It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brian Williams suspended for 6 months without pay

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Is this supposed to mean NBC won't be telling lies anymore?

No it means that NBC won't be owning up to lies anymore.
edit on 26228America/ChicagoTue, 10 Feb 2015 20:26:10 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
What the really scary thing is though, after 6 months time when he goes back on air, they think that people will automatically believe him, are they right I wonder?

Maybe the whole thing is a plot to have people automatically believe everything NBC says from now on is all true !!

ANY news broadcaster which is partly owned by one of the largest defense contractors in the world will NEVER be believed by me

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

So yeah,when are they going to suspend their whole staff including the owner over lying to the public?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe that NBC had no idea that Brian Williams lied about such a major thing as being shot down in a helicopter to begin with. The fact that he's not being fired says a lot....enjoy your 6mn vacation, um I mean "punishment" Brian !

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

They're all completely full of sh!t. He just happened to go a bit too far and got caught to the point of looking foolish. There's a finesse to lying that he lost sight of momentarily. Reminds me of the time I was on the space shuttle and it exploded killing all aboard.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

Brian William's misleading statements are nothing compared to how the news networks outright lie quite often, or fail to do their jobs. I see outright lies from FOX News and misleading statements from MSNBC.

Brian Williams is just a scapegoat to make it look like the news outlets care about their credibility.

This was my exact thoughts on the matter. I believe that propaganda has and will be ramping up much more...This is just a tactic to make Americans believe that MSM cares about the reliability/truth of the information that they disseminate.

ALL MSM IS HOGWASH!!!
Seriously stop watching the news...it'll rot your brain and give you anxiety.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I don't know much about NBC... So I'm unaware of how they work in times of a scandal...

Fox however, seem perfectly fine with letting O'Reilly do whatever the hell he likes...

m.huffpost.com...

Honestly, if that above article was an ATS thread, it would be top of the stars, flags & applause lists without a shadow of a doubt.

O'Reilly hosts an opinionated entertainment show, Williams anchored a nightly news desk. One reports the work of other reporters the other gives their opinion on the work of other reporters. To equate the two is disingenuous at best. Hannity reports nothing, he puts out his openly biased right leaning views of everything politics. Unless you can prove Hannity is a closet commie pinko tree hugging liberal, you can never make a case he lied about expressing his views that he gets paid for.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Like six months is going to hurt him. Just signed a contract for a reported $10 million a year. So he only makes $5 mil this year and lets the heat die down. MSM lying has been going on for years, he was just too blatant about it this time.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

This is rich, NBC is on its way to getting rid of Williams mainly because they want this to go away before the fact they knew he was a damn liar for quite awhile comes out more then it already has, but this country is all a buzz about Hillary Clinton as its next POTUS when she did the same damn thing only instead of rockets, it was sniper fire.

How pathetic is it for a country to hold the standard for a news anchor to a higher level then the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES... sorry for the caps but this is insane that we care so little about the type of person our president is.

edit on 10-2-2015 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I clearly said I know next to nothing about NBC or how they work.

Wasn't equating them either. So I don't know how it's disingenuous to be honest.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

They're all completely full of sh!t. He just happened to go a bit too far and got caught to the point of looking foolish. There's a finesse to lying that he lost sight of momentarily. Reminds me of the time I was on the space shuttle and it exploded killing all aboard.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I see we have the old adage "well if I lie you lie more " the left likes to use when one of there messiah's gets busted.

Just shows how desperate people get when there embarrassed.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
www.politico.com...

NBC Nightly News anchor Brian Williams has been suspended for six months without pay following his false claims about an experience he had during the Iraq war, NBC News president Deborah Turness announced Tuesday night.

"We have decided today to suspend Brian Williams as Managing Editor and Anchor of NBC Nightly News for six months. The suspension will be without pay and is effective immediately," Turness wrote in a memo to staff. "We let Brian know of our decision earlier today. Lester Holt will continue to substitute Anchor the NBC Nightly News."

Hilarious. Another reason to not believe what you see on the MSM. Politicians included.

My first reaction to this news was to think how many times most mainstream media outlets, liberal and conservative, misrepresent world issues to the public. How can it be that suddenly he is under fire for probable minor changes in his personal reporting stories? When CNN and Fox have misrepresented entire wars and issues for a decade?

It makes me feel there is something else going on here.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
He needs to go. There is just no unringing this bell. The stories highlighted each bolstered his credibility/marketability as a journalist.

However, a CNN analyst is remarking about "false memories". The catch though is - each story is easily verifiable - or not - through other eyewitnesses and archival sources.

I feel for him and, especially, his immediate family and colleagues. It should be a lesson for all of us about how fortune and fate are fickle and will betray us all on a dime....especially in this modern era of celebrity culture, social media and digital egos. Got to do the right thing for it's own sake.

It's kind of crazy though that the world is more upset about his Iraq war helicopter lie...than all the lies that dragged us into that war in the first place.

This is what I mean. It's minutea compared to the media and politicians pretty much using propaganda to get us into those wars.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

What the really scary thing is though, after 6 months time when he goes back on air, they think that people will automatically believe him, are they right I wonder?

why not they believe hillary, she did almost the exact same thing when she said she was under sniper fire.
yet people voted for her and are now considering her for POTUS.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I wonder how many other on-air personalities ought to be suspended without pay if we were to dig into them as well? O'Riley? Hannity?

Hannity, by his own admission, does not 'do' news.
He has an opinion based talk show. O'Reilly is in the same category.
ETA: The line between 'News' and 'Editorial' is certainly blurred, news shows used to have a short editorial section that was noted as being such. Much of what is touted as news today is opinion, pushing an agenda.
edit on b000000282015-02-11T04:26:01-06:0004America/ChicagoWed, 11 Feb 2015 04:26:01 -0600400000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I never watched him but quite honestly could care less about the integrity of the guy who reads a Teleprompter. It's just a news anchor, and as for as I'm concerned the only reason this is even a headline is because the other networks are having a field day with it.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

You guys and your FoxNews bashing, as if they're the only ones...it's funny.

That article is not even the same thing as Williams' fabled and embellished stories of HIMSELF AND HIS EXPERIENCES. You're trying to cite (supposed) falsities in O'Reilly's reporting on actual events that aren't eye-witness accounts from him and trying to compare that to Williams' debacle.

Not even in the same ballpark--you could easily drum up very similar things on similar subjects that Williams has reported on, but it's not the same genre of critique. And quite honestly, the critiques in your link are mostly based on polarized opinion and not fact.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

why not they believe hillary, she did almost the exact same thing when she said she was under sniper fire.
yet people voted for her and are now considering her for POTUS.

It's quite obvious my friend, there are too many idiots on this planet that think politicians and TV robots tell them the truth.
edit on -216002015-02-11T12:27:22-06:00u2228201522022015Wed, 11 Feb 2015 12:27:22 -0600 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join