It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cholesteral is now A-OK

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I find this information absolutely disgusting!

www.washingtonpost.com...

The nation’s top nutrition advisory panel has decided to drop its caution about eating cholesterol-laden food, a move that could undo almost 40 years of government warnings about its consumption.
\

For 40 years, these people encouraged and demanded that the public worship at the feet of public health. Eat margarine, not butter! No more than 1 or 2 eggs a week. They demanded that food manufacturers switch from saturated fats to man-made trans-fats and hydrogenated fats.

Farmers were adversely impacted. You gotta know who paid for all the changes in our food supply (hint its us!) and most disgusting of all - think of all the poor souls who followed their advice! How many heart attacks did this advice cause?

And what do they say

Yet many have viewed the evidence against cholesterol as weak, at best. As late as 2013, a task force arranged by the American College of Cardiology and the American Heart Association looked at the dietary cholesterol studies. The group found that there was “insufficient evidence” to make a recommendation. Many of the studies that had been done, the task force said, were too broad to single out cholesterol. “Looking back at the literature, we just couldn’t see the kind of science that would support dietary restrictions,” said Robert Eckel, the co-chair of the task force and a medical professor at the University of Colorado.

They must have known all along that the evidence was weak but they demanded obedience and control from the population, at any and all prices.

And do we at least get an honest apology, an explanation for how weak evidence translated into the demands that they made on us?

Heck NO!

“So we’re not making a [cholesterol] recommendation?” panel member Miriam Nelson, a Tufts University professor, said at the meeting as if trying to absorb the thought. “Okay ... Bummer.”

and yet they continue to pump out epidimiology studies by the fistful - all paid by tax dollars!

“Almost every single nutrient imaginable has peer reviewed publications associating it with almost any outcome,” John P.A. Ioannidis, a professor of medicine and statistics at Stanford and one of the harshest critics of nutritional science, has written. “In this literature of epidemic proportions, how many results are correct?”

Why do we listen to these "wizards behind the curtain"?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Thats odd, I was sure there was a consensus agreeing that cholesterol was bad for you.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

They didn't actually "demand obedience".
Sure a doctor wrote you a prescription for Crestor.
You didn't have to take it.

That could all change though. We are entering a new paradigm. Transhumanism.

The idea that "standard humans" just aren't good enough. First it's vaccines. Next the vaccine Nazis will force you to take the meds at gunpoint. Of course then comes the "final solution". The vaccine to make you want to take all vaccines.

Damn. I should be marketing for Pharma instead of shilling for unworthy humans.

edit on 10-2-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
As crazy stupid as this is, I'm not surprised. I'm beginning to think no-one knows what the hell they are talking about at all. Perhaps there are just fake jobs like studying the effects of cholesterol intake there as an illusion, so stupid people who look smart can have jobs that mean nothing whatsoever.

Next week: "Experts" claim, a cup of gasoline a day can help lower the risk of heart disease and promote soft skin!
edit on 10-2-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
More people are using cholesterol meds than ever before and higher rate heart attacks at the same time. Cholesterol was found to be the culprit many years ago , some doctors say the heart attack comes from scars inside the arteries that heal, fester and block the flow. I don't buy into the cholesterol bs. I would never take the meds, my cousins took them for years and both have recently had heart attacks.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

yeah - i seem to remember that as well - thousands and thousands of scientists, across the globe. They did "studies" and everything! LOL

They even publically humiliated and tried to destroy the careers of anyone who disagreed with them

news.sciencemag.org...

But even before the paper was published, other scientists began pointing out errors, says first author Rajiv Chowdhury, an epidemiologist at the University of Cambridge in the United Kingdom. For instance, the authors took one study on omega-3 fats, one type of unsaturated fats, to show a slightly negative effect while, in fact, it had shown a strong positive effect. The correction means that the meta-analysis now says people who report eating lots of this particular fat have significantly less heart disease; previously, it said there was no significant effect. Critics also pointed out two important studies on omega-6 fatty acids that the authors had missed. The errors "demonstrate shoddy research and make one wonder whether there are more that haven't been detected," writes Jim Mann, a researcher at the University of Otago, Dunedin, in New Zealand, writes in an e-mail. "If I had been the referee I would have recommended rejection." Mann and others say the paper has other problems, too. For instance, it does not address what people who reduced their intake of saturated fats consumed instead. A 2009 review concluded that replacing saturated fats with carbohydrates had no benefit, while replacing them with polyunsaturated fats reduced the risk of heart disease. Several scientists say that should have been mentioned in the new paper.

