It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is exactly how and why Social Justice Warriors are poisoning humanity.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I was watching a video called "Badgerpod GamerGate: Goblins, golbins, goblins!" on youtube.
And they managed in this episode to soo perfectly describe and illustrate the problem that I absolutely had to share it.
I also suggest that anyone who supports these SJWs on their self righteous crusades to listen.
This is an Internet radio program which describes how the creator of a web comic and an accompanying blog is attacked by a group of Social Justice Warriors attempting to enforce their demands that only one point of view should be expressed. His frightening story begins at about the 24 minute mark.

Civil discussion welcome.
edit on 11-2-2015 by HarbingerOfShadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Civil discussion? Ok you start. What do you think?

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Um?
I already said what I think in the OP?

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows

um no you didnt you just basically said you agreed with the video message

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

2 hours!!! Pretty long man. Plus I made it to about 2 min. and was already board and have no idea what I'm about to waste time listening to for 2 hours.

Think we can get a little info before we dive in for 2hours??

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Which would be my thoughts.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   

I jumped through it and heard some good simple logic.

Feminism has reduced women to mere victims, she recognizes the sophistry.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Ya can we get the cliff notes version?
Like what do they say that you agree with.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

They also talk about the pathology of it.
It's not so much that feminism directly reduces women to victms.
But that if it is taken too far or people do what people are want to do.
Which is drag unspoken and unrelated personal issues and needs into it.
That is what you get.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Wish I could transcribe the thing.
But as I am currently on my smartphone and nowhere near my computer, I can't.

Sorry.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Here is a quote I really agree with:
"If anything arises that you can't question. It's your obligation to question it."
Which really shows my problem with a lot of modern "feminists".
You can't question them, they say it repeatedly.
Whether it's saying that if you're not a feminist you're a misogynist bigot.
Or saying anyone who questions a self styled feminist, even other self styled feminists, are a misogynist.

I know, I have been called a misogynist more times than I care to count.
I very much am not a misogynist though.

And I challenge anyone to concretely prove that I am.
I've spoken out against individual women or the mob of victim mentality that is now feminism.
I don't classify all women as all the same.
I think it's incredibly stupid to do such a thing.

So my comments can't be reasonably construed as misogyny.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: HarbingerOfShadows
a reply to: American-philosopher

Which would be my thoughts.

My thought is that I'm not going to waste my time with this. No video involved.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Funny.
That's the longest amount of time spent "not wasting of time" ever.
Just saying.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I listened from the 24 min. point for about 20 min. and I believe got the jest of the interview. This man apparently created a cartoon that had a group of men telling a woman they were going to "dog pile" her, he claims that he wasn't referring to the men raping her, but in any case, this is what set off the "feminists" and in particular set off what appears to be an emotionally unstable rape victim / survivor who began what he believes was a campaign to smear his reputation and accuses him of condoning rape, hating women, including his wife and that he lied about his own Mother being raped as a teenager.

I find the more interesting part of the interview to be how chocked up he became when discussing learning as a teenager that his Mother was abducted by 3 men for 3 days and repeatedly raped until one of the men took mercy on her and let her go. It seems that may have had a big influence on some of his work, because he says him and his Mother agreed he could use her story in his comic books and apparently the Mother also has a blog where she tries to help other rape victims.

It seems to me that everyone involved in this story was traumatized by rape and is coping in their own ways with it. Why thousands of people jumped on the band wagon on both sides is bizarre ?? It seems it became a spectacle, with both sides behaving badly and at that point no meaningful discussion was possible, sad really.....

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Mercy? Ha. He had 2 choices- kill her or let her go. If he kills her he either faces a death penalty or a much longer prison sentence if he gets caught. So lets not call him "merciful" since it was basically a self-serving decision. Merciful people do not kidnap and assault other people.

a reply to: MountainLaurel

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SallieSunshine
Mercy? Ha. He had 2 choices- kill her or let her go. If he kills her he either faces a death penalty or a much longer prison sentence if he gets caught. So lets not call him "merciful" since it was basically a self-serving decision. Merciful people do not kidnap and assault other people.

Yes...of course your right ! I'm not sure why I used that word, other then the guy in the interview whose Mother was raped seem to imply that this 3rd man acted alone to free her, when that wasn't the intent of the other two men involved. It was a horrible act and "mercy" was a poor choice of words.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

No, the panel in question has a demon flipping off a bald guy and telling him when he dies. That he and his demon friends will dogpile HIM in hell.
The two characters in the comic have a history.

Dogpile in this instance is another word from "ganging up on" as in a group beating down one person.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I have not seen the video yet I will try to watch it later tonight. The topic is interesting to me in a lot of ways. I have seen I dunno how many videos about misogyny and misandry and they have been both entertaining as well as infuriating at times LOL

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75

I chock it up to the fact that, if we're honest, it is highly unlikely anyone is going to agree 100% on anything.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

So I listened to the audio, or at least as much as I can stomach and I feel bad for the comic guy. Talk about getting caught in an ideological crossfire.
Its like they crucified the guy without any basis at all. From what I heard they did not even properly identify the person who the demon was pointing at in the comic strip.
It was the bald guy who the demon said would be dog piled not the woman, and rape was not even the context of the dog piling, but more of a "me and my buddies are gonna kick your butt" kind of context.
It is sick what they put this guy through.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join