It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor Caught On Dash Cam In New Zealand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Super cool meteor explosion I stumbled upon and wanted to share.

Meteor lights up night sky across New Zealand

A "blinding" flash, intense explosion and sonic booms experienced over much of the country last night were probably caused by a meteor, experts agree.

About 10pm, the flash, described by many as a burst of blue and white light, was seen from Whangarei to the upper South Island.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

That illuminated cobalt blue sky is a trip!

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

It kinda looks like something shoots up at it from the cloud below.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

That's clearly an alien spaceship coming out of a wormhole and entering our atmosphere.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I was lying in bed and saw the big blue flash and thought maybe it was lightning so I started counting "1001 1002 1003"etc it wasn't for ages til I heard the rumbling sound that didn't sound like thunder, then later I read in the newspaper online that it was a meteor. Yay I saw it sort of, wish I had seen it proper.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Heh, Brother saw it last night and told me about it when he got home. Series of flashes that alerted him and made him turn around followed by big fireball then a streak then a large explosion of light.

I was playing SWKOTORs at the time or id have more than likely been outside looking for cats and seen it myself... granted, looking at the vid, its no where near as 'wow' as he described it heh. Then gain he hardly gets to see things like this so he'd be prone to exaggeration (almost made like he could reach out and touch it, it was that big).

But still...
edit on 11-2-2015 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
That's pretty cool. I remember seeing a small meteor entering the atmosphere a few years ago and that was great to see.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Cool. There IS a flash going up towards the meteor the same color as the street lights, right before the big flash and just to the left of it... so I'd guess it's a reflection of a street light... (though very vertical- eta- likely a reflection of the meteor on a cloud, still neat) ?

And another thing... what are the odds everyone would be driving on the wrong side of the street just when this thing exploded? Think on THAT... (joking, joking)
edit on 2/11/2015 by Baddogma because: add

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Nice, thanks for sharing.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

(though very vertical- eta- likely a reflection of the meteor on a cloud, still neat) ?

The angle seems out of place when looking at the path of the meteor and it seems that if a cloud would reflect the light of a meteor it wouldn't look like a narrow stripe, imo.
edit on 11-2-2015 by SpecialForce because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SpecialForce

Agreed, but usually these "anomalies" have a decent and mundane explanation.

I'd like a better explanation for that straight trajectory of the odd light, though... maybe it's an electrical atmospheric discharge like a "sprite" or "jet?" Maybe caused by the meteor's energy... electrical physics isn't my strong point, obviously.

As it stays in the cloud, my guess of a reflection of the meteor is likely closer to the answer... but the angle seems a bit off.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
That is cute, But this is the grand daddy of them: At least in my time

Take heed, Edmonton Meteor of 2009.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
heard on the radio it was just the size of a tennis ball.
Also there were parts of the lower north island with power out last night and the internet was down for 5 hours

edit: TV News at 6 just said the size of a suitcase

edit on 02u414115 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I am Gathering you did not see it then.a reply to: muzzy

new topics

top topics

join