It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Militarization of Near Space?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Silly rabbit, there's no sound in space!

Which is good...because I scream like a little girl...

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

The government always obfuscates when it reports on ANYTHING that might have an extra-terrestrial connection. The Asteroid Belt between Mars and Jupiter has long been thought to be the remnants of a war that turned a planet into an Asteroid Belt.

Not all the asteroids therein are remnants, but some bits were captured in Jupiter and Saturn's orbits. Which is why our Gas Giants have so many moons. But the bigger chunks are thought to be remnants of that planet, which is why they have odd characteristics - like the one that shows an ancient lava flow. Lava flows happen on planets - NOT asteroids.

en.wikipedia.org...
PHAETON: HYPOTHETICAL PLANET

The government bends over backwards to discredit this theory, because it is directly linked to an "extra-terrestrial war" within our solar system. But there is still compelling evidence they can't explain away. The planet was also called Malona or Maldek. Here are more esoteric accounts of this once-planet:

karljahn.tripod.com...
THE LEGEND OF THE PLANET MALDEK

www.mayanmajix.com...
WAS OUR ASTEROID BELT ONCE THE LEGENDARY PLANET MALONA?
(Disclosure: I wrote this a decade ago.)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
As our battle-arena moves overhead, sensor-surveillance will become more important. You won't have a battlefield cluttered with buildings and civilians, amid uncertain weather.

Instead you'll have a vast darkness with possibly hidden enemies who can slip between visible and invisible dimensions. How to "see/find" them will become all-important. The Army is already working on this for terrestrial training and battle-support. But many of the same ideas will work for battle in Near Space as well:

www.businesswire.com...
"CACI" AWARDED $43 TASK ORDER CONTRACT ... FOR SENSOR AND IMAGING DEVELOPMENT AND SUPPORT FOR THE U.S. ARMY
Ft. Belvoir (Virginia) is working on "advanced" night vision and infra-red weapon sights, to enable battlefield soldiers to "see" into other dimensions, and make the best possible decisions about weaponry and tactics.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

They're providing simulation and modeling support for the Night Vision lab. They're not developing their own system. They're also improving Army ISR&T capabilities.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker
As our battle-arena moves overhead, sensor-surveillance will become more important. You won't have a battlefield cluttered with buildings and civilians, amid uncertain weather.

Instead you'll have a vast darkness with possibly hidden enemies who can slip between visible and invisible dimensions. How to "see/find" them will become all-important. The Army is already working on this for terrestrial training and battle-support. But many of the same ideas will work for battle in Near Space as well:

www.businesswire.com...
"CACI" AWARDED $43 TASK ORDER CONTRACT ... FOR SENSOR AND IMAGING DEVELOPMENT AND SUPPORT FOR THE U.S. ARMY
Ft. Belvoir (Virginia) is working on "advanced" night vision and infra-red weapon sights, to enable battlefield soldiers to "see" into other dimensions, and make the best possible decisions about weaponry and tactics.

You know I just thought of something And I'm serious about this. Why not make your own thread that you can add to every day that incorporates all your Google searches? Sort of like a daily news thread here on ats. I mean you always post stuff you find online in different threads anyway so why not start your own daily links thread so to speak? I for one would skim through it daily to find stuff I haven't read about yet and I'm sure other people would too. Just food for thought really.
edit on 9-3-2015 by boomer135 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: boomer135

You know Boomer that is a good idea.

I think you should do this Moniker. make a single personal thread that you add to daily. One can skim daily through it for interesting news articles that you have posted.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: boomer135
And BASSPLYR

Thanks for the idea, but I think the "personal thread" option is already taken up by the NLBS (Next Level BS) numbered entries.

Besides, I really like reviving older threads with new information, since they give some depth and a timeline for the subject matter

But there is an easy alternative, that includes all my posts, most recent on top. Click on the little icon on the bottom left of my avatar/ID box, which is just a head and shoulders. This opens up to several options, including lists of my posts and threads. You can check "View Posts" for all the posts I've made recently in all the various threads.

Thanks again.

edit on 9-3-2015 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I know, but I think it would bring more attention to your posts if you made a separate thread instead of hoping people use the View Posts option.

Most people aren't going to figure that out. You should make your own thread. Call it "Monikers Corner" or something. I think it would be a great idea. You have tenacious researching skills but the overall picture of what you are trying to present doesn't register clearly because it's broken up into too many threads to follow. Having them all in one place would be much easier to follow and it would allow for a continuity of the material and ideas that you are trying to present.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Thanks again. But I think I'll stay with my current format for the moment.

