It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Teen Comes BACK TO LIFE as Mom Prays.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I think it's sad that the miracle of life isn't enough for religious people... they have this bizarre need to attribute nature (which is truly phenomenal) to a deterministic being.

Rather than explore the nuances of the universe for greater discovery and insights into the human condition, they want to end speculation with the "full stop" of God...

Why does something, odd, interesting, unusual or seemingly "miraculous" have to be the work of God?

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
There's nothing that disturbs me more than people who attribute "prayer" to saving lives. Why is it NEVER the other way around? Why do I NEVER hear a Christian say, "well I prayed and my son died anyways, God must not care about my son"? Instead you hear "God" had a better plan. I hate it so much. So many starving and homeless people in the world and these selfish people truly believe "God" heard THEIR prayers specifically. I have deleted so many people on my Facebook (which I can't tolerate FYI but stay to see pictures of my daughter) that ALWAYS claim their prayers were heard and "God" healed their son/daughter/father etc. Stop. Stop the madness.

If you believe "God" heard your prayers and performed a "miracle", do you ALSO feel resentment when "God" DOESN'T hear your prayers? Most likely not.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Your bitterness and resentment towards God not only shows you believe in him but that you hate him.

Whoa! Dude - did you just get your Associates Degree in Apologetics? Like, over Christmas?

What makes you think that people who have disdain for the very idea of YOUR VERSION of God would believe in the idea of YOUR VERSION of "God" to begin with? Who's there to "hate" when there's no one there at all?

As for me, I believe that YOU think 'he' is really there, and I HATE that YOU are "okay" with this 'hero'

...that said-same lame 'hero' (based on the written story of this 'God') who is clearly such an irresponsible, inconsiderate, unstable JERK.

But, whatever. Your delusion, your love affair.

edit on 2/11/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: InfinityandBeyond

Why do we never hear of the athiest doctors saving lives while no one was around praying?

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzlesphere
I think it's sad that the miracle of life isn't enough for religious people... they have this bizarre need to attribute nature (which is truly phenomenal) to a deterministic being.

Rather than explore the nuances of the universe for greater discovery and insights into the human condition, they want to end speculation with the "full stop" of God...

Why does something, odd, interesting, unusual or seemingly "miraculous" have to be the work of God?

Got created us, that is why everything is so amazing. Many people fail to see that God works through things that most people take for granted, but will still admit these things as being beautiful and amazing.

I fail to see how people can believe that this, and everything, down to me and you discussing these things, is all down to chance. We were obviously created, as well as the universe, and everything in it.

This is my opinion although in my heart I know it to be 100% true.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Got created us, that is why everything is so wonderful.

No. Everything is so wonderful DESPITE the fact that "we" are here.

Many people fail to see how God works through things that most people take for granted, but will still admit as being beautiful and amazing.

The universe itself is "God". It works because it works. The World IS beautiful and amazing. But NOT because "we" are here: Nono...... Because...IT JUST IS.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Why do we never hear of the athiest doctors saving lives while no one was around praying?

Are you serious?

LOL!!!!!

DOCTORS save lives all day, every day - who gives a flipping rip if they are 'atheists' or not? And why do we ONLY hear of "Christian" doctors reviving someone who was predictably saved by modern medical practices?

If you want a daily log of 'lives saved' by doctors, perhaps there's a mailing list you could join. Or make friends with some nurses. For crying out loud.

Ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? Jeremiah 17:9 (Feeling something in your heart doesn't make it true.)

In my town, and probably yours too, there is a church that does not believe in going to the doctor. They, like many of you, believe in the power of prayer. They wholeheartedly trust God in all things. Their faith must be strong and their trust solid, if they are going to choose their God over sound medical practices. This church has been in the news many times over the years. Why you ask? Because sometimes their kids die. Yeah you read that right. They let their kids die. And for what?

I guess I will just add this to my overwhelming pile of why the Christian God is an immoral piece of work.

Because he seems more interested in saving the lives of people already in the hands of a doctor. Actually, he seems more interested in taking the credit, rather than actually doing anything himself. Even though he is omnipotent (an impossible paradox).

So why is God letting little Timmy die at the hands of something so treatable as pneumonia, despite the parent's and congregation's fervent prayers, but saves people already in the hands of doctors all the time?

Do you guys really not see how you are not being objective whatsoever?

edit on 2-11-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

nice deflection but the false claim has been made that praying will not help save someone and miricles do not exist yet where are the thousands of stories about howw lack of faith in god saved your child

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

again it is because of the battle of the flesh and spirit. will

not everyone wants to be here

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Because it happens on a daily basis... thousands of times a day across the world.

Doctors saving lives is such a common occurrence that it's not noteworthy outside of the good deed itself, the confirmation that human knowledge has indeed given us tools to save lives where before a life would have been lost, and good doctors (who don't attribute universal mechanics to a deity) generally don't feel the need to boast their achievements for validation... to them it is just their job.

