It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petrus Romanus Historic address to congress, On Jewish Day Of Atonement & Last Blood Moon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I know that some here are interested in Bible and related prophecy. I was not aware of the Popes visit, so maybe a few of you here may not have heard of this astonishing event. Yes, I realize some will not find anything astonishing about this at all, this is for those who do.

Because Timing Is Everything, Petrus Romanus Will Address Joint Session Of US Congress On Jewish Day Of Atonement… And During Historic Blood Red Moon Tetrad!

skywatchtv.com... ood-red-moon-tetrad/
Popes first ever address to a joint session of congress, Sept. 24th, the Jewish Day Of Atonement is the 23rd, 4 days before the last blood moon of the tetrad.

The House speaker, John Boehner, said on Thursday that the pope will visit the US Capitol in Washington on 24 September, where he is scheduled to be the first pontiff to address a joint meeting of Congress. “It will be a historic visit, and we are truly grateful that His Holiness has accepted our invitation,” Boehner said in a statement.

propheciesoftheendtimes.com...

With all the world in more and more turmoil, and many, many people having a growing sense of foreboding, I feel this is a HUGE sign of the times.

Matthew 24:5: "For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ (or Messiah),' and will deceive many."

Matthew 24:6: "You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come."

Matthew 24:7-8: "Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of birth pains."

Matthew 24:9: "Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me."

It is sad to see this next verse is blatantly being fulfilled, I feel there are few left who have not made their choice.

Matthew 24:10-11: "At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people."

I know people feel HIS presence, that little voice inside. It is not a sign of weakness to open HIS door.
It is the ultimate and only TRUTH, the only thing that really matters.
I pray posting this will allow someone to open the door HE has been knocking at.

Revelation 3:20: Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

I cant suppress this feeling of imminent change coming, it has slowly been building to a crescendo that is almost overwhelming. Through HIM I am able to find peace In these perilous times.
I pray you all can find peace also, it is just a thought away.

John 3:16: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

I know there are some that are driven to shred threads like this, so be it. Just know this was posted out of love.
I have to go out but will check back later, thanks for your time.
Sincerely,
Steve
ETA: I am NOT a believer in date setting, but I do believe in watching for the signs of the times.

edit on 2 11 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Is he really Peter of Rome?

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Much of the bible is based on astrological phenomena so events being set up around astrological phenomena today doesn't really surprise me. I don't think this is "astonishing" at all (no offense to you), those in power know when these astrological phenomena will happen and so they set up events around them.

Someone good enough in astronomy 2,000 years ago could have predicted this blood moon, all they'd have to use was math and observation of the celestial bodies. This is why fulfillment of prophecies in the bible are usually accompanied by celestial alignments and such.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Very peaceful post, I normally don't get involved with gods and devils but your headliner was interesting, that being said the quotes you have offered up just reads like the definition of human nature.

A god that would allow a species to become what we have become scare's me just a little.

To quote Babylon AD, "god gave us the earth to see what we would do with it, rats in a gage would have done better, why would he want to help us".

Don't get me wrong, I do respect yours and others beliefs, I have just never been given the gift of faith and I won't do blind faith.

Have a nice day.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I would just like to point out that since the Jewish calendar is a lunar one, there is nothing unusual about a lunar eclipse happening on a Jewish holiday. You may now resume your incoherent rant.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

End times prophecy is just a hoot to read. Very entertaining but not to be taken seriously.

How many times through the centuries has the end been predicted by religions only to fall flat on their collective faces?

Far to many times to garner my faith.

It's all about fear and control.

That is of man. Not of God.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Recently the Pope has become cozy with the Protestant Churches. The video below is a message he sent to Kenneth Copeland. To me the message, was come home to your Father. (The church, basically said, "Ok we will be right there.") So, I wonder if his message on "Atonement" day will center around calling the people to "Repentance" and a return to "Mother Church". Im thinking he will have a similar message for the Muslims as well.

Obama wants a one world Govt, the Pope wants a one world Religion. Sounds like a marriage made in Heaven to me.

I find it interesting that Israel's visit (very close to the first blood moon) has been met with so much opposition.
The Jewish Christians see this triad and blood moons as a huge sign to believers. So, I will be watching all of this and praying I chose the right side of the fence. Especially after watching the Harbinger Videos by Jonathan Cahn. lol If you havent watched it, I linked it below. Very Very Interesting. Cahn also has a lot to say about the blood moons.

This video was a call to Copeland from the Pope telling his grandchildren to come home. www.youtube.com...

www.charismanews.com...

www.youtube.com... Rabbi Cahn and the Harbingers of the World Trade Center in Prophecy

edit on 11-2-2015 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Thanks Op I hadn't heard about that..

I definitely feel as though something large scale is about to happen.. it's going to rock the nations and leave leaders shaking their heads in bewilderment and confusion.. I have no idea what nor do I claim unique knowledge on when... it's just this uneasy, unsettling feeling in my spirit..

Probably due to reading too many ATS threads!!

OP, you do know what the scriptures say about seeing that day approaching and how WE should be living!?

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: HooHaa

Jonathan Cahn puts it together really well.
The Harbinger, the Shemitha and the Blood Moon stuff all go together.

