It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The next big technology, and it's tied to that missing plane...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The other day, I come upon (again), these ads for getting in on investing in the next big technology. Well, to find out the specifics, you need to sign up with this broker firm...but, if you do your homework, you'll see that is is quite simply, self-driving cars.

Indeed, this tech is poised to be the next big thing, and likely as early as 2018. But, the key will be investing in the tech companies that make it all possible (the chips, sensors, etc.). This is the investment opportunity in the ad, and after some digging, it's NVDA as the front runner. However, it has competitors, and one of those is Freescale Semiconductor.

Most don't know it, but among the people who vanished along with Malaysian Air Flight 370, TWENTY of them were top developers for Freescale Semiconductor, a company which makes these chips and sensors (for self-driving cars). Check them out for yourself, even the Wiki article gives decent info.

So, I got to thinking, maybe there really is something to this. Maybe someone either took these guys out, to get them out of the running (or ensure they can't go elsewhere with what they developed), or abducted them (for their input), etc.? It's an intriguing idea anyhow, and certainly could bolster the idea that this technology is poised to make a lot of people very rich...like getting in on Microsoft before it exploded on the scene.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
There is a motive, if someone had the MEANS to accomplish "vanishing" a huge airline jet.

Well, if anyone had the means it would be corporate sharks who want to get their hands on another profitable venture (or snuff out competition).

Not to mention the fact that TWO of the same types of planes vanish within months of each other, and they were BOTH Malaysia Airlines. C'mon... there is obviously something going on here and the Freelance Semiconductor connection says a lot about the potential truth a reply to: Gazrok

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Very interesting point, and given how certain governments go/ have gone about their business it really isn't that strange an idea.

That region has had nothing but bad luck with aircraft lately, something out of the ordinary is definitely happening there, what exactly we'll have to wait and see.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Two didn't vanish. Vanish means they're missing. The other Malaysian plane was shot down and scattered all over the Ukrainian countryside. If you're talking about AirAsia, it didn't belong to Malaysian, and was found right where it should have been.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Are you able to link to the brokerage itself? Alternatively are there search engine keywords that will get me there quickly? Investing in Canada is a bit different than in the US, so buying stock in an individual company can sometimes be a process. I wish we had better online brokerage systems akin to US models, a click and buy system.

a reply to: Gazrok

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

The applications of this technology goes way beyond self driving cars and when billions of $$ are in the mix; what's a few lives. 9/11 comes to mind....

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
In addition to opportunity though, think of the industries threatened by self driving cars (like auto insurance, or truck drivers, etc.).

Warren Buffet even expressed concern (as Geico is his baby)...
blogs.marketwatch.com...

There is a LOT of motive here.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I must've been confused because one was Malaysia and one was AirAsia - but now I also see that Malaysia MH 370 was a Boeing 777 and the AirAsia plane was an Airbus A320. My mistake a reply to: Zaphod58

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
Most don't know it, but among the people who vanished along with Malaysian Air Flight 370, TWENTY of them were top developers for Freescale Semiconductor, a company which makes these chips and sensors (for self-driving cars). Check them out for yourself, even the Wiki article gives decent info.

I'm not sure who's saying they were "top" developers. And a self-driving car is a systems thing - Freescale does a lot of jelly-bean semis for consumer stuff, with a sprinkling of somewhat better parts, but they're no TI or Intel.

Most of the goody of self-driving car is going to be in the software.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Are you able to link to the brokerage itself?

They have ads on CNN all the time. I can't recall the name off the top of my head.

EDIT: Motley Fool is the one in the ad, though there are many other brokers advising the same, all with their different picks. Most try to convince you to go with the auto makers poised to have models offered, but I'm thinking the real money is in the tech companies that will see mega growth once the tech is mainstream.

The Motley Fool video is pretty informative though, if a tad long.