Our little white-coated wizards are not so polite and professional when they are challenged, now are they?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

I am sorry but when scientists have the power to demand global changes in our food supply - they are demanding that we "obey"

When every doctor you see is giving you the same message, and tut-tutting your foolishness in not obeying the directives of "those who know better" - they are applying pressure to get us to "obey"

When the doctor gives a prescription and informs us that if we don't take it - we will die - that is a demand for obedience.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Gee wiz, I wonder what other popular opinions based upon 'consensus science' (apparently something other than science) are unsupportable by evidence?

"A year from now, ten, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running; I aim to misbehave." - Malcolm Reynolds
edit on 10-2-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

Gee wiz, I wonder what other popular opinions based upon 'consensus science' (apparently something other than science) are unsupportable by evidence?

"A year from now, ten, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running; I aim to misbehave." - Malcolm Reynolds

Did you miss the memo ...Smoking is good for you

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 10-2-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

I think there should be a public enquiry and those responsible need to be held accountable for the fraud they committed, the billions of dollars it cost and the lives impacted by their demands be accounted for.

These people need to be in Jail! Do it once and we will stop the rest of them!

So what happens to those cholesterol guidelines that our doctors were forced to follow by law?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I know I won't get stars for the comment I'm about to write but cholesterol is ESSENTIAL for human life. Those cholesterol reduction pills called statins are very dangerous by themself. They won't address the problem they are supposed to adress but create lots of other problems like accelerated aging and loss of mental function.

Cardiovascular diseases are not as simple as the pharma(s) want you to believe.

OK, now send the flame...

link   

link   
I don't know about smoking, but there is emerging evidence that salt isn't the devil it's been made out to be in most circumstances. Some people should restrict their salt intake, but not necessarily everyone like the food police have been advocating.

And I've never been a big believer in the animal fats are evil thing.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Did you read the part where lung cancer has increased 50 years after male smoking peaked and 40 years after female smoking peaked?

All epidimiology my friend - all based on weak evidence and concensus science.

Have you at all considered that I am not wrong - that it is you who are brainwashed by propaganda.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Proper cholesterol levels correlate with hormonal balance.
I don't skimp on the egg yolks or the animal fat.
Just don't over do it.
My blood cholesterol levels are fine and I am fairly lean.
I'm not sure if I could carry on in life without copious amounts of butter.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

They didn't actually "demand obedience".
Sure a doctor wrote you a prescription for Crestor.
You didn't have to take it.

As one that refused to pay my $84/mo. co-pay for Crestor and later gave up my two BP meds and finally even the dirt cheap low-dose aspirin, I can tell you that the peer pressure from all sides private and in the media is terrific. Not to mention what the damned docs push. I would stop filling my scrips, then have a regular doc visit and get browbeaten into starting them again. I allowed that to happen about six times before I finally said "No." I have no doubt but what the big pharms rule the whole damned shebang from lobbying, "doctored" studies and conflict of interests.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Proper cholesterol levels correlate with hormonal balance.
I don't skimp on the egg yolks or the animal fat.
Just don't over do it.
My blood cholesterol levels are fine and I am fairly lean.
I'm not sure if I could carry on in life without copious amounts of butter.

worth repeating.....
...everything in moderation

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

even smoking?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

When I was going to the gym and playing hockey twice a week my calories came from mostly proteins and fats, lots of eggs, half chickens with tons of spinach and other veggies. My main energy source was fat because it burned more efficient in my body. My cholesterol intake was very high, but when that happens the composition of ldl and hdl is pretty much equal.

It's only when you throw foods high in carbs your body starts going all crazy and then cholesterol can have negative effects.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks

even smoking?

Tired of Control Freaks

Smoking is not exactly a needed part of the diet is it...granted small doses may do little to no harm but that really is not the point...is it ?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join