It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to Shovel Snow For a Few Extra Dollars? Nope...It's Gonna Cost You.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Well, I guess if you have to pay for permits to sell lemonade on your front lawn, you also should have a permit to make a few bucks on snow days.

Not considering those that need the service. The elderly, disabled etc. Nope they have to wait till the snow just magically disappears I guess.

Matt Molinari and Eric Schnepf, both 18-year-olds from Bound Brook, N.J., were going door-to-door in their neighborhood Jan. 27, handing out homemade flyers that offered snow-shoveling services. School had already been canceled for the next day, when a winter storm was expected to bury their portion of the Garden State under several inches of cold white powder… According to local news reports, the cops told the kids they weren’t allowed to solicit business by going door-to-door without a permit from the local government.

www.activistpost.com...
watchdog.org...

But it's ok if you want to give Govt. their cut of course.

To get a permit for door-to-door solicitation in Bound Brook, Molinari and Schnepf would have had to pay the borough $450 (and the government-issued permission slip is only good for 180 days at a time, which is fine if you’re trying to run a snow-shoveling business, but not so great if you’re trying to offer services year-round).

$450 permit to shovel snow? That's a lot of driveways before profit dollar #1.

Pure insanity and greed.

Peace

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Educated idiots trying to climb the ladder at work.

Order following enforcing rules they themselves believe are unjust.

The continuation of utter stupidity coming from humans.
edit on 2/11/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

That's a lot of driveways before profit dollar #1.

That depend on what you charge, your charge should of course incl expenses, business one o one...

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Yup.

It's a mad mad mad mad mad mad world.

And if your kid is under the age of 18 and he/she earns $20 mowing somebody's lawn, as the parent you are supposed to claim that $20 as income on your tax return come tax time.

Parents everwhere are breaking the law each and every day and don't even know it.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Educated idiots trying to climb the ladder at work.

Order following enforcing rules they themselves believe are unjust.

The continuation of utter stupidity coming from humans.

hmmmm...Politicians and police not so different after all?

"Just following orders"

Biggest excuse of all time.

Peace

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
LoL it reminds me of the cartoon Robin Hood with the Fox as Robin... The Disney Version.

Specifically the Sheriff of Nottingham going around collecting muscling people out of "Taxes".

Unbelievable.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

Yup.

And if your kid is under the age of 18 and he/she earns $20 mowing somebody's lawn, as the parent you are supposed to claim that $20 as income on your tax return come tax time.

Parents everwhere are breaking the law each and every day and don't even know it.

Difficult to follow the law when new ones are made every minute.

Peace

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

Yup.

Well they need to be under indictment and should be prosecuted in federal court. These parents think they can just do whatever they want, this is America damnit they need to pay their taxes!

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

That depend on what you charge, your charge should of course incl expenses, business one o one...

23 driveways before dollar 1 at $20 per.

And I get to claim my shovel...Woo-Hoo!

Peace

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Kids making a few extra bucks is not business one o one ......

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
They should be praising these yoing chaps for being good to the community and showing initiative.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The kids should have sent hundred of thousands of (illegal? immigrants?, but that doesn't matter in the end) people from door to door and with that much force in their hands they would have gotten out of every tax-law the government would have tried to throw at them.

Get big and get free out of everything, that is the way. Not only the "american" way, but worldwide, everywhere the same.

link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

These kids are felons they need to be locked up for 6 months and put on probation for 5 years plus a 10,000,000 dollar fine so we can increase the local budget this year.

I need a job prosecuting cases you know.

link   

originally posted by: jude11

23 driveways before dollar 1 at $20 per.

And I get to claim my shovel...Woo-Hoo!

Peace

As well as your outerwear, cost of printing/distributing your pamphlets, permit fees, bank account service fees, a portion of your house expenses for office use... And before you know it, you've made negative $260.00 and therefore don't have to pay a dime in taxes on earned income !

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

18 year old, that is a young adult

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I would tell my kids to do it anyway... my son used to make good money in his truck hooking up a chain to people's cars who went off into the ditch, and pulling them out.. some people would give 10 dollars some people 20.. he never asked for money, just started doing it on his way to school in the morning when the roads were bad, and people just offered up money for it..

On really bad days when school was out, he could make 2 or 3 hundred in one day... just offering to help people and letting them set the price, what it was worth to them to get out of the ditch and not paying 75.00 for a tow truck.. Nice cars never wanted him to.. but people with slightly older cars, always did.

No permit necessary..
edit on 11-2-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
What would have happened if those kids simply told the cop, "No"? No profanity, no dismissing the cop's intentions, not being rude or combative, just a simple response to his directive. Now I'm not presenting this as though the cop would have shrugged and walked away, but it flabbergasts me that not only it seems the population is placated into following orders without question, but that they also aren't willing to take a chance to see what will happen either.

I would have simply said no, and see what happens from there.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Another example of a criminal who thinks they can just break the law and get away with it.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
They should be praising these yoing chaps for being good to the community and showing initiative.

Plus helping out the people who need the service. Is the city going to shovel their walkways and driveways for them for $20?

Doubt it.

Peace

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

you think shoveling snow or pulling someone out of the ditch when you are 16 or 17 years old is criminal?

Yeah.. to me it's really not. Kids aren't trying to run a business, they are simply using what tools they have to make a little extra ..

If you did it for family you wouldn't need a permit - kids should be taught we are all family.
edit on 11-2-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join