It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Was a Reincarnated Spiritual Being

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
There is strong evidence that the biblical character of Jesus the Son of Joseph, also know as Jesus the Nazarene and who notoriously was bestowed with the title of "Christ" after his death and upon rumors of his resurrection, was a prophesied reincarnated soul, promised a "Messiahship" or "Christhood" in the Old Testament.

Paul, in his Hebrews letter, sees "Christ Jesus" as being an eternal and celestial High Priest.

Hebrew 4:14
Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess..

Did Paul just pull this idea of "Jesus" being a High Priest from his nether regions, or is their a precedent for his claim of "Jesus" being a High Priest and NOT God? Turns out there is precedence for his claim.

Zechariah 3 New International Version (NIV)
3 Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan[a] standing at his right side to accuse him. 2 The Lord said to Satan, “The Lord rebuke you, Satan! The Lord, who has chosen Jerusalem, rebuke you! Is not this man a burning stick snatched from the fire?”

3 Now Joshua was dressed in filthy clothes as he stood before the angel. 4 The angel said to those who were standing before him, “Take off his filthy clothes.”

Then he said to Joshua, “See, I have taken away your sin, and I will put fine garments on you.”

Here we have a scenario where, in the celestial realm, Joshua the high priest, is standing before "The Angel of the Lord" and is being accused by Satan. Joshua is reconciled and justified by "The Lord" and his sins are taken away. Clearly, Joshua is a mortal human, submitting to the "Judgement of the Lord" on the celestial plain. (Now, here we should note that Joshua and Jesus are exactly the same names. )

Next, we see Joshua given "New Cloths" in the presence of his "ordained" entourage.

5 Then I said, “Put a clean turban on his head.” So they put a clean turban on his head and clothed him, while the angel of the Lord stood by.

6 The angel of the Lord gave this charge to Joshua: 7 “This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘If you will walk in obedience to me and keep my requirements, then you will govern my house and have charge of my courts, and I will give you a place among these standing here.

Jesus of Nazareth claims this promise, according to the New Testament, AFTER his resurrection

Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

8 “‘Listen, High Priest Joshua, you and your associates seated before you, who are men symbolic of things to come: I am going to bring my servant, the Branch. 9 See, the stone I have set in front of Joshua! There are seven eyes on that one stone, and I will engrave an inscription on it,’ says the Lord Almighty, ‘and I will remove the sin of this land in a single day.

Christians believe that Jesus is The Branch

There's more in Zachariah 6 about the authority that is promised to Joshua.

11 Take the silver and gold and make a crown, and set it on the head of the high priest, Joshua son of Jozadak. 12 Tell him this is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘Here is the man whose name is the Branch, and he will branch out from his place and build the temple of the Lord. 13 It is he who will build the temple of the Lord, and he will be clothed with majesty and will sit and rule on his throne. And he will be a priest on his throne.

Hebrews 2:17
Therefore, it was necessary for him to be made in every respect like us, his brothers and sisters, so that he could be our merciful and faithful High Priest before God. Then he could offer a sacrifice that would take away the sins of the people.

Clearly, there was a Jewish messianic belief that Joshua the celestial High Priest would, through obedience to the Lord, take away the sins of a people in one day, and rule over the Lords courts and sit on the Lords throne. Christians believe this to be Jesus the son of Joseph. How can this be unless Jesus the son of Joseph was Joshua son of Jozadak, reincarnated?

edit on 11-2-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Meh.............we are all reincarnated spiritual beings.....so....?

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Interesting...

Christians don't believe in reincarnation though.... so obviously their god doesn't either

Thus... Jesus can't be reincarnated because Christians don't believe in such things... meaning they can't exist

edit on 11-2-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
To be reincarnated means that he would have had to be here before. I know, I am nitpicking with words again.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

The name Yahoshua(hgh) is the name of the branch, not the levitical High Priest himself. Jesus' name is a form of Yahoshua(hgh), but Jesus is the High Priest after the Order of Melkitzedek, not the Levitical order. The bible makes no such claim of REincarnation, just incarnation and resurrection.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I hve read somewhere or other...............
There is some evidence that early Christianity is not what the bible says ....including belief in reincarnation....

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
To be reincarnated means that he would have had to be here before. I know, I am nitpicking with words again.

