2-2015 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Thank you for answering the question, I dont have a rebuttal as Ive never come across the claim before. Im sure I'll form my own opinion as I investigate , but I wont burden you with it.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I meant that the Levitical High Priest Joshua typified Jesus as the Melkhitzedekian High Priest. Thats really all I care to say.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Perhaps "supported by" would be a better word choice

Point taken! Next time, my window of editing opportunity has closed.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Plus, I have evidence that the Borg are not confined to the Star Trek universe. They are in the Star Wars universe too. In fact they were there first!

👣

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule

Plus, I have evidence that the Borg are not confined to the Star Trek universe. They are in the Star Wars universe too. In fact they were there first!

👣

I demand you prove such outlandish claims!

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

originally posted by: BlueMule

👣

I demand you prove such outlandish claims!

I'm only too happy to prove it.

starwars.wikia.com...:_New_Planets,_New_Perils!

The Borg must be stopped before they spread! What if they invade the Dr Who universe next?

👣

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Nice thread, those are some very interesting parallels you've found. Reincarnation has definitely been removed from Jesus' teachings.

One thing I find interesting is the Hebrews 2:17 quote. It says Jesus was made identical "in every respect" to us. If this is the case then wouldn't that mean we also have the ability to not sin just like Jesus? John seems to think so in his letters.

If Jesus was identical in EVERY respect to us, wouldn't that mean he was a sinner just like us? Or did Paul (or whoever wrote Hebrews) lie or make a mistake?

Sorry if that's a bit off-topic, it's just something that jumped out at me. Interesting that Joshua's sins were taken away before Jesus came. Also interesting that the parallel is connected to God rebuking Satan. Not sure what that may mean but still interesting.

S&F

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It says Jesus was made identical "in every respect" to us. If this is the case then wouldn't that mean we also have the ability to not sin just like Jesus? John seems to think so in his letters.

Not off topic at all!

It could be that Joshua, the son of Jobadak, whose sin was removed, reincarnated as Jesus, who never sinned.

Or maybe it didn't matter whether or not the incarnated Jesus was "perfect", as long as he was "obedient" to the Lord. Because, at some point after his crucifixion ordeal, Jesus would have ended up in front of the Angel of the Lord "in filthy clothes" anyway. And, as promised, the "sins of the land removed".

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Thank you for answering the question, I dont have a rebuttal as Ive never come across the claim before. Im sure I'll form my own opinion as I investigate , but I wont burden you with it.

Erm... what?

I will have to apologise then... recently I've found myself jumping on the idea that I've heard it all before, and although that might be pretty much true, I also have to constantly remind myself that not every Christian I speak with is a typical Christian... seemingly trained to regurgitate the same old answers time and time again without actually looking into exactly why they have those answers.

My patience with Christians has worn quite thin lately because of this, and at times I get a little snappy because the same answers to these things always come up...

So please forgive me for that... I must also remind myself that im not on the warpath with Christians nor do I dislike them... only what some sects of the religion turn people into...

With that in mind I am also reminded that I am quite in love with a Fundamentalist Christian as well... and my patience for her is endless... so I should also try to do others that same courtesy

So again I am sorry...

Please by all means.... burden me with your findings

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: windword

Interesting...

Christians don't believe in reincarnation though.... so obviously their god doesn't either

Thus... Jesus can't be reincarnated because Christians don't believe in such things... meaning they can't exist

Jesus resurrected, quite different than a reincarnation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join