Also Mark Biltz. Both of these men are Christian Rabbi's, believe me they know Hebrew and they expose the meanings of all this from a Rabbinic back ground. Which when you think about it, who would know more about a Hebrew based Religion than the Hebrews?
But, they have a really unique message. They even expose Paul. Very Interesting!
I linked the Harbinger above.
This is the Shemita:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: butcherguy

Not even close. But that Tom Horn fella wants to sell books and that Steve Quayle luvs any anti-Catholic hoax that comes along (he doesn't bother to check the accuracy of what he posts) so they both push it. Pope Francis doesn't fit the 'Peter the Roman' (alleged) prophecy. Not one bit.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 2/11/2015 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The title of the thread is wrong. The Pope is addressing congress the day after the Jewish day of atonement and it's not happening on the blood moon either. Also the United States isn't even in the bible so there is no prophecy being fulfilled here. So this is nothing more than another foreign leader speaking to congress. Personally even though I like this Pope I think he has no place addressing our congress.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

If anyone thinks this Pope is Peter of Rome would they please explain how he is supposed to bring about the destruction of Rome? This Pope has been sticking to the teachings of Christ more than any other Pope of recent times.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

If anyone thinks this Pope is Peter of Rome would they please explain how he is supposed to bring about the destruction of Rome? This Pope has been sticking to the teachings of Christ more than any other Pope of recent times.

I agree fully with your assessment of the current Pope's actions.
I loved that he washed prisoner's feet instead of Cardinals.
I wonder if those Cardinals were pissed off?

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

I find it interesting that Israel's visit (very close to the first blood moon) has been met with so much opposition.

Israel isn't visiting just the PM it's kind of hard for a nation to move around. The reason why it is being met with opposition is because he wants America to go to war for Israel.

The Jewish Christians see this triad and blood moons as a huge sign to believers.

You are either Jewish or Christian you cannot be both. There is no such thing as a Jewish race just as there is no such thing as a Christian or Muslim race. Yes the triad and blood moons is a big thing to believers just as Santa Claus and the Easter bunny is a big thing to believers.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I am looking for the Pope to drop a bomb (rhetorical) on the Congress.

It could be interesting.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I know everyone has an opinion on it, myself I am still not totally sold on the prophecy of the popes.
I find it interesting to see how it plays out.
Here is a view from a jesuit on it if you are interested.
socioecohistory.wordpress.c... om/2013/03/14/cris-putnam-petrus-romanus-arrives-on-3132013-at-2013-hours/

Interestingly, Rene Thibaut, the Jesuit who wrote in 1950 that the papacy would be abdicated in 2012, rejected the possibility of a pope named Peter and wrote that the name symbolized the totality of the papacy:

There is only one Peter, the first of the Roman pontiffs, and he was seen in his many successors. He still to serve in the final as in the first persecution. We believe Petrus Romanus represents all the Roman Pontiffs from St. Peter to the recipient Gloria Olivae.[2]

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1.

I don't think this is "astonishing" at all (no offense to you), .

No offense taken, as I stated in the OP

Yes, I realize some will not find anything astonishing about this at all, this is for those who do.

I also am unsure about the self fulfilling popes prophecy, it is a possibility. I find it interesting to pay attention to.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Battleline

Thank you for your kind reply.

I realize this subject isn't for everyone, personally I have always been fascinated with bible prophecy.

I also respect your opinion, we don't all believe the same things, and I would fight for your right to believe what you want.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
I would just like to point out that since the Jewish calendar is a lunar one, there is nothing unusual about a lunar eclipse happening on a Jewish holiday. You may now resume your incoherent rant.

Sorry you saw that as a rant, really wasn't my intention.

In the last 2000 years there have been 87 tetrads.

This one we are in the middle of now is the 8th to fall on these Jewish Holy days.

Your opinion is that this is not unusual, I see it differently.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: HooHaa
Thanks Op I hadn't heard about that..

I definitely feel as though something large scale is about to happen.. it's going to rock the nations and leave leaders shaking their heads in bewilderment and confusion.. I have no idea what nor do I claim unique knowledge on when... it's just this uneasy, unsettling feeling in my spirit..

Probably due to reading too many ATS threads!!

OP, you do know what the scriptures say about seeing that day approaching and how WE should be living!?

I agree about to much ATS, LoL.

Most everyone I know is sensing 'something' coming.

As far as how to live I like these.
This gives me comfort

John 14:1
Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me.

This gets me prepared to face what is ahead. And it lets me not be bothered by all the negativity threads like this attract.

1 Peter 4:12-19
Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed. If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. But let none of you suffer as a murderer or a thief or an evildoer or as a meddler. Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in that name. ...

And these I TRY to live up to everyday, but fail often.

Mathew 22:37-40
37Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38This is the first and great commandment. 39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Pretty much these verses sum up how I aspire to live, and with HIS help I get a little better at them as time goes on.
But I will unfortunately never attain my goal.

But as long as HE knows I am trying and ask for forgiveness when I fail, I usually have peace in my heart.
Its when I don't have peace I have to check my priorities, and it is ALWAYS ME that has moved away from HIM.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join