Right. He would have been here before as Joshua the son of Jozadak.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

A star for your thoughts, however, Zachariah 6 makes it clear that Joseph, the son of Jozadak, is THE BRANCH. Besides, we already know that John the Baptist was Elijah.

edit on 11-2-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

If Jesus was reincarnated once, why not twice? Why not a hundred times in a hundred different cultures? Exoteric Christians better hope he wasn't a Buddha... they would have to take their exegesis back to the drawing board...

👣

edit on 848WednesdayuAmerica/ChicagoFebuWednesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Interesting...

Christians don't believe in reincarnation though.... so obviously their god doesn't either

Thus... Jesus can't be reincarnated because Christians don't believe in such things... meaning they can't exist

He is risen from the Dead though, isn't that reincarnation.. or just ghostly?

Both terms are misleading, misunderstood, whatever.

People don't die, they shed their skin. People don't rise from the Dead because they never died.

Imo, we don't recycle either. When that happens we call it possession, impostors or some such.

I hate semantics, they are designed to fool us or lead us away from our common sense.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

People don't die, they shed their skin.

I like the analogy from Zachariah 3 that says the we get "New Clothes"!

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

Im sure he wasn't a fan of being murdered the first time....

would you like to be killed over and over again, because that's exactly what would likely happen to him

Even now Christians wouldn't recognise him unless he came "in the clouds" like the bible says he will...

So before this age he would have been killed for spreading his message again... and now he would be ignored or passed off as a loon... depended on where he was born...

Hell if he was born in the middle east he would be captured and beheaded...

or he'd be the guest or honour at a BBQ

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

He is risen from the Dead though, isn't that reincarnation.. or just ghostly?

No... reincarnation is the spirit returning to a new body...

Resurrection is life returning to a dead body

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

People don't die, they shed their skin.

I like the analogy from Zachariah 3 that says the we get "New Clothes"!

That was cool, thanks…

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
"Further statements by Christ, the Magi, and even God himself reinforce this conception of Christ's boundless revelation throughout the world.

In sum, the Revelation of the Magi contends that Christ is actually the hidden source of all or most of humanity's religious systems. Therefore, according to this text, non-Christian religions do not actually exist, since Christ pervades them all."

-Brent Landau

The idea of the Christ pervading world religion and myth is compatible with comparative religion scholarship, with esoteric religious thought, and with the notion of Jesus reincarnating throughout the world over the ages.

It's not compatible with exoteric orthodox mainstream thinkers, but so what. Those guys suck.

👣

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

No… reincarnation is the spirit returning to a new body…

As a baby spirit? Doesn't make sense. Theres only one me. What you think is 'past memory' is from some ancestor, you have lots of those in your lineage.

Resurrection is life returning to a dead body

If the body is dead for three days thats impossible. Rigor has set in. Basing resurrection on either Lazarus (he was only "sleeping", i. e., coma) or Jesus missing body (because someone stole it) is reaching at best.

Again, imo.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

As a baby spirit? Doesn't make sense. Theres only one me. What you think is 'past memory' is from some ancestor, you have lots of those in your lineage.

No... theres no such thing as "baby spirits"

there is only progression or regression... depending on what that spirit has learned...

IF one has a past memory of a previous life it is a retained memory... God given for a purpose, whatever that might be

If the body is dead for three days thats impossible. Rigor has set in. Basing resurrection on either Lazarus (he was only "sleeping", i. e., coma) or Jesus missing body (because someone stole it) is reaching at best.

Though if you recall in his case, the text says he started to smell really bad... and was dead for a few days already...

Beside that I don't personally believe resurrection of the body is how things work... that's Christianity... I find that to be nonsense... but I believe its very possible, especially considering who brought him back

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

there is only progression or regression... depending on what that spirit has learned...

IF one has a past memory of a previous life it is a retained memory... God given for a purpose, whatever that might be

Got a link? Oh, its a theory. People tell of meeting passed on family all the time. Having a dream of anothers experience that lived long ago doesn't make the experience yours. (imo)

that's Christianity... I find that to be nonsense… but I believe its very possible, especially considering who brought him back

We agree on the faulty message link then. They though he was dead, Christ said he was only sleeping…

I don't have video, either, though. They didn't understand comas then. It would seem like someone was dead and probably needed a bath, too.

These are just opinions now.

edit on 11-2-2015 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
We are all part of God like a drop of water is part of the ocean.....
And like the rain which fills the sea,....
We will be coming back again and again.....

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

What kinda link do you want? One that is about reincarnation?

Not everyone holds the same beliefs about the subject as I do... but here ye go

reluctant-messenger.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join