Only the religious, who are looking for justification of their religion, find "miracles" where chance and probability are more than an adequate explanation. Shouting their perceived notions to the world... Look at us!... See... Our God did that!... lol

Again, it's sad how desperate religious people are to find "proof" of their deity... Something we can't explain?... or something extremely improbable?... Must be God!... Don't question it!!!

If we don't question it, our belief will always be true (sarcasm).

1000's of people saved daily, or the rare religious "miracle"... who's hands would you put your life in?

It seems that human progress, modern medicine and understanding of the biology of the human body saves more people daily than an all-seeing benevolent imaginary being, leaving millions to suffer with the occasional "miracle" to let us all know he's still here.

Pure comedy!

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I'm kind of interested in Tech's response.

So I hope he doesn't just believe what you say blindly.

What you are saying isn't backed by scripture.

Nor is it anything more than apologetics.

Also, you basically just said God believes in assisted suicide.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzlesphere

when did it happen and where?

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

nice deflection but the false claim has been made that praying will not help save someone and miricles do not exist yet where are the thousands of stories about howw lack of faith in god saved your child

Go back and read this, dick.

Did you read it? Okay. Let's discuss:

You said that a "false claim has been made that praying will not help".

I'm sorry, I must have missed the posts that say that. Who said that 'praying will not help'?

And you asserted that some people think "miracles do not exist" -

Certainly things that are hard to explain happen. But again, as someone else pointed out - what to us is routine natural process was, 2000-5000 years ago, considered "a miracle."

Like - for example - the sun at the winter solstice hovers JUST ABOVE the southern horizon for ..... wait for it

....three days.....before beginning its 'return' to being overhead. Is that a 'miracle'? Is it due to prayer? Or sacrifice? NO. It is the regular routine....just another year for the sun.

Or, say, a person who was submerged in frigid water gets revived while people were praying....(when, in fact, we know that suspended animation actually assists this process, and it was due to medical intervention and freezing conditions).

Now - dick, I can understand the awe that comes from a seeming unlikely, even improbable, outcome.

Just like my cat (did you read the story?). Well - no one was 'praying' that he would survive. We believed he was dead. We didn't pray - we mourned. And the next morning, he was not dead.

What happened there? I don't know.
Are there 'spontaneous healings'? Yes - many are reported after a NDE.

But even so - that these things happen has very little to do with a guy hanging on a cross 2000+ years ago. Remember - it happens every day, whether or NOT people are actively praying for it to happen.

Next time you see a doctor, tell him "thank you."

yet where are the thousands of stories about howw lack of faith in god saved your child

Again, this is just silly.

You mean where are the thousands of stories about how doctors saved the child, whether or NOT the parents had "faith" in "god"?

The 'thousands of stories' are everywhere, every day - about how a child was saved by medicine. Whether or not the parents had "faith" or a lack thereof has not been studied.

You could suggest a research study on it, though.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

o well there is your problem right there

you do not really know what is in the bible

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Actually, I have a fairly good idea of what's there.

As you may know from previous posts of mine at ATS,

I was born into a Christian home, and was one myself.

So while I may not remember every jot and tittle,

I know what's in there! (There are 10+ Bibles on the shelf behind me)

Since you're implying what you're suggesting is in there,

Perhaps you can refresh my memory and point to some scripture.

Side note: You never responded to my comment in another thread about Satan not being the serpent in the Garden of Eden. Perhaps you don't really know what's in the book?
edit on 2-11-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

you are just silly.

cat's have nine lives

we are not really discussing if animals can come back to life or this all wuld look much different. happens all the time and even after weeks of being froze.

i did not grasp much else you were pointing too.

i am asking for examples on non miricles where no presence of god is around there is no faith in the higher power and people come back to life. you will not have any examples cause god is everywher and the chances of someone not praying over the dead are slim

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

This is such a self defeating viewpoint, my stomach still hurts from laughing.

If an atheists child is dying, & then survives, they have no reason to thank any mystical source or lack there of, as the child is ok now.

Maybe if the child dies, the atheist would reconsider his stance on god. Or just be pushed deeper into their belief.

I can't stop picturing parents in a hospital room holding hands discussing how lucky their child is that doctors are real & God isnt. LoL!

Love Ya DeadEye

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Jesus spoke many times obout the battle of the flesh and the spirit.

you may have a way to interput the garden story to not include satan but you are in the minority with that view.

i am not quite sure what you want me to say about that. it is just an interputation you have and it is false

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

you are just silly.

cat's have nine lives

LMAO!!!!

LOL!!!

Lol.

sigh. I rest my case. "Superstition, you are the master!"

Good gawd I hope you were kidding.

new topics

top topics