It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why God chose a virgin to became flesh?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Wifibrains

Just because someone has unconditional love doesn't mean they can't be taken advantage of. Maybe that unconditional love isn't returned, it only goes one way with most people I think. Why don't they have love for their home? Because they've been taught that this isn't our true home, heaven is.

I'm not calling Earth a whore as an insult, only as a way to show what the bible means by "whore of Babylon" or "daughter of Zion". They are the ones who see her as a whore, I see her as a victim of circumstances.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I understand, but millions don't.

She has been locked away for exclusive use by the devil in man and her produce is sold to her children instead of the ole "ask and you shall receive".

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

First of all, why would earth be a "she"?

I mean, I understand people feeling the need to place genders on everything but the concept seems silly to me.

Also, earth can take care of itself.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I agree, everything she has to offer is given freely out of "unconditional love", but some of her children lust after her resources and want to profit off of them, so they create currency to sell the resources she freely offers.

They couldn't destroy our home without a fight, so they created religion and veiled her true identity from those who WOULD fight for their home. That's why monotheistic religions focus on the masculinity of the divine and all but erase the femininity of the divine, they do it to make us ignorant of the fact that they are destroying our true home for their own selfish gain.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

Because it is where we develop and it is our home. What helps us to develop into a full human being? Our mother's womb. Earth is the womb, we are the children being developed in the womb.

I agree there is no need to genderize things, but they already genderized it thousands of years ago. I'm only trying to explain why and how they did it.

Mother derives from the word "matter" or "matrix", meaning the material world it's the Motherly or feminine aspect of existence. It nurtures us just as a mother nurtures her newborn baby.
edit on 2/11/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Earth doesn't really nurture us. We exist on earth and is a part of the cycle of systems here but to say it nurtures us is ignoring life and death.

It's wonderful yet terrifying all at once. Not something I would want to connect with my own mother, but perhaps the ancient people had different child rearing practices that meant people associated their mother with something nurturing, violent and abusive.

edit on 11-2-2015 by OrphanApology because: grammar hammer

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I want to thank everybody who has posted on this thread for doing it in a respectful manner. Later I will post another thread that may be related but a bit more spicy.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Where does your nourishment come from? Where does the roof over your head come from? Where do your family and friends come from? Earth.

Yes, Earth does nurture us because without its resources we would have gone extinct a long time ago.

This says nothing about war and murder though, that comes from the minds of men and Mother nature does not "approve"of those things. Why would a Mother want her children to suffer and her body to be maimed and scarred?

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Does your avatar and username reveal your intentions, or is that just coincidence?

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I don't know what you are referring to. But if you're curious:

My username is the title of a novel I began writing years ago that I never finished because I am a bad writer, so instead became the title to one of my songs.

The Avatar is a painting that I came upon accidentally while listening to this "Dvorak" piece on Youtube. I found it to be really interesting and I had to look up the rest of the painting. There aren't many paintings or pieces of art that can grab attention in such a way and make the viewer wonder "what the hell happened". It was perfect for the mood of the music.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
because a child born of actual intercourse between two filthy animals kind of undermines the whole "divinity" thing. the emphasis on his divinity demanded a more tenuous relationship with the earthly dimension and virgins have always been spiritually significant, back to when they were used in fairy tales to lure the elusive unicorn. classic storytelling.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Mothers historically were not that great toward their children. Child rearing practices have improved vastly in recent years.

If you are bored and want to read through it, there is a wonderful website called psyschohistory.com that has many interesting articles studying a possible relation between historical war and child abuse/child rearing practices.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Fair enough. 'twas canny though.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I still don't know what you are referring to. Will you explain please?

Otherwise the curiosity will drive me nuts.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Abednego

If you are not going to contribute or saying anything of value that could add to the debate, please leave. Thank you.

Exactly my point. You want to divide people up."Please leave'" just bears that out. This isn't your thread by the way, its a thread you started on ATS.

If you read all the posts on this thread, you will notice that nobody is trolling against the bible, or religion, they are not even making any dividing comments.
They are posting in a very respectful manner.

Except your reply to me…

If you are not going to contribute or saying anything of value that could add to the debate, please leave. Thank you.

I would leave but you keep calling me back.

Its impossible for a virgin to give birth. The egg needs to inseminated. This requires sperm… a penis and sex.

Sorry about that.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Well here we are talking about man killing their own mother and here is you with a picture of a dead woman under the words, orphan apology...

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego

a reply to: Abednego

Exactly my point. You want to divide people up."Please leave'" just bears that out. This isn't your thread by the way, its a thread you started on ATS.

If you read all the posts on this thread, you will notice that nobody is trolling against the bible, or religion, they are not even making any dividing comments.
They are posting in a very respectful manner.

Except your reply to me…

I would leave but you keep calling me back.

Its impossible for a virgin to give birth. The egg needs to inseminated. This requires sperm… a penis and sex.

Sorry about that.

Now we are getting close. What about and androgynous being? Not hermaphrodite. Look for information on the androgynous Adam.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It's not impossible for a virgin to give birth, it just hasn't been documented in humans. But honestly it hasn't really been studied very well so it's impossible to know if it has happened.

If it did it would be an extremely rare event, but again I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility.

It's called a "Parthenogenic" birth and the baby would essentially be a female copy of the mother.

Also, it can be done in a lab. So if you wanted to go off the alien theory, such a birth would be very easy to emulate for an advanced species(god).

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Oh I see what you're saying now.

Yeah that makes sense, except:

A. I don't consider earth a mother
B. Don't think humans(man) have the ability to kill earth even if it was a mother.
C. Earth is just as cruel as it is wonderful(that's why I posted the video of Carlin. Ask the people at Pompeii how nice and nurturing earth is)
D. Historically women have been very abusive toward infants and that might have been why many of these "mother" diety figures have violent aspects to them

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

It's not impossible for a virgin to give birth, it just hasn't been documented in humans. But honestly it hasn't really been studied very well so it's impossible to know if it has happened.

Without going the "alien" route, I think the term virgin birth means she was a virgin when she got pregnant. So it wasn't her second child, for instance. She was still a virgin when whomever impregnated her.

It has been misconstrued down the millennia to mean something else. She can't be bearing child without being pregnant. The issue is meaningless. What difference does it make whether its some kind of Holy sperm or 'regular'? The spirit is what matters, which has less to do about spermatozoa and more to do with Sprituality.
We waste our time debating this issue.

The message, not the man.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join