It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Warns US, Supplying Arms To Ukraine "Will Have Dramatic Consequences"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

LOL Hollande looks like he is about to jump up and knock that smile off Putins face. That would be priceless.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
it's in americas interests to destabalise russia because they are terrified of the briccs bank and do not wish a end to the corrupt petrol-dollar ,so we best all hold on to our tinfoil hats as the ride is going to get bumpy .
yes america should keep its nose out but no way is it going to.
putin will not back down .
classic ww3 scenario what a great start to the year.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

It`s Dutch and the interviews are being done in English.

I`m from the Netherlands.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: anticitizen

i don't know... europe shrank its army pretty much and made it an anti terror army.

Last I checked the ranking of ability and defense budget of Armys went like this:

USA
China
Russia
Saudi Arabia
UK
France

And on spending there is not much between Russia/Saudi Arabia/UK/France and it is only in the last couple of years Russia were above the UK and France and have a crap load of catching up to do as most there tanks, aircraft and navy are woefully out of date.

UK and France also are apart from the USA the only Navy's that have blue water capability (though china is near that) and apart from the USA and China air forces that use aircraft that 4.5 gen in decent amounts and soon to have 5th gen fighters.

So no not all of Europe are "defenseless".

UK and France alone would be match for Russia in a defensive war.
edit on 11-2-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Really not a great idea, Russia have said in the past they will use nukes in the event they participate in full scale war, they're also friendly with many nations meaning the war could reach west Europe and possibly the U.S mainland.

I imagine it would be the war which puts us near extinction.

I know I'm not the only one who doesn't want to be nuked.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

Thanks for the link.

According to those updates, it seems like things are going back and forth, not a real clear picture of an outcome yet.

21:03 GMT:
The negotiations of the 'Normandy Four' leaders are moving along “actively, better than super,” Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said, as quoted by TASS news agency.
21:10 GMT:
The peace talks in Minsk may well continue until early morning on Thursday, Russia’s deputy foreign minister, Grigory Karasin, told RIA Novosti news agency.
21:09 GMT:
The signing of an agreement “can happen tomorrow, not today,” Russian FM Sergey Lavrov said, Sputnik reports.
21:18 GMT:
The Normandy Quartet talks are continuing “in a narrow circle,” the Russian president's press secretary, Dmitry Peskov, said.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Both Russia and the U.S. are down to around 1500 warheads each that are available on some sort of delivery system to throw at one another. Each has around a total of 8,000 each.. Most are old and in storage, they would be useless in a nuclear war unless someone could carry one over to the other country and make one detonate after the world was already devastated.

Take heart that God will never let us destroy earth that bad.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

BRICS is 5 nations and there are some major issues cropping up between some of those countries - namely Russia and india.

BRICS wont be formidable until at least 2050 and that's only if they are lucky.

The term petro dollar is funny considering there is more than just the US dollar being used in that area.

The world got involved in Ukraine when Russia invaded and illegally occupied portions of it.

Ukraine requested assistance from other nations and the US was just one nation who responded.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx

How does Russia treat its homosexuals, transsexuals, bi-sexuals, and lesbians?
Well lets put it this way, their lynched in the street. Banned from having their own bars, banned
from any type of marriage, and banned from having ANY parades.

So what?

How another country runs its affairs it no business of mine. along as they don't try and force there ways on me.

that alone makes me think.. screw Russia,. they WONT AND CANT WIN a war against us and you have stated..

I said they cant win a OFFENSIVE war. Russia on the Defense has never been beaten.
And with the worlds biggest stockpile of nukes they never will be beaten on the defense...... well they might but will take the whole world down with them so NO ONE WINS.

lets get it over with, kick their ass, AND make their next president a t girl

Sure you can be the first one to sign up for that war.

You can die forgotten in a frozen radioactive ditch caked in in your own filth for no reason while I stay at home and dig my own bunker.

Trust me on the march to Moscow when the winter sets in and the nukes start flying chanting USA USA USA and beating your chest wont cut it.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge

LOL Hollande looks like he is about to jump up and knock that smile off Putins face. That would be priceless.

It would save many innocent young lives if the idiot self proclaimed leaders would step into the ring themselves.

Obama VS Putin-OK thats not fair,
Obama,Merkel,Hollandaise,and Dave Scameron VS Putin.
Cage fight-no rules.

Putin probably still walks out of the cage,last man standing.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The world got involved in Ukraine when Russia invaded and illegally occupied portions of it.

Ukraine requested assistance from other nations and the US was just one nation who responded.

Sure I agree they did.

But the USA hardly has a moral leg to stand on when it comes to illegally occupying country's..

Pot calling kettle black,

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

You can die forgotten in a frozen radioactive ditch caked in in your own filth for no reason while I stay at home and dig my own bunker.

A comforting though except that the world wont be habitable after that type of a war.

Considering Russia has been the one, along with their lapdogs on this site, have been threatening / discussing their nuclear arsenal something tells me Putin knows he would lose a war should he start one.

Putin wants to act like he has a set when in reality the only thing allowing him to lip off are his nukes. I hope the Russian people wake up and remove Putin before he obliterates whats left of Russia.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DodgyDawg

So what do you suppose we do - "give" Ukraine to Russia and secure peace - you may want to look up "peace in our time" where Czechoslovakia was was "given" to Hitler - the majority of Europe was hopelessly under his control in a few years. I know that it can't happen now but if we let Ukraine slip I think Putin will push for more and it will cause a crisis which makes this look a storm in a teacup - even of he doesn't the mere possibility of this is enough to warrant action being taken.