Plus, if I do a "personal thread," everyone else will want to do one too. Although some compilation threads exist around certain events (like fireballs or UFOs), they all focus on one topic.

This allows back-and-forth comments, which is really what ATS is all about: posting important items buried by the MSM, and encouraging the exchange of ideas thru discussion.

So if I post one thread on random topics, the discussion aspect would be lost, as well as the background info in a revived thread. And since it seems that all you want to do is skim headlines of what I've been posting on, the "View Posts" option thru the lower left icon in my Avatar/ID box already provides that.

Thanks again.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I may have previously posted a story on this, but this is still interesting:

edition.cnn.com...

PENTAGON UPGRADING STEALTH AIRCRAFT FOR FIRST TIME SINCE 1970s
The Air Force is developing a "high-priority, super-classified, next generation bomber."

Some think this new bomber "will go far beyond simply upgrading an aging bomber fleet." And that we've got to stop "categorizing airplanes into different mission areas."

Gosh, you mean a do-everthing plane that can fight in both atmo AND space? Like the TR-3B???

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

No. Meaning a plane that is eventually stealthy and fast. And can do more than just a strategic bomber. Such as a bomber one day, then the next carry ISR equipment, then fly a similar mission as the RC--135.
edit on 3/14/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker
a reply to: MystikMushroom

The government always obfuscates when it reports on ANYTHING that might have an extra-terrestrial connection. The Asteroid Belt between Mars and Jupiter has long been thought to be the remnants of a war that turned a planet into an Asteroid Belt.

Not all the asteroids therein are remnants, but some bits were captured in Jupiter and Saturn's orbits. Which is why our Gas Giants have so many moons. But the bigger chunks are thought to be remnants of that planet, which is why they have odd characteristics - like the one that shows an ancient lava flow. Lava flows happen on planets - NOT asteroids.

en.wikipedia.org...
PHAETON: HYPOTHETICAL PLANET

The government bends over backwards to discredit this theory, because it is directly linked to an "extra-terrestrial war" within our solar system. But there is still compelling evidence they can't explain away. The planet was also called Malona or Maldek. Here are more esoteric accounts of this once-planet:

karljahn.tripod.com...
THE LEGEND OF THE PLANET MALDEK

www.mayanmajix.com...
WAS OUR ASTEROID BELT ONCE THE LEGENDARY PLANET MALONA?
(Disclosure: I wrote this a decade ago.)

Oh and the asteroid belt is not a planet because of the gravitational forces of Jupiter and the Sun pulling on the belt in both directions, causing it not to form as a planet some 4 billion years ago like earth and the other rock planets have.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

PENTAGON NOW LOOKING TO UFO REPORTS FOR NEW AIRCRAFT
DARPA has put out a "Request for Info" to industry, for ideas/proposals for a Mothership. Or a large aircraft that can release multiple drones that attack or collect information, then return to the Mothership.

A conceptual drawing showed a cargo plane like a C-130 releasing a squadron of Predator or Reaper drones.

This would make the Mothership a self-contained Command Center, ordering attacks and/or collecting and quickly analyzing data for decision-making. This would be the best platform for an immense and fluid battlefield - like Space. It would also be a Beyond Next Gen concept to eliminate various aircraft that each perform one function.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Old concept. DC-130s were launching Firebee drones over Vietnam.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I still like my BBT Star Destroyer looking idea where you have a massive BBT and electromagnetically attach drones to the hull and release them like a swarm. Imagine the shock and awe of having a huge black delta hovering over a battle field and hoards of drones flying off of it. Would be a sitting target but still would be pretty cool.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks for your reply. I learned something new.

gizmodo.com...
THE RYAN FIREBEE: GRANDFATHER TO THE MODERN UAV

The unmanned Firebee was big enough to only be deployed one-per-carrier, and used for just air combat target-practice, and later recon.

The concept of a Mothership is a massive craft that can deploy a hundred or more smaller craft that return to the Mothership.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1426789811&sr=1-1&keywords=Independence+Day
INDEPENDENCE DAY (DVD)
Good depiction of both a massive Mothership in orbit with an ET civilization, and smaller, combat Motherships that hover over Earth cities and release fighter-craft, while protected by an energy shield.

edit on 19-3-2015 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Yes, but the concept is an old one.

Most of what you could ever want to know about UAVs:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join