It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why God chose a virgin to became flesh?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
Or

A Jewish vixen lied about her sexual past.....what do you think is more likely?

Or,

The story attributed to Mary, Jesus and his birth was mostly exaggerated for the purposes of allegory and/or prophecy.

I don't have an opinion either way on the topic, but i think it would do people well to approach these stories in more ways than one. Not everything in the Bible should be taken at face value or considered literal. Some, if not most, of it's contents is made up of allegories and mythology.
edit on 11-2-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Get out the heresy stakes.

All of us have the power to become sons of God. Just men, born of women. People should stop putting anyone on a pedestal so much.

It goes against the grain of all equal in Gods eyes and is the beginning of fomenting division across broad lines.

He's a God, not he's not. She's a virgin, no she's not.

Who cares, give it a rest already. Go do some good deed for someone and ask nothing in return.

Geez Louise…
edit on 11-2-2015 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I have read there are seven levels of interpretation for the bible, I think conforming to levels of consciousness and about people able to interpret and speak it as a whole through parable.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Abednego

Only one group of people believe in Original Sin.

Maybe less of a sinner than everyone else at the time.

That said, original sin aside, Catholics believe that "full of grace" is equivalent to sinless.

What is the original sin?
I think that most people is mistaken about the original sin.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Well, Jesus was competing with his bro Horus, who was called "The Light Of the World. and was conceived through The Great Virgin, Isis, for divinity points!

edit on 11-2-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Get out the heresy stakes.

All of us have the power to become sons of God. Just men, born of women. People should stop putting anyone on a pedestal so much.

It goes against the grain of all equal in Gods eyes and is the beginning of fomenting division across broad lines.

He's a God, not he's not. She's a virgin, no she's not.

Who cares, give it a rest already. Go do some good dead for someone and ask nothing in return.

Geez Louise…

If you are not going to contribute or saying anything of value that could add to the debate, please leave. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego

That said, original sin aside, Catholics believe that "full of grace" is equivalent to sinless.

Warm apple pie.

Lol

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

The virgin birth is just a way to symbolize how life began on this planet, God did not actually impregnate a virgin woman 2,000 years ago, the story is only allegory and nothing more. Earth was "sinless" when the first lifeforms began emerging from her, the whole "we are sinners" thing is only there to keep people from reaching their full potential.

It's all just a game to TPTB, we've been losing for a while now. These allegorical myths being taken as literal is what keeps us in the dark. That's why the bible was written in such a way, to leave the vast majority in the dark about its stories' underlying meanings.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wifibrains

Warm apple pie.

Lol

It was desire by Adam. Not just eating the fruit. Read well the Genesis and you will see that Adam was alone at first. He did not needed a woman. He was perfect. Until he saw that every creature had a partner.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

The virgin birth is just a way to symbolize how life began on this planet, God did not actually impregnate a virgin woman 2,000 years ago, the story is only allegory and nothing more.

Darkness moved upon the waters.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

If you are not going to contribute or saying anything of value that could add to the debate, please leave. Thank you.

Exactly my point. You want to divide people up."Please leave'" just bears that out. This isn't your thread by the way, its a thread you started on ATS.

edit on 11-2-2015 by intrptr because: change

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The virgin birth is just a way to symbolize how life began on this planet, God did not actually impregnate a virgin woman 2,000 years ago, the story is only allegory and nothing more. Earth was "sinless" when the first lifeforms began emerging from her, the whole "we are sinners" thing is only there to keep people from reaching their full potential.

It's all just a game to TPTB, we've been losing for a while now. These allegorical myths being taken as literal is what keeps us in the dark. That's why the bible was written in such a way, to leave the vast majority in the dark about its stories' underlying meanings.

You are right, we need to do something in order to awake the full potential of humanity. Is something that will take many years to do, but we need to start somewhere.
And doing this kind of debate we will be in that position. My purpose is to make people think in the subject and guide them, until they alone realize what is happening.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I think a better question is: Why did man choose a Virgin to give birth to God?

