It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Teen Comes BACK TO LIFE as Mom Prays.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: TechUnique

I'm pretty sure Shintoists and Hindus have drowned and been brought back also with CPR so was it the Japanese spirits that saved those Shintoists or Hanuman who saved the Hindus?.
Or just your man made version of God?.

Demonic spirits can save people's flesh and stop them from dying. Did you know the Satan can offer you anything from wealth, health, fame and fortune?

He's all cool with you until you turn your back on his work or can no longer be of any use to him. Then he kills you! (Lets you die)

You have to understand that there is one God, my God and your God. Anything else does have power, but only until God comes back and destroys all evil. The world is a test and many people fall prey to seducing spirits and doctrines of demons!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

I don't care what the doctors personal bias is.

And by the way he never said the boy was "dead dead".

He said the situation was extremely grim.

Show me some evidence of miracles/prayer that actually defy explanation and I'll be more willing to consider your point of view.

I'll certainly keep my eyes peeled for some, for you! I know you've got an open mind and are willing to honestly examine whatever is presented to you, albeit it in an extremely skeptical manner.

God bless you.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

edit on 10-2-2015 by boymonkey74 because: Oh I really should stop responding to the OP...

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

This is wonderful news for the boy and his family. A miracle to them, I'm sure. But really, it's not that uncommon.

Effects of cold:
Submersion in cold water has both good and bad effects. Cooling of the muscles makes swimming difficult, and dangerously low body temperature (hypothermia) can impair judgment. Cold, however, protects tissues from the ill effects of oxygen deprivation. In addition, cold water may stimulate the mammalian diving reflex, which may prolong survival in cold water. The diving reflex slows the heartbeat and redirects the flow of blood from the hands, feet, and intestines to the heart and brain, thus helping to preserve these vital organs. The diving reflex is more pronounced in children than in adults, so children have a greater chance of surviving prolonged submersion in cold water than do adults

Some children have survived without permanent brain damage after submersion for as long as 60 minutes in cold water. Many people who need CPR can also recover fully, and almost all people who are alert and conscious upon their arrival at the hospital recover fully.

www.merckmanuals.com...
edit on 10-2-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

If it is the cold water that keeps them in those cases alive, in this case, the kid was OUT of the water for much longer than he was in the water. They were trying to resus him for ages. I understand where you are coming from but as one of the doctors in the video says, this isn't a case of that.

But of course you are free to disagree with the medical professionals intimately involved in this very case if you want to.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

The doctor in the video clearly stated that the cold had a lot to do with helping him survive!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

The doctor in the video clearly stated that the cold had a lot to do with helping him survive!

He also stated that it wasn't the primary reason. The main reason was the mother praying. Did you not catch that part? There is also the matter of his speedy and unnatural recovery!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Bound to say that he is a christian and on TV...he has to keep up appearances.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
I'll certainly keep my eyes peeled for some for you! I know you've got an open mind and are willing to honestly examine whatever is presented to you, albeit it an extremely skeptical manner.

I find skepticism good. Far better than believing things just because they agree with me.

You say you will keep your eyes peeled (thank you). This makes me wonder.. If prayers were actually answered by a God as you believe in, why are they not more commonplace? I ofc mean things that would defy all other logical explanations. Not merely things that are miraculous and attributed to God. Why must you keep your eyes peeled?

What is your opinion on verses like these:

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. Mark 11:24

If you ask anything in my name, I will do it. John 14:14

And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. James 5:15

Jesus is making it sound as if all your prayers will be answered so long as you have enough faith. But that can't be the case because as we all can probably agree that not all prayers are answered.

What's your opinion on this?
Why won't God heal amputees?

Not expecting you to read it, it's very lengthy. But it's a good question to ask don't you think? If God is willing to raise the dead why is he unwilling to perform miracles or answer prayers that would obviously defy explanation?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Yeah, right.....The part about the "Holy Spirit" entering his body, and how this boy was in the same class as the doctor's daughter at the private Christian school that they both attend, sends up red flags of confirmation bias, in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Bound to say that he is a christian and on TV...he has to keep up appearances.

You're assuming a lot of him. I could say, 'You're bound to say that as a staunch Anti-Christian'

And you are bound to say, 'I'm not a staunch Anti-Christian!'

I see where you are coming from but I disagree. He said it because he believed it! Pure and simple.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This sounds like Christian propaganda...

Sure, to a person of faith, the prayer may seem like an influential factor in resuscitating the kid, but there are numerous scientific explanations as to why he survived. It's likely that the state in which he died and the help of the medical professionals to resuscitate him after the fact, is what brought about this 'miracle'. I'm not completely discounting the works of a God or Gods, but we have to look at the conditions and scenario. His resuscitation was a mixture of luck and professional help. Prayer may have factored in somewhere, but that can never be proven.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Believing something doesn't make it true, if that's the case then every god ever conceived is real, because there are those who believe in them.

Seriously, this thread is a case of confirmation bias. Would you still believe Jesus did it if you weren't already a Christian?

