It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cholesteral is now A-OK

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Well man-made trans fats (hydrogenated) ARE pretty much poisonous... but cholesterol itself has a bad rap that it likely doesn't deserve (as OP says).

Linus Pauling thought cardiovascular disease was (basically) caused by vit c deficiency and most cholesterol was fine and just the body reacting to deterioration in the plumbing... and cvd could be reversed with vitamins and a couple amino acids... anecdotal evidence of many thousands have found that to be true.

So eat the bacon (if it doesn't have nitrites anyway) and butter and enjoy... as long as you get enough vitamins and trace elements, too.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Look on Youtube or such for "How Bad Science and Big Business Created the Obesity Epidemic" - USF College of Arts and Sciences, "David Diamond, Ph.D., of the University of South Florida College of Arts and Sciences shares his personal story about his battle with obesity"

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

I have high blood pressure and cholesterol so my doctor told me , he put me on statins that i was to take for the rest of my life . well after taking them for two weeks i told him that i would not be taking them again because they totally messed up my sleeping pattern , i had trouble getting off to sleep and not waking up until nearly mid day .

i chose to self medicate by the food i was eating , i have not been back yet to see if there is any improvement and even if there is no change i will not be taking statins ever again .

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Next week: "Experts" claim, a cup of gasoline a day can help lower the risk of heart disease and promote soft skin!

You're not far from the truth.

Health benefits of drinking kerosene:

www.health-science-spirit.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
It's not the cholesterol. ..it's inflammation.

Inflammation caused by processed foods, trans fats and too much sugar. The inflammation causes scarring which allows the cholesterol to get trapped and clogged in the arteries.
edit on 2/12/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Should I bring up "Climate Change?"

Naw. LOL

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

I actually think that heart attacks can be caused by years of consumption of large amounts of sugar and carbohydrates. People drink a lot of corn syrup, eat a lot of bread, and way more sugar in the modern day than in times years back. I think I read that people on the "Western diets" eat as much as 2000 GRAMS of carbohydrates/sugar each day. No wonder everyone's pancreas' are wearing out and turning diabetic! I don't think it's just the pancreas that sugar tears up. I tend to think that sugar can tear up every organ in the body. Most people have "grain brain" today. I think that if people give up the sugars and starches that they would live a long time. Wow, humans are not cattle after all! Imagine that...

There are lots of sugars in fruit too. I think that humans were meant to eat meat, vegetables, and minimal amounts of starch and sugar. I am not saying bread and corn syrup will kill you-as long as you keep them to a minimum. Eat less than 100 grams of carbohydrates each day, and you will probably live to be over 100 years old. Start adding the grain and fructose sources, and watch the health problems start forming and strike you with a vengeance.

I am not a doctor, but I know that my great grandma who lived to be 98 years old didn't eat many carbs or sugar. My grandpa had his first heart attack when he was 52 years old, and only made it to 81 years old after many more heart attacks/stints etc. I watched him drink a lot of grain alcohol (whiskey, rum, etc.) and eat lots of carbohydrates. Just an observation, I am in no way whatsoever a doctor.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Ummm...Yup...now if you just extrapolate the notion that the "science" was NOT settled...on this out to include the newest fad faux rage...I.E........"Anthropogenic global warming"...then you just might come full circle in having an open mind...

NOT...speaking "you" specifically....however...the science was once settled on killer cholesterol...that OOPS...Not So Much...now that you ingested all those trans fats...and called them yummy...

Maybe we can get all them warmests to fry us up a batch of eggs and slather on some good old fashioned butter...
as the ice age commences............................KWIM...?

I too am...........tired of control freaks...

YouSir
edit on 12-2-2015 by YouSir because: the yolks on us...

edit on 12-2-2015 by YouSir because: of the at missing " mark

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I am extrapolating this style of "science" to many things - climate change, smoking, obesity, drinking, vacinations, drug laws, studies on new and old medication.

Google Ban on Sugar to see how far that 1 is getting.

And yes - you understand my user name perfectly

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This is one of the tenets of the elders of zion, control all the food, the scum have been buying up farms for the past 30 odd years especially through george soros and joe lewis (who I think was blown up in a helicopter last year)
the scum have controlled the media 96% of it, and virtually all the publishing companies since 1920-1930 so you are only getting a massive one sided story from a bunch of humans who are hell bent on killing us and our planet (they are still using CFC gas in airline fuel and the ozone is getting so big they just don't talk about it anymore as we don't have much time left, the bark facing the sun on some Trees here in Australia is being burnt off by the sun.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Wookiep

Next week: "Experts" claim, a cup of gasoline a day can help lower the risk of heart disease and promote soft skin!

You're not far from the truth.

Health benefits of drinking kerosene:

www.health-science-spirit.com...

I've accidentally taken a big swallow of turpentine.
I was using a coffee cup for my turp pot while painting and drinking a cup of coffee.
I went to take a gulp of coffee while pondering my next strokes and grabbed the wrong mug.
It didn't cause any obvious problems.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: jinni73

the bark facing the sun on some Trees here in Australia is being burnt off by the sun.

I don't suppose you have any supporting evidence to go with that claim ?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
It's not the cholesterol. ..it's inflammation.

Inflammation caused by processed foods, trans fats and too much sugar. The inflammation causes scarring which allows the cholesterol to get trapped and clogged in the arteries.

Related to this do you think (note the bolded part)?
scienceblog.com - Egg yolk consumption almost as bad as smoking when it comes to atherosclerosis...

