It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeb Bush just published thousands of citizens' names and email addresses

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

DailyDot.com

Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush hasn’t even yet formally declared his desire to run for president in 2016, but he’s already started what appears to be a major privacy blunder.

His new project, the Jeb Emails, a massive, open database of correspondence to and from his jeb@jeb.org email address, publishes the names, messages, and email addresses of his constituents who emailed him during his eight years in office.

Whoops, someone forgot to remove personal information before publishing the emails.

Update 2:15pm ET, Feb. 10: It gets worse. The Verge has uncovered emails that contain Social Security numbers, home addresses, and other personal information from Floridians.

I appreciate his attempt to have full disclosure regarding his email correspondence with his constituents, but they really should have sanitized the data first...

You can peruse the emails here: jebemails.com

More info in the following articles:
Jeb Bush Basically Just Doxxed Thousands of Floridians (Gizmodo)
Jeb Bush publishes highly-sensitive emails: Report (CNBC)
Jeb Bush Publishes Eight Years of Emails From Time as Governor (newsweek)

edit on 10-2-2015 by Elton because: added stuff.

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

Well, obviously the doofus gene runs through the entire Bush family. It just might get worse with every generation too although it will still take more than exposing peoples private info to beat out dubya for the title of being Lord of the Idiots.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Thats nuts there are phone numbers and so on its crazy that all that info is available...a reply to: Elton

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
And people say that Jeb is the "smart one"?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Well this is bad...

You would think some digital sophistication would be a top priority post 2008 when it made such a huge difference.

On the upshot - maybe this means he intends to be far more transparent than the current administration? LoL!
edit on 2/10/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Apparently Jeb is having some IT troubles and it's not just releasing the names of past supporters...

www.rawstory.com...

not a very auspicious beginning to a campaign eh?
edit on 10-2-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

I never thought Jeb was a staunch privacy advocate anyhow. so whatever

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Looks like some Democrat Committee operatives have infiltrated the ranks !!!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
What, he forgot their bank account numbers? Will that be next?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

hillary's operatives.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

hillary's operatives.

Highly probable.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

hillary's operatives.

I'm just curious if you and xuenchen realize how destructive toward your credibility it is to say stuff like that within the context of this thread or others like it???

I mean sure you can always try and blow it off like you were just making a joke and stuff but let's be honest, you're not exactly joking are you?? Although I doubt you really believe such comments are true either which just means you're trolling. That's just bad form all around guys.

Plus it's just false. I absolutely do not support Hilary at all and I'm sure many others don't support her either.

Republicans are idiots just like Democrats and neither side needs help from the opposing side to prove that beyond any doubt.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Isn't it just easier to just blame the family dog when you fart?

Personal responsibility can be out right embarrassing.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
< facepalm >

The Bush family's moron gene, in full swing again, I see. Even with this massive blunder in mind . . . He was still a better governor than Rick Scott.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I'm a little confused... was this a public email address, as in one he used for his job as Governor? If so, especially in Florida, that makes the entire content of the email public property and the senders of those emails had no expectation of privacy.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I'll be honest...as a conservative Republican, I hope he leaves the race and frees up massive amounts of campaign money for actual non-RHINO Republican candidates.
There's little difference between Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton IMO.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Looks like nerves are sensitive with this issue.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

That seems to be your "go to" phrase lately. Funny that you would try using such an "emotional" type of response to try and bait people in since I thought you always claimed it was the Left who uses "emotions" rather than logic.

Guess I'll mark you down for yet another false premise that you use. You're getting predictable. Better start improving your game.
edit on 10-2-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
This thread should be huge by now. The man may have just thrown away the presidency of the United States. I ran over to Freerepublic to see what the rightwingers had to say about this and they busily had quite a few people download the entire set of emails before it was pulled down (it's apparently off Bush's site now). They've got it all, and the comments are devastating. This is about the stupidest thing anyone in politics has done in a very long time, and will be looked upon as an epic turning point in the 2016 U.S. election.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

It said in the article that the phone numbers had been removed. That would mean that someone did actually go through and scrub some of the info out at some point and yet missed all the rest. So once again, just like Dubya and 911 we are really looking at a situation where the choice of excuses comes down to either "Incompetence" or "Deliberate Intent to cause Harm", neither of which are going to go over real well.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join