What if the same thing happened to a Muslim whose mother was praying to Allah and the responders were also Muslim as well and attributed it to a miracle of Allah? Would you be so quick to claim it was the mother's prayers to Allah that saved him? If not, you have set a very common double standard within the Christian community, and religious communities in general.
edit on 2/10/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

originally posted by: TechUnique
I'll certainly keep my eyes peeled for some for you! I know you've got an open mind and are willing to honestly examine whatever is presented to you, albeit it an extremely skeptical manner.

I find skepticism good. Far better than believing things just because they agree with me.

You say you will keep your eyes peeled (thank you). This makes me wonder.. If prayers were actually answered by a God as you believe in, why are they not more commonplace? I ofc mean things that would defy all other logical explanations. Not merely things that are miraculous and attributed to God. Why must you keep your eyes peeled?

What is your opinion on verses like these:

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. Mark 11:24

If you ask anything in my name, I will do it. John 14:14

And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. James 5:15

Jesus is making it sound as if all your prayers will be answered so long as you have enough faith. But that can't be the case because as we all can probably agree that not all prayers are answered.

What's your opinion on this?
Why won't God heal amputees?

Not expecting you to read it, it's very lengthy. But it's a good question to ask don't you think? If God is willing to raise the dead why is he unwilling to perform miracles or answer prayers that would obviously defy explanation?

I'm not a Bible scholar or a minister of the Gospel but I hope I can shed some light on your very pertinent and fair questions, albeit, by quoting the Gospel.

In regards to God not answering any and all prayers to prove himself miraculous please refer to the following scripture..

Matthew 4:7 - "Jesus answered him, "It is also written: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'"
This is in reference to Satan tempting Jesus in the Desert. For more context;
"6and said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down; for it is written, 'HE WILL COMMAND HIS ANGELS CONCERNING YOU'; and 'ON their HANDS THEY WILL BEAR YOU UP, SO THAT YOU WILL NOT STRIKE YOUR FOOT AGAINST A STONE.'" 7Jesus said to him, "On the other hand, it is written, 'YOU SHALL NOT PUT THE LORD YOUR GOD TO THE TEST.'" 8Again, the devil took Him to a very high mountain and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory;…" More here.

As for why he doesn't answer any and all personal prayers.. the scripture you are referring to is often taken out of context. God(through John) isn't talking about praying for your hearts desires or wants of the flesh. When we pray to God we not only have to have full faith in God, but what we are praying for has to line up with the will of God!

If you are praying for anything that doesn't entirely line up with the will of God, then he won't answer your prayers! A lot of people get confused with the often preached prosperity Gospel and think that God wants to shower us all with wealth and riches.

The thing is, we are looking for wealth and riches in all the wrong places!
Matthew 6:19 - '19"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal;…'

Also, in regards to someone praying for someone not to die and it not happening, sometimes it's just people's time to go and God isn't going to save that person no matter how much you have faith and love that person. It sucks, but who are we to judge our creator!

Sorry for the wall of text and the scripture, but you asked a Biblical question backed up with scripture, so you got a Biblical answer, backed by scripture!

Peace.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Believing something doesn't make it true, if that's the case then every god ever conceived is real, because there are those who believe in them.

Seriously, this thread is a case of confirmation bias. Would you still believe Jesus did it if you weren't already a Christian?

What if the same thing happened to a Muslim whose mother was praying to Allah and the responders were also Muslim as well and attributed it to a miracle of Allah? Would you be so quick to claim it was the mother's prayers to Allah that saved him? If not, you have set a very common double standard within the Christian community, and religious communities in general.

Please refer to this post.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

So it's just as likely that a demon saved his life than God did? Good to know.

How do you know a demon didn't answer his mom's prayers? You say demons saved those Muslims lives so what's different about this situation? Confirmation bias mostly.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It's only a demon If they are not praying to the OP's god...

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

How do you know a demon didn't answer his mom's prayers? You say demons saved those Muslims lives so what's different about this situation? Confirmation bias mostly.

/thread

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

No I agree with you to a certain extent. Also you have to consider that God doesn't just save or use people of Christian faith. He will often save people who later turn to Christ and can give a very powerful testimony for him!

I know it seems easy as an unbeliever like yourself, to stand on the outside and rationalize all of this, but it's more complex than you think and a lot less black and white! (I'm talking of the spiritual realm)

There is indeed a lot of deception and both God and Satan can use people, but Satan is the great deceiver! It is worth noting also that Allah is self proclaimed as the greatest deceiver!

Just food for thought.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Do you think the medical professionals would of allowed the mom to tell them to do nothing and put it in gods hands?

Do you honestly believe that the CPR had nothing to do with this?!

We have very little context into what those docs really think.

We have them in front of a camera, where people say things to make them look better.

God in most cases uses forces to help us. Many of those forces are unknown to us. Others have likely been drown in the same circumstances and stayed dead. What would compell a medical worker to continue cpr for 25 min as the body thawed? Sure the family had influence but all things working together and they all hung in there well beyond the standard time for cpr or brain damage. God often uses you and i. Faith is a ladder or a bridge.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join