A wise move would likely be to get a handful of shares of the main front-runners of the sensor/chip makers, and then you're in with whomever makes it big.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Freescale designs and produces embedded hardware and software for the automotive, networking, industrial and consumer markets with a current emphasis on technology enablement of the Internet of Things (IoT), Software-Defined Networking (SDN) and Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS). Freescale’s product portfolio includes microcontrollers (MCUs), microprocessors (MPUs), digital signal processors, digital signal controllers, sensors, RF power integrated circuits (ICs) and power management ICs. The company also offers software development tools to support product design and development. Freescale’s current patent portfolio includes approximately 6,100 patent families. Freescale currently ranks 8th among semiconductor companies in the United States and is ranked 16th worldwide, as measured by total revenue. 17 billion Freescale semiconductor products are in use around the world today, enabling applications such as vehicle networking and information, vehicle radar and vision systems, networking security appliances, network routers and switches, hospital and in-home healthcare devices, smart energy, factory automation, eReaders and wearable devices.

Sounds as if they are in the game to me.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
It makes me wonder if, while creating self driving technology, they didn't create self awareness.
The tech centers on a machine being aware of its surroundings, so what if it also became aware of itself while doing so? That maybe something to kill for.

Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I certainly believe that this was a deliberate act... for some time now, after a lot of reading, I have come to the conclussion that many "disppearances" are the act of the government. Starting with Flight 19 after WWII. What better way to fake someone's death than by a disappearance in the Bermuda Triangle. Your assertion makes total sense to me...Great Post with info!

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
Sounds as if they are in the game to me.

Do some design work and see what you use their stuff for.

If I were doing a civilian washing-machine controller or a MP3 player that had to sell for $15, Freescale all the way.

Doing a military design, no. They've got a few occasionally useful RF parts, but they're jelly beans you can get from other people, the beauty of Freescale is that they're low cost.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Ummm hate to point out the obvious but one plane vanished. (Crashed in the ocean) And the other went down in the Ukraine. It was not lost for even a second. The only link was the airline which has nothing to do with this technology at all. Unless you know a link and can enlighten the rest of us.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Thanks for the stock tip, I always like investing in a company that will do whatever it takes to please their shareholders

edit on 2/11/2015 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I wondered when someone would catch up

Iridium
Main article: Iridium (satellite)
Motorola developed the global communication network using a set of 77 satellites. The business ambitions behind this project and the need for raising venture capital to fund the project led to the creation of the Iridium company in the late 1990s. While the technology was proven to work, Iridium failed to attract sufficient customers and it filed for bankruptcy in 1999. Obligations to Motorola and loss of expected revenue caused Motorola to spin off the ON Semiconductor (ONNN) business August 4, 1999, raising about $1.1 billion.

Motorola manufactured two satellite phone handsets for this network – the 9500 and 9505 as well as transceiver units. Some of these are still in production by an OEM but sold under the Iridium brand.

So..........
Now it seems some are on the same........wavelength lol

maybe you should search for any threads of interest here on ATS regarding

IRIDIUM.

I gave up piecing it all together for you but it's all there.
laters.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Self-driving cars? When, at our current level of technology, we can't even get "auto-complete" or "auto-correct" to work right with text messages?

There's more to this than is apparent, I think. Nevada has already passed laws allowing self-driving cars. Not a lot of people in Nevada, but a lot of land in the Nevada Test Site (enclosing Area 51, S-4, Nellis AFB, holes from underground nuke tests, etc.) Maybe THAT'S the real goal of this push for self-driving vehicles: surveilling large tracks of land - here or on Mars ...

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
For what its worth, the Motley Fool uses a lot of sensationalism to dupe people into investing in shady companies. I wouldn't trust anything put out by those cons.

According to them, our power grid was supposed to fail a couple of years ago, and we're not even supposed to be talking to each other right now because the Internet was supposed to be shut down.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
BS. I used to work for Freescale so I know that you are talking out of your rear end. Please go check the location of the final assembly (where the chips encapsulated) plant in Malaysia and the wafer fabrication plant in China and hey presto a damned good reason for engineers to travel between the two. DUH !!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join