It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Warns US, Supplying Arms To Ukraine "Will Have Dramatic Consequences"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: crazyewok

Just to be clear, it was Russia that first "Poked it's nose in Ukraine's business" by annexing Crimea and supplying troops and arms to East Ukraine.

Yeah they did.

Doesn't mean the USA should then poke there grubby noses in too.

In the last 60 years when has US interference ever resulted in any good?
Because an aggressive, expansionist Russia is a threat not only to Ukraine, but all of Europe.

If you read my above post Putin will not move beyond Ukraine.

He could NEVER win a offensive war in NATO held Europe.

Russia= Poorly equipped badly trained.

UK/France/Germany= modern 21st century highly trained

USA= modern 21st century highly trained and #ing vast in size.

Putin knows this and he may be many thing, monster, evil ect one thing he is not is dumb.

Rather than poking in to a civil war and likely making things worse (I mean come on your not dumb, what good could selling arms in Ukraine actually do?) we should just be focusing on making NATO stronger and making sure a Russia are contained in Ukraine.

i don't know... europe shrank its army pretty much and made it an anti terror army. they may be good in urban warfare against insurgents and against its own people but they won't do anything against a large sized army as the russian's.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe
a reply to: rickymouse

You've got it backwards. Russia is the one provoking. What the hell were they thinking anyway, going into Ukraine?

Putin paid anyone who would go attack the western backed Ukrainians 40 dollars an hour. Mostly Russian Mafia thugs stormed right in and started building resistance forces after they STOLE Crimea. He also sent in regular army men to help them.

I say we let any Western contractors go over and take it to those mafia thugs and teach them what war is really like. The Russians act like barbarians when they pull this crap. Its time someone taught them a lesson in humanity.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Honestly why is the US pocking its grubby noses in Ukraine?

Why cant the US just piss of and leave Ukraine to war on its own. The last thing a civil war needs anyway is MORE GUNS!.

Why does the US always feel the need to make things worse?

Anyway there are bigger threats the west is facing at the moments threats unlike Ukraine that are are actually threatening direct national security. Ie ISIS. concentrate on them FFS.

How does Russia treat its homosexuals, transsexuals, bi-sexuals, and lesbians?
Well lets put it this way, their lynched in the street. Banned from having their own bars, banned
from any type of marriage, and banned from having ANY parades...
that alone makes me think.. screw Russia,. they WONT AND CANT WIN a war against us and you have stated..

lets get it over with, kick their ass, AND make their next president a t girl

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

I say we let any Western contractors go over and take it to those mafia thugs and teach them what war is really like.

Contracting Chechans would be the best bet, as they have a long standing hatred for Russia and for good reason.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

So what do you suppose we do - "give" Ukraine to Russia and secure peace - you may want to look up "peace in our time" where Czechoslovakia was was "given" to Hitler - the majority of Europe was hopelessly under his control in a few years. I know that it can't happen now but if we let Ukraine slip I think Putin will push for more and it will cause a crisis which makes this look a storm in a teacup - even of he doesn't the mere possibility of this is enough to warrant action being taken.

Something needs to be done to stop the violence in Ukraine immediately - it isn't giving them guns and it isn't US intervention - I think the best bet is a UN force and a stabilisation as suggested above.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Does anyone have any word on the meeting that was supposed to take place today in Minsk? I haven't seen a peep about it anywhere... From my understanding, it greatly depends on that meeting as to whether the decision to send arms to Ukraine will happen, or not..

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
Does anyone have any word on the meeting that was supposed to take place today in Minsk? I haven't seen a peep about it anywhere... From my understanding, it greatly depends on that meeting as to whether the decision to send arms to Ukraine will happen, or not..
We probably won't know anything about what happened in the Minsk meeting until all the backroom deals are done and they announce either arming Ukraine or sending in UN troops.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
HAHAHA !

I`m watching live a Dutch background news program.

I couldn`t believe they actual were showing the truth in a hospital in eastern Ukraine.

But that wasn`t so funny, this was...

They had a short taped interview (a couple of hours before) with a political commentator of Russian Sputnik news and showed it, and right after that with a journalist of the Washington Post...they let the Washington Post journalist listen to it, and she was mad that they actual had him and let him speak (I don`t think it was being told to her in advance).

The Dutch interviewer was baffled by it and you could hear it on him.

Anne Applebaum

It takes some time before they put it on "broadcast missed" (I don`t know exactly, somewhere between a couple of hours and 24 hours), so I will put the link of it in this thread when it`s online.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

The calculus on this is really very simple. What the Ukranians want is something called "Artillery Locating Radar" to be able to target and destroy the opposition artilery which is chewing them up.

If the dummies in the US Gov't give the ALR, in support of the Separatists, the Russians will launch airstrikes against the ALR locations to destroy them. And those airstrikes will result in civilian casualties. Also, the Russians might do a ground rush to capture the ALR to unravel it's technology, (although they probaly already have a version of it).