Something needs to be done to stop the violence in Ukraine immediately - it isn't giving them guns and it isn't US intervention - I think the best bet is a UN force and a stabilisation as suggested above.

There is a big defrence between hitler in the 1930s and Putin in the 2010's

Its called nuclear missiles.

Id rather appease Putin than end up as radioactive dust. Even if that means sacrificing a few Russian border states too stupid to join NATO or keep its nukes.

At the end of the day Putin cant do a Hitler and march across Europe for the same reason we can march into Moscow.....Nukes.

his aint the 1930's and this aint NAZI Germany.

Its Russia with enough nukes to turn both our country's to glass.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

UK and France also are apart from the USA the only Navy's that have blue water capability (though china is near that) and apart from the USA and China air forces that use aircraft that 4.5 gen in decent amounts and soon to have 5th gen fighters.

Russia sure does have a blue water navy! Not the Juggernaut it once was but equal to France I would say in ships and larger in subs. Chinese fifth gen fighters lol, now do you really believe that? They are like Iran, build for show and tell haha. China is way way behind Russia let alone the U.S. when it comes to planes of any kind. Every so called advanced Chinese fighter is nothing more than a SU-30 with panels riveted to it to make it look advanced.

China will stab Russia in the back before they try to help them in a war because of the simple fact they really do not like one another and China needs and wants Russia's land and resources really bad.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I see a lot of rooting for one party or another especially from the US side (not strange since this isn't a russian forum).
But that's it, people that think USA intervention in Ukraine can be deterring for Russia and in the interests of Europe is delusional and is backing up US terrorism, wheter they understand it or not.

There is no alliance, or contract or any other thing that force NATO to respond, Crimea VOTED do you remember? If you don't want to accept their vote, I'd say you should look at US election and declare most presidents illegal.
The reason why US wants to intervene (and the reason why they destabilized Ukraine before the Crimea affaire) is that it pressures Russia to refrain from helping Syria and Iran. It's also a great way to destabilize Europe.

Delusional intervenist thinking that USA will kick rusky's ass, do you really think anybody but USA and their ME allies wants a war? Simply put no. They just want to mantain egemony and their criminal business of drugs, oil and crap "goods".
They want a war outside their country, so rataliation will not touch them. At least that's what they think because they practiced so much with 3rd world countries.

But this will surely escalate and I'm willing to bet that if things go wrong Europe will have to decide if this NATO allies is really an ally or is just a terrible enemy inside their asses.

This is not a matter of american people, it's USA govt, which is against their people first and foremost. Why do you think they would help anyone if not for their goddamn businesses? Every empire raises and falls, I hope things settle to a quiter state, but I see no intention to do that and blaming Putin is laughable. Wake up people, I hope it's your nationalism that makes you take such childish position ("GO MMURICA, BEAT THE RUSKYES").
We all would suffer and nobody will win. At least no people will win, but some elitist surely will. Go serve them then.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Putin wants to act like he has a set when in reality the only thing allowing him to lip off are his nukes. I hope the Russian people wake up and remove Putin before he obliterates whats left of Russia.

Ben Afflek said it best in the movie "The Sum Of All Fears". This new leader is playing "the typical Russian role of dare the world to come and stop me".

If Obama was not a corrupt fraud Christian who is really a Muslim traitor and had a set like Reagan or Bush SR. Putin would be crying on his way back to Russia with his football.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Russia sure does have a blue water navy! Not the Juggernaut it once was but equal to France I would say in ships and larger in subs. Chinese fifth gen fighters lol, now do you really believe that? They are like Iran, build for show and tell haha. China is way way behind Russia let alone the U.S. when it comes to planes of any kind. Every so called advanced Chinese fighter is nothing more than a SU-30 with panels riveted to it to make it look advanced.

China will stab Russia in the back before they try to help them in a war because of the simple fact they really do not like one another and China needs and wants Russia's land and resources really bad.

Yes but as the Falkland war showed. A Navy (especially a aging one) is very vulnerable if you don't have a good air force to back it up. and the UK/France alone a have a much more modern air force than Russia. Throw in the USAF and the Russian navy are junk.

As for china yeah I can see them stabbing Russia in the back. Most of China economy is based around the USA and Europe.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: stuthealien

BRICS is 5 nations and there are some major issues cropping up between some of those countries - namely Russia and india.

BRICS wont be formidable until at least 2050 and that's only if they are lucky.

The term petro dollar is funny considering there is more than just the US dollar being used in that area.

actually the briccs bank was coming on really quickly and im betting any issues between those countries have been brought about by the americans,i doubt 2050 will see briccs now as america does not like free trade.
how is the term petrol dollar funny ,they are forced to buy oil in dollars

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

Obama,Merkel,Hollandaise,and Dave Scameron VS Putin.
Cage fight-no rules.

Putin probably still walks out of the cage,last man standing.

I would not bet on it being a man standing.

We have a saying in the Netherlands, translated it goes like this, "If stares could kill..."

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Just to be clear, it was Russia that first "Poked it's nose in Ukraine's business" by annexing Crimea and supplying troops and arms to East Ukraine.

Your revisionism is very clear. Noted.

Pretty sure the coup had a lot to do with it. And of course those who planned, conspired and killed to make it so. Then Russia annexed Crimea. Then civil (proxy) war. Then downed passenger jet and a lot of finger pointing. More civil (proxy) war. Obama says "we're danger". I say "Grave danger?" To wit he responds, "is there any other kind?"
edit on 11-2-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join