It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Teen Comes BACK TO LIFE as Mom Prays.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Grimpachi

Haters going to hate.

Shake it off Grim............

Haha that video is quality

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

LMAO, he's so into it. This video just made my night.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: TechUnique

Do you think the medical professionals would of allowed the mom to tell them to do nothing and put it in gods hands?

Do you honestly believe that the CPR had nothing to do with this?!

We have very little context into what those docs really think.
We have them in front of a camera, where people say things to make them look better.

Of course the CPR had something to do with this! People always assume that when a mother picks a car up off a child it must have just been love and strength and that was the miracle.

God uses people and everything in nature and science, as he created it all! The CPR of course saved him, but in my opinion and I'm sure the doctors, and some other medical professionals watching the video, God allowed the boy to be saved, with CPR, even though the situation was hopeless!

I hope I have made that a bit clearer, even if you still disagree!

I laughed out loud when I read the 25 minutes of CPR. If anything that made it clear to me that even if it takes the ambulance 20 minutes to get there, the person still has a good chance.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

All those hungry kids have a will to eat but that can be outweighed by others will for greed and power.

So God would rather side with those who are for greed and power than to side with a innocent child?

When the world focuses on the same goal we can change things but that is where social conditioning steps in and creates division amongst our collective will.

You actually think that the majority of this world would rather a small group of people to get whatever they want and control everything and ignore the starving on this planet?

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBlackTiger

And third, and this is purely as a point of discussion, is it actually okay for God to let the children of atheists die?

Interesting question! Answer:
apparently it's okay for their "God" to let ANYONE'S children die.
He does it multiple thousands of times every day. Often assisted by men's weapons. Sometimes a child is spared by men and women who have devoted their lives to preventing it. Or, conversely, a child who is given food and medical attention and clean water. Interventions NOT performed by some "God".

Their God is 'capricious' indeed.

Nevertheless, I see no problem with praying - just with the subsequent deciding that medicine and food and clean water become unnecessary. Still - I had a cat whose head was run over by a big pick-up truck. He was, according to my husband, who was responsible for the incident, DEAD. Dead.

Husband put him in a plastic bag in a large bin to wait for morning burial (he had to get to work). He told me about it when I got home at about 11pm (from work), and I was devastated, but too exhausted to deal with the burial at that moment.

The next morning, husband went out to take care of it and came rushing back into the house, shaking me awake - "He's alive! He's not gone!" We rushed him to the vet, and he stayed in ICU for a while. He FULLY recovered.

Go figure.
The body is an amazing thing.
BUT - my husband had, in an act of compassion and sorrow while holding this 'dead' cat, shifted the poor things bent trachea slightly to line it back up correctly before putting his body in the bag and bin.

I agree with ketsuko's assessment of the hypothermia response. It is KNOWN that bodies can be kept frigid and then resuscitated. Plus the CPR.

Did the lady's prayers help? I don't know - but I can't blame her for asking. I'd have done the same thing.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

When the world focuses on the same goal we can change things but that is where social conditioning steps in and creates division amoungst our collective will.

Finally! A reasonable answer, and a true statement!!
See - it has NOTHING to do with religion - it has to do with our collective will.

Now, if we can just get you to see that religious divisiveness is THE REASON we don't all focus on the same goal.
People are too busy hating others to use their "will" to go along with what would be an improvement for EVERYONE.
Instead, they just wait for 'God' to show up and do it for them.

sigh

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I wonder if they just didn't do anything but pray if he still would have made it through.

Seems wrong to attribute him pulling through to the prayer and not the actions of the medical professionals who were working to save him.

blog.procpr.org...

Just a link to show about giving cpr for 30 min + can help with the brain function remaining as well.
So seems the 25 min cpr is the real hero here.

thank you. lets give credit where it is actually due.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Finally! A reasonable answer, and a true statement!!
See - it has NOTHING to do with religion - it has to do with our collective will

is it really a collective WILL if one person ultimately dictates it?
edit on 11-2-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

just look at busters post before yours.

it is part of that programming.

neither of you are big fans of the creator yet you are divided over the will aspect and what it would take to subvert people with like views that would seem to want the same goal.

I wonder what the boys chances would have been if dependant on the will of an unbeliever.

The truth is that God is there when you call on him but it takes more than one persons will when multiple people are involved.

it is based on that 50/50 split

***** sorry for derailing about multiple accounts*******

however if any care to find truth in my statments just use the search function keywords "multiple accounts" and you will find your answers. several threads on the topic

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Reading the posts, I simply do not understand all the negativity concerning such an issue. Whether a miracle from God or a miracle from the Doctors, the only thing that matters is that a young man is alive and well. And his parents are thankful to God and the Doctors, that their son is alive. Its not always that you can have a happy ending out of a tragedy.

Peace

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

I wonder if they just didn't do anything but pray if he still would have made it through.

Seems wrong to attribute him pulling through to the prayer and not the actions of the medical professionals who were working to save him.

blog.procpr.org...

Just a link to show about giving cpr for 30 min + can help with the brain function remaining as well.

So seems the 25 min cpr is the real hero here.

thank you. lets give credit where it is actually due.

Let us do just that.

According to your agreement with that statment you are thereby saying that with drowning victims the reason for death is lack of cpr.

That would be false.

You have to also account for the millions of other cases where cpr did not save people.

