It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama soon to ask Congress for ISIS war authority

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: real_one

No need...

I had a feeling that would come up.

Like I said the start is not the most important circumstance, however evil, the initial idea becomes a lesser act (not forgivable or minor) than when said funded group go rogue and turn their attention onto anything and everything different from them.

& in this case, Nazis aside, it's only conjecture that ISIS isn't what we are told.

That may end up being exposed as true in the future...

But first things first, let's turn them into fertiliser.
Their origins do not negate what they have begun to do.

In my opinion!

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
a reply to: ratcals

Because this is an opportunity to forced the Republicans to actually 'own' this decision instead of sitting on the sidelines and bitching about how things SHOULD be handled. This way they have a clear opportunity to put their collective vote where their mouth has been.

How it should be handled very much must be discussed. We allow ourselves to be dragged into gorilla warfare we will loose, no if's and's or but's.

vietnamawbb.weebly.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

It is for good reason ISIS is trying to drag us into a boots on the ground situation, and we cannot acquiesce without loosing the battle against ISIS.

Targeted air strikes is all we can do successfully.
edit on 11-2-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
ISIS must be exterminated, by force, then the people who take their place must be killed also.

We keep killing until they stop fighting, take every fighting age male in that region of the world out if necessary, the only way to kill an ideology is to kill ALL its followers.

This should be undertaken by other mid-eastern countries but they will probably do nothing, Jordan may get involved but they're being very slow about it all.

Some may see that^ as genocide. however, its obvious they are never going to stop until they are ALL dead.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Isis mother of Horus god of war. The writing has been on the wall since its inception of the idea in the Pentagon.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

That's true...

I can see the bait being set...

I just wonder what happens when these Airstrikes start hitting the wrong people...

It's a dream scenario for ISIS because it says they have a point in their hatred.

& even if not hitting the wrong people, just Airstrikes could take decades to kill this threat...

It could be argued that it is up to Arabian/Persian Armed forces to deal with... Agreeable in a sense.

But also unpredictable.

& in this case, Western boots are being welcomed by the Middle East...
As opposed to recent history which made them unpopular for their unannounced invasions.

It's always a possibility that Geurilla Warfare can end up in defeat...
But I'd guess that's in the case of an entire countries tribes, freedom fighters & terrorists fighting against it...

In this case, I feel quite certain that Iraqis, Kurds & other surrounding region's people would, for the most part, be united against the likes of ISIS.

That ups the percentage of a victory against Fascism that is a threat to all.

In my opinion!

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
And just yesterday Obama said that the media is hyping up terrorism ? So which is it? Is the media hyping it up or do we need to go to war?

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

You don't know about Afghanistan as much, but we were winning Afghanistan. What we did in the beginning was put a small amount of special forces in to train the Afghan's, and assisted them.

We were actually winning - not we though, the Afghani's were. What happened at that point was that a general decided that there was about to be glory to be had, and he wanted that glory.. so he got the policy changed and we sent in boots on the ground..

that was the day we lost the war in Afghanistan.. had we never done that, the Taliban would be gone today.. yet for the sake of glory, which was idiocy, we decided to send boots on the ground...

We can never end a war, or win it that way... the way it began in Afghanistan with targeted air support, is the only way to win. We put boots on the ground, and just like Afghanistan we will loose.

There will be some measure of casualties that are "innocent" but at this point very little are innocent who are within ISIS held areas, I say that because if you are supporting them just to save your life, you are still supporting them. The ones who are vehemently against ISIS are either already gone, or already been killed by ISIS..

what we have left are their supporters... regardless of their reasons for that support.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

He's not asking.

He's just making it look like he's asking permission. .

"Quick! Look over here!"

Peace

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Great... Another unnecessary war that we have no business fighting and can't afford... Way to go Obama.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
TSA, DHS, PAtriot Act were bestowed upon the US populace when the US declared war previously.

This just gives me pause as to what freedoms America is going to give up next.

(All in the name of fighting terror, of course)
*rah*

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Banquo
I say its about time. Isis needs a big ole american can of whoopass!

Right, we've really done a bang up job so far!

Of course you will be signing up to go fight the Islamic hordes....
edit on 11-2-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Posted a thread on who's doing what in Syria some time ago

Follow the money

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
ISIS must be destroyed. Anyone who thinks we can just leave this evil cancer on humanity to just fester over there is just kidding themselves. These bastards are starting to spill over into Europe now. They have to be stopped.

Some of you are against us doing that. Why? I just can't get my head round that kind of mentality. 'Oh we don't need another war' etc. Yes we bloody do, and right now before these ISIS maggots get out of control and we ALL have a World War on our hands.

Congress divided on this eh? bunch of buffoons. Isolationist small minded money driven mentality. That is not the type of people we should have running this country.

Erm let's all scratch our chins for a bit while we decide wether or not to stop a huge evil army spreading all over the middle east or not. Hmm. Muppets.

It shouldn't even be up for debate destroying these maniacs. It's almost laughable that it is.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

There's not many left, I mean, maybe a few? Less then a handful?

Am I still alloud to curse?

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: real_one
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

They are our generations Nazis...

Anyone remember who funded the Nazis or do I need to drop some links?

Nutcase Bush's grandaddy, Prescott Bush. Just follow the money. ISIS serves a purpose and they won't be put down any time soon.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: angus1745

I don't think that will convince people who have concerns of a repeat of recent times.

It definitely won't convince the Hippies.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: angus1745

Syria and Iraq isn't "all over the middle east" buddy. They may have some presence in other countries, but they aren't spreading there nearly as well as they did in Syria and Iraq.

Besides your hostile attitude really isn't going to make me want to switch sides in this debate. I can almost FEEL insults coming my way just for responding to you once. We NEED another war? Really?
edit on 11-2-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
From the Marine barracks bombing through Afghanistan/Iraq,have we accomplished anything to justify the cost of our young soldier's lives?It seems our objectives are never met,ever.Anthing beyond air strikes and we'd have been sucked in again with the same results,Imo.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Themarkedone

Some people see it as genocide cause that is exactly what you just described

This is the attitude they hate, just like we hate them for wanting to kill us.
Its a damn what came first, the chicken or the egg.

If both sides continue to kill then hate will never end.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Can't please some...many have said he will not kill his muslim brothers and called him a coward etc and when he does suggest we all fight he is wrong.
ISIS need wiping out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join