It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brian Williams suspended for 6 months without pay

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
www.politico.com...

NBC Nightly News anchor Brian Williams has been suspended for six months without pay following his false claims about an experience he had during the Iraq war, NBC News president Deborah Turness announced Tuesday night.

"We have decided today to suspend Brian Williams as Managing Editor and Anchor of NBC Nightly News for six months. The suspension will be without pay and is effective immediately," Turness wrote in a memo to staff. "We let Brian know of our decision earlier today. Lester Holt will continue to substitute Anchor the NBC Nightly News."

Hilarious. Another reason to not believe what you see on the MSM. Politicians included.

edit on 10-2-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I wonder how many other on-air personalities ought to be suspended without pay if we were to dig into them as well? O'Riley? Hannity?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Dear god yes, all of the above and much more!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Is this supposed to mean NBC won't be telling lies anymore?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
What the really scary thing is though, after 6 months time when he goes back on air, they think that people will automatically believe him, are they right I wonder?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I thought it was 'voluntary'....Brian?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I don't know much about NBC... So I'm unaware of how they work in times of a scandal...

Fox however, seem perfectly fine with letting O'Reilly do whatever the hell he likes...

m.huffpost.com...

Honestly, if that above article was an ATS thread, it would be top of the stars, flags & applause lists without a shadow of a doubt.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Fox literally lies. They won the right to in court.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

His ratings will fall but he'll be on the air for a long time because all MSM ratings are down so they're used to it. Then he'll later get the boot.

Or he won't come back after 6 months and return to the shadows.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
He needs to go. There is just no unringing this bell. The stories highlighted each bolstered his credibility/marketability as a journalist.

However, a CNN analyst is remarking about "false memories". The catch though is - each story is easily verifiable - or not - through other eyewitnesses and archival sources.

I feel for him and, especially, his immediate family and colleagues. It should be a lesson for all of us about how fortune and fate are fickle and will betray us all on a dime....especially in this modern era of celebrity culture, social media and digital egos. Got to do the right thing for it's own sake.

It's kind of crazy though that the world is more upset about his Iraq war helicopter lie...than all the lies that dragged us into that war in the first place.

edit on 2/10/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
What the really scary thing is though, after 6 months time when he goes back on air, they think that people will automatically believe him, are they right I wonder?

Maybe the whole thing is a plot to have people automatically believe everything NBC says from now on is all true !!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I wonder how many other on-air personalities ought to be suspended without pay if we were to dig into them as well? O'Riley? Hannity?

This has been my issue too.
I mean ya its bad that he lied but the shorter list is who hasn't on the air.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
www.politico.com...

NBC Nightly News anchor Brian Williams has been suspended for six months without pay following his false claims about an experience he had during the Iraq war, NBC News president Deborah Turness announced Tuesday night.

"We have decided today to suspend Brian Williams as Managing Editor and Anchor of NBC Nightly News for six months. The suspension will be without pay and is effective immediately," Turness wrote in a memo to staff. "We let Brian know of our decision earlier today. Lester Holt will continue to substitute Anchor the NBC Nightly News."

Hilarious. Another reason to not believe what you see on the MSM. Politicians included.

My own meme regarding his suspension.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

I think we all know he's going to come back, possibly, and continue to "interject" himself into his stories and half of the US will believe him, and people in ATS will see him for the BSer that he is.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Brian William's misleading statements are nothing compared to how the news networks outright lie quite often, or fail to do their jobs. I see outright lies from FOX News and misleading statements from MSNBC.

Brian Williams is just a scapegoat to make it look like the news outlets care about their credibility.
edit on 10pmTue, 10 Feb 2015 19:53:26 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I like watching Brian on the news. Why are they picking on him, all the news stations exaggerate things. All of them push propaganda and follow the lead of the government. Now this was from a while back, so what cat has been let out of the bag by Brian Williams recently that brought this down on him. I would say it is something he said on the news within the last two weeks.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Too bad we can't do this with politicians...only permanently suspending them!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This is like killing a mosquito with a hammer

So the guy put a little yeast in a personal experience SO WHAT

Nobody believes these guys are saints in the first place

Hell loose 5 million for lying on a resume

edit on 10-2-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: Swills

I see outright lies from FOX News and (removed for excessive lean) outright lies from MSNBC.

Your post was leaning WAY left without perspective.
I FIXED IT FER YA.

Ya really don't believe blathering Chris Matthews is a truth-teller do ya? Really???
And Rachael Maddow???
And Melissa-Harris Perry?
And....AL SHARPTON??????

Actually, I would have to place MSNBC on that same 6-month leave...the whole race-baiting lot of them.
edit on 10-2-2015 by lakesidepark because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
6 months is enough time for Brian to heal his frost bite, from when he was an anchor on the Titanic.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join