Because, if the child had both a human father and a human mother, then there would be no way to claim God ship.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I'd wager that if there were no church there would be many more people who "get" what these stories are trying to convey, but since the church was created to interpret FOR us, that means a huge amount of people are cut off from seeking their true meanings because "we already have the answers you're looking for".

Finding God doesn't require a middle man telling you what to believe or how to believe in it.

The bible is nothing but a psy-ops campaign put in place by those in power. Those in power know the truth, they just choose to hide it for their own benefit. They hide it in plain sight.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I'd wager that if there were no church there would be many more people who "get" what these stories are trying to convey, but since the church was created to interpret FOR us, that means a huge amount of people are cut off from seeking their true meanings because "we already have the answers you're looking for".

Finding God doesn't require a middle man telling you what to believe or how to believe in it.

The bible is nothing but a psy-ops campaign put in place by those in power. Those in power know the truth, they just choose to hide it for their own benefit. They hide it in plain sight.

Many people are looking after a foreign installation that is not theirs. A program they run on but think it is them.

Mary Mary, Quite contrary

How does your garden grow?

With Silver Bells, And Cockle Shells

Sing cuckolds all in a row.

"The term cuckold is applied to one unwittingly investing parental effort in offspring that are not genetically their own."

(Wo)Man did not learn to speak to be pulled out of a relationship with nature and the universe into a false matrix. Language was first created with a much more "meaningful" and sacred purpose as opposed to how it is used nowadays. A journey of discovery through the expression of the spirit. In the beginning there was the word, and the word was god?

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Wifibrains

The Tower of Babel? That wasn't God's work, men did that. Why do we have so many languages today in a globalized world? To keep us from coming together as one people. Man creates new languages to divide the people and keep the power all to himself. Yes, indigenous people create their own languages without any ulterior motives but those who have been fighting for a globalized world have created languages to keep us divided and unable to communicate or relate to one another.

Yes, language was created to express spiritual and physical experiences, but man has since turned language into a tool to hide the truth and to divide us. The bible is a great example of this. Through the years and thousands of translations, we have lost the true meaning of the original words.

This is a bit off-topic though.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Because it makes the story even more "miraculous", plus God doesn't have a penis and they had to sell Jesus as the Son of God.

There have also been other gods born from virgins, Christianity is a melding of pagan and Jewish mythology used as a way to keep the Roman empire afloat.

A non-virgin woman getting pregnant by herself is still a miracle.
God doesn't have a penis? You are saying that God is a female entity? What about the duality of God?

I'm pretty sure that God is supposed to be genderless.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Virgin birth= parthenogenic birth= female offspring

I imagine that if these fairy tales are based on any semblance of reality then if a woman did indeed conceive without a father the child would be female.

But of course if that did happen, women weren't very popular throughout history and so those "divine" births stories would have been changed into males at some point.

Otherwise I imagine many of the stories originated from women getting pregnant from molestation or from having an affair.

It's also possible to have sex and the hymen not break. If the pictures of ancient men are anything to go off of, that would be no surprise.

You could also go down the route and say that it was an ancient alien race. But again, makes no sense that the divine creatures would be born male. Also considering that all humans start out as an X, it would make even less sense.

I'm going with the affair or molestation theory, followed by a parthenogenic birth that would be female.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

It has swerved off coarse slightly, you led me astray with your bible psy op rant! Lol

Yes I agree. Language has been used to smear our perception and hide the truth.

Im sure the word for virgin was not used in the original Hebrew in association to Mary. The translation has given her that attribute.
edit on 11-2-2015 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Although Isaiah used the Hebrew word almah only one time in his entire corpus (7:14), the prophet uses this word virgin (betulah) five times throughout the book of Isaiah (23:4; 23:12; 37:22; 47:1; 62:5).

It seems to me that the prophet is using the word "virgin" to address the sacred priestesses, while at the same time persecuting them.

47:1
"Come down, and sit in the dust, O virgin daughter of Babylon, sit on the ground: there is no throne, O daughter of the Chaldeans: for thou shalt no more be called tender and delicate."

Enter an over domineering masculine consciousness and the patriarchal logos principle that would gain apotheosis and suppress the feminine sexuality that once put the whole earth in the palm of woman's hand...before sin was invented.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join