It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to Shovel Snow For a Few Extra Dollars? Nope...It's Gonna Cost You.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
Had to step away.

On returning I am so frikkin' happy to see one thing (or rather a lack of) and that is not one person agrees with the Law on this one.

Finally we are getting somewhere.

Today...The snow shoveler.

Tomorrow? The World!

Peace

Remember your benediction, Jude. The world is a very
fluxy place lately. And I know better than most what a
stainless Craftsman 15" can do to a 5 gallon bucket of
gelatin.LOL seriously, $450 for a permit? Welcome ta Joizy.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
They tried to implement a bylaw like this in my town as well. As we pay an exorbitant amount of tax for a small rural town, everyone complained and refused to pay it, and it wasn't long before the town purchased a small rig for clearing the sidewalks. a reply to: Doom and Gloom

edit on 11-2-2015 by Atsbhct because: Spelling.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: boohoo

What an excellent and insightful post ! I fear your right and since every American citizen is registered on Wall Street as an "asset" they are expected to generate a certain amount of money for The "Corporation" of America. As people try and become more self sufficient, live more simply with less debt and try and control commerce and services by choosing alternatives to corporate monopolies we're gonna see the noose tightening.

Maybe me and my group of family, friends and peers are not the majority, but there are ALOT of people out there putting the "hurt" on some of these big corporations with their pocket books, Monsanto is a good example, they had huge loses last year....we're not gonna willingly eat their "Frankenfood" ...have you noticed the new PR ads Monsanto is running now..." Let's have a conversation about food " as happy families are eating these very healthy looking meals.....eye roll.....

Your point about reducing police spending is a good solution and keeping the control of funding at local and state level is important. Ideally police should work in the same communities they live in so they are able to maintain a "humanity" to the public they are tasked to protect and serve. Perhaps the cops in NY unwittingly made a very important point when they decided to longer enforce petty crime laws....and the public was able to see NY didn't go into some crime ridden chaos, but boy it sure put the hurt on the bureaucracy those petty fines support....Hmmmmmm
edit on 11-2-2015 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
a reply to: jude11

Yup.

It's a mad mad mad mad mad mad world.

And if your kid is under the age of 18 and he/she earns $20 mowing somebody's lawn, as the parent you are supposed to claim that $20 as income on your tax return come tax time.

Parents everwhere are breaking the law each and every day and don't even know it.

And one might wonder why do people try to cheat the system.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Doom and Gloom

If the home owner does not own the sidewalk and are not the ones putting the snow on the sidewalk I do not see how in any rational or logical sense it should be their responsibility or problem. It's the states sidewalk, if they want their property without snow, clean it themselves, or hire someone to clean it, or go fine mother nature, cause it's not the homeowners damn responsibility nor should it be.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Man I miss the old days.

We used to mow lawns, sell lemonade, clean yards, shovel snow, hold yard sales...anything. It was fun and we made a few dollars for the movies, comics, snacks etc.

Now? Kids don't even get outside anymore. Faces stuck in screens. And when a few try to take initiative to sell lemonade or shovel snow, authority and bureaucrats smack them down. So what to do but go back inside and look at a screen for hours at a time.

Something is seriously wrong with us as a society. It's our own fault for letting it get this way because we don't fight city hall anymore but rather sit here and type on our own screens. We're not even fighting for our kids right now and we wonder what they'll have for their future? Nothing.

Why are these kids getting strong armed for simply shovelling snow for a few measly dollars?

1. We let city hall make these new laws, regulations.

2. We are the generation making these rules. That's the truly sad reality.

Man I miss the old days.

And for those that aren't old enough to have experienced it, you missed a lot. You may be getting the crap end of the stick right now but at least you don't have something to miss. Sad but true.

BTW...I'm 51.

Peace

edit on 11-2-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The only reason these kids had to deal with this is because someone in the community complained. Who would do that you might ask. Answer... the competition bum bum bum. conspiracies abound on ATS

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join