“The mantra ‘eggs can be part of a healthy diet for healthy people’ has confused the issue. It has been known for a long time that a high cholesterol intake increases the risk of cardiovascular events, and egg yolks have a very high cholesterol content. In diabetics, an egg a day increases coronary risk by two to five-fold,” says Dr. Spence, a Professor of Neurology at Western’s Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry and the Director of its Stroke Prevention and Atherosclerosis Research Centre (SPARC) at the Robarts Research Institute. “What we have shown is that with aging, plaque builds up gradually in the arteries of Canadians, and egg yolks make it build up faster – about two-thirds as much as smoking. In the long haul, egg yolks are not okay for most Canadians.”

Dr. Spence adds the effect of egg yolk consumption over time on increasing the amount of plaque in the arteries was independent of sex, cholesterol, blood pressure, smoking, body mass index and diabetes. And while he says more research should be done to take in possible confounders such as exercise and waist circumference, he stresses that regular consumption of egg yolk should be avoided by persons at risk of cardiovascular disease.

edit on 13-2-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I was wondering who would pick up the gauntlet. I saw the Daily Mail headline, that said "Butter is now good for you" Yeh right! Maybe one day the penny will drop, and Like Dr Mosely who actually was a little tub of lard and about to have his first heart attack, decided to turn his life around. The simple fact was observed that the human body needed a couple of days a week off food because it was not designed to eat regular meals, especially of the crap we are now ingesting . This resets everything. The cells slow down and the bits of debris floating about in the blood stream is cleaned out . Then for a couple of days you can eat what you like. But for f@#$%@ sake be warned Dairy will kill you slowly, maybe that's what they want.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

the bark facing the sun on some Trees here in Australia is being burnt off by the sun.

I don't suppose you have any supporting evidence to go with that claim ?

Here's one article I'll see if I can get more that my friend was talking about

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

here's another article
www.geoengineeringwatch.org...

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Honestly, the only thing that kills people when it comes to these things is being inactive and lazy. That is what leads to health issues later on in life. If you're active, exercise and walk a lot, you'll live longer regardless of what you eat.

Being inactive and lazy kills.

Its why America is an obese nation overall. I bet the lifespan of people living these days is shorter than ever. Most of these newer generations coming up probably don't have a shelf life of 50 years anymore. Most die of strokes or full blown heart attacks before the age of 45 now.

edit on 20-2-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Interesting thx

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

originally posted by: Son of Will

Regarding the health aspects, the human body only needs trace amounts, and it produces all it needs on its own.

Then why can the body handle large amounts of saturated fat like it's no big deal?
Why has literally 97% of our species life been dependent on a high fat diet, which in turn would bring large amounts of cholesterol?

That's absolutely not true.

97% of our species life been dependent on a high fat diet

We've never once in our history been dependent on a high-fat diet, so that's false from the get-go, although this is technically semantics. To be generous, let's say half calories from fat equals a high-fat diet. If so, that's already far higher than anything our species has ever experienced historically.

As for the "97% of our species life", The primate family, to which we belong, has had a mostly-carbohydrate diet for 20 million years, longer.

We evolved into hominids in tropical/subtropical rain forests, again eating a mostly carbohydrate diet, just with more proteins and fats added in. So in reality, for over 90% of "our" history, we've been almost entirely vegetarian. Only those living in extreme conditions had to rely on larger amounts of cholesterol-containing foods, like the Inuit. And their health is absolutely horrible for it, despite unique adaptations to the high-fat diet. Every evolved civilization in human history has revolved around staple starches like rice,corn,potatoes,wheat.

This Video shows lots of evidence showing how and why the Inuit are in bad health from their diets.

But these points are not actually relevant to the science of nutrition. We have more than enough scientific data accumulated over the last 100 years which tells us a tremendous amount about what happens to our bodies when we eat certain foods or follow certain diets.

For starters, check out this video titled "Uprooting the Leading Causes of Death", using recently published research.

Lots of science, all mainstream, no anecdotes necessary. We know how nutrition works, and that's why it's no surprise to any researchers thatpeople following a low-fat, high-carb, plant-based diet are the healthiest people on the planet.

If you're on a low-carb diet, then this must sound nuts. But you have been lied to. And your health is greatly suffering for it.

Low-carb diets impede blood circulation
Low-carb diets negate benefits of exercise
edit on 2 25 2015 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

edit on 2 25 2015 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Son of Will

The primate family, to which we belong, has had a mostly carbohydrate diet for over 10 million years. We evolved into hominids in tropical forests, again eating a mostly carbohydrate diet.

Not true! Not completly at least.

The primate evolved in tropical forests as you said, their diet was mostly equivalent to a vegetarian; fruit, succulent leaf... Essentially carb as you said but not "grain" based.

Then forest has been gradually loosing ground to grassland plains, monkey that evolved to survive in those plains evolved to become human. This period is a phase of adaptation to a hunter diet that lasted for millions of years. At the end, some have become hordsmen. This is a period of meat eating and massive brain development.

After that, human have developed agriculture, since only at max in the last 10kyears.

Monkey that stayed in the forrest did not evolve due to unchanging habitat and stayed the same.

If you're on a low-carb diet, then this must sound nuts. But you have been lied to. And your health is greatly suffering for it.

It is you that have been lied to!!!

edit on 2015-2-25 by PeterMcFly because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join