The Russian aim here, disguised as a determination to secure rights and protection for the Easter Ukraine Russian population, is to ensure that Russia is in firm control of who gets elected to leadership in Ukraine and to ensure that those elected are pro-Russian. Ukraine is to Russia what Puerto Rico is to the US. Not a state, but a "territory". They aren't going to give it up because they aren't going to allow NATO to border Russia anymore than it does.

Best if the US leaves well enough alone and allows the fates to handle the Ukraine situation. It is for the most part, a cause lost to the US and Western Europe.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

It`s still going on, and might still take a long time.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

It`s still going on, and might still take a long time.
Thanks for the update, I honestly didn't know if it was still ongoing.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I would normally back that statement but Russia doesn't need high tech when they can throw 140,000 troops with thousands of Tanks into Ukraine in a few days. He moved that many all the way across Russia in four days. It would take months for the U.S. to bring that much equipment to the fight in Europe, never mind that our own forces are smaller than they have been in decades thanks to the Dumbacrats. A draft would be called up and all the recently retired or fired troops would be called back in an instant. Europe would have a hard time keeping Russia out of Poland if Putin wanted to invade it. It is his backyard and he has superior numbers on the ground ready to fight. Not that they know how to fight real good but they are better than they were ten years ago.

It would come down to NATO defeating the Russian air force, after that in a few days the Russian army would take such a beating from the sky that they would be in full retreat and Nukes would fly from Russia. This scenario has been played out so many times and that is what it came down to every time.

Putin knows he can probably take Ukraine without serious NATO intervention. He is only worried about the major hell he would have to face from his own people when the bodies of Russian troops start streaming back home. If he tried anything else he knows he would have to commit to using nuclear weapons in the end before someone else did leaving him in a bad pickle. He knows he doesn't have what it takes in numbers to challenge NATO in the air and he would soon have his tanks destroyed even if he surprised NATO air bases in Europe with a massive attack conventional.

The U.S. would have way too many fighters and bombers over his troops in a short period of time no matter how many air bases he could render inoperable in Europe. Risking Losing a large part of his own territory is not worth it to him, YET.

When the Soviets had 10,000 tanks to throw into Germany it was a given that tactical nukes would be fired at the invading forces should they try to cross the Rhine after pushing NATO forces back that far. That quickly led to all out nuclear war.

Today Germany and maybe a few others have our nuclear bombs on lease for their fighter bombers should they be forced or ordered to use them.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Much quicker online than I thought (right after end of it)...

Here it is, short interview with the guy from Sputnik first beginning at 22:16 min...

Link

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

This is just a way for the U.S. and NATO to kick Russia where it hurts for supporting Iran and Syria. I wouldn't be surprised if we couldn't just tell them where the Artillery is from space by now. I know we could if we had planes flying over the area but we all know that isn't gonna happen.

I am sure these systems if sent will have U.S. special operators using them who will destroy them if they are at risk of getting captured. Its not like they are a bunch of looney Muslims over there.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
The calculus on this is really very simple. What the Ukranians want is something called "Artillery Locating Radar" to be able to target and destroy the opposition artilery which is chewing them up.

Oh, and a communications network that is not Russian-made as (we can assume) the existing kit is compromised. That and a few hundred brimstone missiles.

The threat of US to supply kit to Ukraine is more about getting Putin to focus on removing his hands from Ukraine. If all fails, then Russia may find that it would become decidedly uncomfortable to support the separatists in situ.

The Soviets hid the casualties of their incursion in Afghanistan. There are already reports that Russians killed in Ukraine are being covered up. At some point the numbers killed will reach a critical mass and the lie will be exposed within Russia. Even Putin's control of the press may not be good enough to hide that conspiracy, especially as the Soviets failed to continue the cover-up.

Regards

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Look at this for a staged image:

Look at the body language,the positions,the eye contact between Pootie poots and Porky.
Look how Merkel and Hollande seem constipated-they are "stuck."

Concerned aides in the background?
Check.

www.voanews.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

The U.S. would have way too many fighters and bombers over his troops in a short period of time no matter how many air bases he could render inoperable in Europe. Risking Losing a large part of his own territory is not worth it to him, YET.

When the Soviets had 10,000 tanks to throw into Germany it was a given that tactical nukes would be fired at the invading forces should they try to cross the Rhine after pushing NATO forces back that far. That quickly led to all out nuclear war.

It was funny to read that US will win because they have Gay parades, but I see you are all living in some La La Land

Bring your army I want to see this spectacle. I'm kinda biased towards Russia, but I see you really still don't "get it"
It is not Iraq or any other war US ever was fighting your assessments are so 20-th century, you will be very surprised. Try to read first post of this thread again.

link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

We speaky English around here not Russian. Thanks.

link   
a reply to: kitzik

I normally don't put much faith in what I read on RT, but maybe there's some actual hope for progress. Keeping my fingers crossed. Nobody wants WWIII.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join