It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama soon to ask Congress for ISIS war authority

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Washington (CNN)Six months after U.S. military action began against ISIS, the White House is poised to send Capitol Hill this week language to formally authorize the mission. But it's far from certain if the measure can pass Congress, which is deeply divided on the issue.

Not surprising, who didn't see this coming? The war machine in the Middle East continues to grind. ISIS is literally asking for war and the west is more than happy to oblige.

If you or anyone you know is thinking about joining the military please reconsider.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Another unnecessary war manafactured by TPTB... we are long overdue for one i just hope its not a NUKE WAR..a reply to: Swills

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
If ever there was a reason to fight a War...

A real War...

Not an invasion for resources...

Not a Coup...

Not a proxy Civil War to destabilise...

A proper War...

It's with ISIS.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Scumbag move, again by the people who are supposed to be representing the best interests of America/Americans.

They describe a 3-year limit, if ground troops and war authority are approved. As if 3 years of warfare wont be as bad . Pathetic and obvious attempt to get people to be "okay" with another war.

Enough is enough. I can't even articulate my thoughts after seeing this, just get's my blood boiling

a reply to: Swills

:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Thanks to the neocons; The US is in the business of war. Follow the money, who profits from war that is paid for by the American citizens taxes?

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I'm surprised he's asking. Why not just issue another Executive Order?

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I find this hard to believe, these are Obama's people.

I lean more towards another red line that will be crossed 5 times with no response or watch the right hand while the left is enabling the real agenda.

IMO

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

A real War...

Not a Coup...

A proper War...

It's with ISIS.
Concur! These vermin need exterminating!

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The ISIS crisis on hi rolling boil in the media and internet. Thats how we know…

…this "asking permission" to make war on another country (Syria) is BS. Since when did the US ask permission to make war?

They been doing that forever. They just tell us about it in stages and lie about the reasons for justifying it.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

A real War...

Define "real war" please.

Not a Coup...

That's exactly what this is, this gives Western powers a sneaky reason to oust Assad. It also allows the USA and its allies to regain some regional supremacy and strategical positioning.

Well, once again, this is exactly what this is, a proxy war meant to destabilize the region with the intention to topple Assad and pave the way to toppling Iran.

A proper War...

Once again, define proper war...?

It's with ISIS.

Let me fix that for you...what you should have typed is...

"It's with ISIS AKA CIA, Mossad, Saudi Royals, NATO, the people behind the curtain".
(Don't peek!)

Do you honestly believe that ISIS is what it's portrayed to be by our governments and media or are you letting possible sectarian bias guide your opinion on this one?
edit on 11-2-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Concur! These vermin need exterminating!

They say it's best to start with the head of the snake...

Pentagon/Whitehouse/Wall Street...list goes on

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I feel sorry for those who have done their time and just got out, because its very likely they'l get the phone call/letter.
All the best.
B. V. H .

a reply to: Swills

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I think the mighty pen ran out of ink!!!a reply to: ratcals

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: real_one

A real war, a proper war...

As in a true reason to fight.
eg The Nazis.

This is bigger than Syria, it's about the whole of the Levant... & possible more.

Secondly, if you know how Sunnis feel about Alawites you'd realise it's also bigger than a tyrant like Assad...
With no proxy necassary.

But it's fun to blame the West for Sunnis reacting to Assad's family atrocities spanning 4 decades.

Overall it matters not who started ISIS for what reason...

The fact is;
Even if they were a CIA/MOSSAD collaboration...Unprovable but listen...
Even if they were only meant to destabilise Syria... Not true but listen...
Even if it was to topple Iran... Unnecassary strategy but listen...

None of that changes that they have now gone rogue...
They are our generations Nazis...

There is nothing sectarian about it because I do not consider ISIS to be Muslims.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I'm thinking this must be in response to the news yesterday that the beasts have recruited 20,000 new wanna-be beasts.

Washington (CNN)—The number of foreign fighters traveling to join ISIS's ranks is increasing at an alarming rate, a top U.S. counterterrorism official is warning.

Nicholas Rasmussen, director of the National Counterterrorism Center, said more than 20,000 fighters, from more than 90 countries, have traveled to the ISIS battlefield, according to testimony CNN obtained in advance of a House Homeland Security Committee

www.cnn.com...
edit on 2/11/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

A real War...

Not a Coup...

A proper War...

It's with ISIS.

I agree, with one exception. No boots on the ground - then it turns into gorilla warfare and we automatically loose. We need to restrict it to airstrikes.

They have been pushing hard for us to go in boots on the ground.. for a reason.
edit on 11-2-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Thank you for the kind reply.

Please forgive me for not addressing your full response but I wanted to focus on this one part as I can certainly agree with it.

They are our generations Nazis...

Anyone remember who funded the Nazis or do I need to drop some links?

To those who are unaware, check out operation paperclip, maybe we will bring all the top ISIS members to the USA under new identities once this is all said and done...

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I think the possibility of ground forces should remain open. If things get progressively worse, more than just airstrikes and intelligence will be needed.

Fortunately, IS seems to be losing momentum in Iraq. Last i heard, there were rumours/statements going around saying that IS had withdrawn most of its forces to Mosul...

Syria's a different story, but i personally think that the USA should ally itself with Assad until the war is over, and then call for free and open elections in the country. It will likely avoid disaster and instability, much like we had seen in Libya when the people and militias were left to their own devices. If the government wins the war and allows an open election after the fact, the foundations will still be in place to develop a (hopefully) smooth transition into a new government.

edit on 11-2-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I say its about time. Isis needs a big ole american can of whoopass!

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ratcals

Because this is an opportunity to forced the Republicans to actually 'own' this decision instead of sitting on the sidelines and bitching about how things SHOULD be handled. This way they have a clear opportunity to put their collective vote where their mouth has been.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join