It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry for my crappy quality of threads recently.. ~TechUnique

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Had a lot going on in my life and blah blah blah. Very busy and blah. It's no excuse though, I used to pride myself on my presentation and debating skills on this site. There has been an obvious slip, not just in those factors but also in my general decorum.

I apologize for all of this.. especially my crappy behavior in regards to certain members, which, even though it is somewhat deserved sometimes, it is never right.

I hope we can move past any past disputes and rivalries and be civil with each other in the future. Also, I apologise (British spelling of Apologise
) to staff for giving them a headache.

For the record, no one made me or even suggested that I do this. I'm doing it because firstly, it's the right thing to do, and secondly, I'm better than that.

Expect a much better quality of thread writing and general decency from me in the future!

God bless you all!

Peace

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

No worries, friend. Its always nice to be sorry and say it...especially when you don't really HAVE to!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Good for you

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
You could change youe avatar to "the unforgiven"
Or merely hide out in a foreign country.....
make no mistake though....the trolls will always find you......

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
You could change youe avatar to "the unforgiven"
Or merely hide out in a foreign country.....
make no mistake though....the trolls will always find you......

Ah screw it, what can you do

I was hoping to change my avatar, not due to any of the above but purely to have a more personalized one! I don't mind the trolls so much, I know it's easy for me to say that now though, haha.

Unfortunately my upload feature on ATS isn't working

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I hope we can move past any past disputes and rivalries and be civil with each other in the future.

Why? it's the rivalries, disputes, competition and name calling that makes ATS so much fun.
It it was all rainbows & lollipops, why even bother?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I hope we can move past any past disputes and rivalries and be civil with each other in the future.

Why? it's the rivalries, disputes, competition and name calling that makes ATS so much fun.
It it was all rainbows & lollipops, why even bother?

Those things are precisely the things I don't like about ATS! I've been here for five years and it didn't used to be like that! At least not to the extent that it is now.

I think I was getting sucked into it a little bit. I didn't like it! Anyway, moving on!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Yeah even when I first signed up in 2011 (different name, lost password & email) it wasn't as aggressive or intolerant as it is now.

& a lot of the people whose posts I've come to enjoy have stopped replying or don't reply as often.

I don't believe in coincidence either.

I often contemplate going back to just lurking to be honest.

As for your OP.
Well said.

I'm sure, like myself, there have been times when you thought it might have been your last post for going maybe a bit far...

It'd be a shame to lose you Tech even if we don't always agree...

Cos as one of the more regular thread starters they're some of the most interesting things to discuss.

A lot of the prominent thread starters have a specific subject, you and a few others have a lot more variety though...

ATS needs that.

I'm sick of the same people making threads about Obama for one...

It's a real turn off.

Stick with what you do best.

If confrontation comes along, do your best to take ten seconds...

And then let it sink in that they're more than likely repeating themselves as so many here do just to sow discord and derail a topic...

& they're not worth the digital words that are used to respond.

edit on 10-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Thanks for your post man was much appreciated, I always appreciate your posts even when we don't agree. You conduct yourself very well and don't have a sense of arrogance or ego about you. I respect that.

Peace brother! God bless you.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

God bless you too!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
You're good Bro...

I always read your threads. You used to post a lot more.

The only way quality improves is if we all improve.

I liked your old Avatar...

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
You're good Bro...

I always read your threads. You used to post a lot more.

The only way quality improves is if we all improve.

I liked your old Avatar...

Thanks dude! Yeah I agree! I decided it's all good complaining about something, but who am I to talk if I'm turning into exactly what I was complaining about in the first place? It's too easy to blame the environment, everyone has a duty to make their community better and if they don't try then there's no point complaining!

I'm glad you like my threads man! I did used to be a lot more active back in the day. I plan on posting more now, I'm just gonna make sure the quality of my threads remains to at least an acceptable level like they used to be.

Which avatar are you talking about?

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I would say you don't need to apologise but good move, shows you are more human than many mannerless, knee jerk-replying freaks on this site.

Keep up the good work!

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
It's only fair you give your threads the attention they deserve especially when dealing with such emotive issues. I'm too lazy to make decent threads so I'm in no position to criticise. Sometimes it's better to do nothing than have a go at a subject that needs a lot of care and fair minded research

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
It's only fair you give your threads the attention they deserve especially when dealing with such emotive issues. I'm too lazy to make decent threads so I'm in no position to criticise. Sometimes it's better to do nothing than have a go at a subject that needs a lot of care and fair minded research

Duly noted! On a side note..
I miss the times we used to share woodwardjn D:
Peace bro.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

Peace bro.

I think you got the wrong guy, but most people enjoy time with me. I'm a blast

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

Peace bro.

I think you got the wrong guy, but most people enjoy time with me. I'm a blast

Nah it's definitely you! I remember your location and name from years ago. We used to have a laugh believe it or not

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I wanted to add the following to your recent thread but didn't see the point in taking it off topic any more:

Thank you for the apology you made - I did hope that some others would apologise too and be as gracious about it as you were. Some of the posts were disgraceful and not what one would hope for on ATS.

That seems to be the level of debate here now, just go into a thread, flame the OP and rabble rouse some cronies to join in.

I asked, politely, for some more information and explained why I wanted it. For my efforts I received a perfectly civil reply from you. A small fact that seemed to be lost on some of the others - a polite request was likely to meet with a polite response.

I had only one complaint in respect of your reply to me and it certainly wasn't about your manners. I could have done with just a tad more extra information - but you've acknowledged that the thread was a bit er... threadbare and I've understood that you wanted to do the right thing about a tricky subject. And it shouldn't have been hi-jacked the way it was.

Don't let what happened deter you

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

No probs! Thanks for being decent about it also! I do plan on writing a proper thread about that sort thing when more info comes to light, and when I've got the time to sit down and do some real research and thread making. I'll probably make an accompanying video about it on my YouTube channel.

Definitely needs more exposing and I did a horrible half arsed job of it the first time round so for that I apologise!

See you around man.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I didn't happen to notice whatever it is you may have done to make you feel that it was necessary to make this thread, but it takes a man who's strong to say that he's sorry and admit when he's wrong. So for what it's worth, you're alright in my book. As of now. Of course, that's subject to change the minute you say something I don't agree with or express opinions I don't much appreciate... nah, I'm just kiddin' ya, you're ok. Good job, son. I'm proud o' ya.

top topics

join