There is an unknown factor involved and it is labeled a miricle until the methoed is found.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seed76
Reading the posts, I simply do not understand all the negativity concerning such an issue. Whether a miracle from God or a miracle from the Doctors, the only thing that matters is that a young man is alive and well. And his parents are thankful to God and the Doctors, that their son is alive. Its not always that you can have a happy ending out of a tragedy.

Peace

give credit where it is due. if we really wanted to be technical, we could blame god for letting the kid die in the first place. if it hadnt been for those doctors, well, "god works in mysterious ways".

According to your agreement with that statment you are thereby saying that with drowning victims the reason for death is lack of cpr.

That would be false.

that is quite literally not what i posted at all. extrapolating much?

You have to also account for the millions of other cases where cpr did not save people.

and completely discount the significantly larger fraction where CPR did exactly what it was supposed to?
edit on 11-2-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I gave everyone credit for there actions in other post.

You can not attribute one single case of a person not having damage or remaining dead past the standard 5 minute mark being a cause produced solely by cpr and cold alone when the vast majority of the time the victim stays dead.

If cpr was the sole cause for lack of brain damage and death then hardly no one would b a drowning victim.

This case goes firmly against most all other cases and there is another factor not being attributed here.

Even accounting for all the hard work done here it still falls short the majority of the time for other victims.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

So because a couple of EMTs and obviously very religious doctors attribute this to a miracle, then it must be so?

This may not happen ALL the time, but honestly, it's not as rare as you seem to think. EMTs practicing ice rescue just days before isn't a miracle, it's coincidental and season-appropriate. This kid surviving and making such an awesome recovery, while awe-inspiring, isn't exactly unheard of, either.

Just because a known answer may not yet exist doesn't mean that it can only be devine intervention.

Honestly, I think that the doctor that you quoted is the worst quote from the story, because it shows a lack of understanding defaulting to supernatural answers. That's not any better than saying a small fairy flew unnoticed into his body and restarted his heart without detection. There's no evidence of the mechanism that allowed this recovery, just subjective beliefs and a lack of understanding.

And for all intents and purposes, there has been at least one double-blind study done that shows people who are knowingly prayed for actually do worse in recovery than those not prayed for. And I recall a study shwoing that a religious bias during hospital visits actually reduces the average patient's responsibility in proper post-event care and recovery.

In any event, this story is cool, but by no means conclusive proof of all-powerful beings.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I am interested in other cases where cpr is givin after the 5 min mark and no prayer is involved.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

In any event, this story is cool, but by no means conclusive proof of all-powerful beings.

You will never get conclusive.

You will always be givin reason to believe or not believe.

The best we can hope for is a higher power bringing all those forces together for us if our spirit and flesh are in agreement until all things are known.

We can always jump in the water and test our theories.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

You can not attribute one single case of a person not having damage or remaining dead past the standard 5 minute mark being a cause produced solely by cpr and cold alone when the vast majority of the time the victim stays dead.

science will tell you its not impossible. and that, therefore, makes it not a conclusively divine event.

This case goes firmly against most all other cases and there is another factor not being attributed here.

where are these "most all other cases" you are talking about? do you have a database comparing the circumstances of every drowning and near-drowning ever?

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Meanwhile in the rest of the world over 20,000kids die a day. Many of which will go to hell because they don't believe in the right God, to suffer eternity of torment in burning fire. What a miracle worker your God is

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

45-year-old male was winter swimming in icy water. When trying to swim from one hole in the ice to another he got disoriented and was caught under the ice. He was brought up by rescuedivers after approximately 20 minutes. He was pulseless with an initial rhythm of asystole. Endotracheal intubation was performed on the site, and he was transported to hospital with ongoing manual chest compressions and ventilation. Epinephrine 4 mg and atropine 3 mg was administered en route to the hospital. End-tidal carbon dioxide (EtCO2) was between 1.6 and 6 kPa. Upon arrival at the emergency department (ED), approximately 70 minutes after the accident, he was still in cardiac arrest with asystole, and mechanical chest compressions were started (LUCAS, Jolife AB, Lund, Sweden). EtCO2 was 3,0 kPa. Initial bladder temperature was 32,2°C. He had a profound combined metabolic and respiratory acidosis with a pH of 6.47, S-potassium was 3,9 mMol/L. Mechanical chest-compressions were continued until extracorporeal circulation (ECC) was established approximately 110 min after the accident. Approximately 190 min after the accident a central temperature of 34°C was reached; spontaneous cardiac activity was established initially as nodal rythme and then sinus rythme. Further rewarming was withheld. A bronchoscopy preformed during ECC showed signs of pulmonary edema. ECC was discontinued and he was transferred to the intensive care unit where he received further fluid resuscitation and inotropic support. Mild hypothermia was continued for 24 hours after which he was rewarmed to normothermia. He remained stable and was gradually weaned from mechanical ventilation. www.hindawi.com...

There are many cases of people surviving after drowning in cold waters much longer than that boy in fact it is well known that hypothermia slows the heart to the extent that in some cases it is medically induced for surgery patients.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: SlapMonkey

You will never get conclusive.

You will always be givin reason to believe or not believe.

The best we can hope for is a higher power bringing all those forces together for us if our spirit and flesh are in agreement until all things are known.

We can always jump in the water and test our theories.

Someone else believing something is sooo not reason enough for me to believe it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join