It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Teen Comes BACK TO LIFE as Mom Prays.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

I gotta be honest here. I do not believe your intentions are just purely intrest.

I saved the whole world on several occasions. I woke up determined to destroy humanity and then changed my mind.

I never even got a thank you.

Bro, I just had a straight 10 second full belly laugh after reading that. Fricken cracking me up deadeye!

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I am not in the mood to travel the you are crazy road or the delusions of grandeur avenue today.

I had no intentions of calling you crazy or delusional.

It is all subjective to me and those spirits involved.

I guess that's all I needed to know. They did not defy alternative explanations.

If one is willing to scoff at the op thn nothing i could come retell would change that mind.

How have I scoffed the OP exactly?

Honestly if you are interested in seeking a relationship with God where miricles are common then one first has to accept his realness.

Been there done that. Former Christian here.

For the record I do believe miraculous things can happen, though I disagree that the cause can be attributed to a God. I kind of agree with Klassified when he said,

originally posted by: Klassified
I do believe humans are more than the sum of our parts. If we ever get a handle on what we're truly capable of, our species, and our sciences, will take a huge leap forward. It just won't be due to any gods or demons. It will be what it has always been. Just us.

So far as I've seen nobody has offered up any anecdotes of something that in their opinion is unexplainable answered prayers. Just every day routine stuff.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Reaching out to god in a situation like that could just end up in you confusing a statistical outlier for the works of god.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Reaching out to god in a situation like that could just end up in you confusing a statistical outlier for the works of god.

thats the point.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

It works both ways.

I have asked several times for evidence of miricles that did not involve any prayer to a higher power.

There will be no cases of that because Gos is everywhere.

Many have tried to do research on the subject but they never account for the fact God works through all of us and finding a group of people that do not believe in God or a higher power or have loved ones that do that would pray or hope on their behalf is impossible when you account for the spiritual aspects of life.

In the water rescue story tech posted about the guy on the roof it did leeave out the possibility that many of the crew for those rescue vehicles were athiest and knew not that it was Gods will for them to be there.

At no point will our creations or devices be more powerful than God even if our faith in them overshadows the truth in our minds.

I like my quote that Science is full enough to keep you busy but empty enough to keep you from the truth.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

I have been down the road of proof and for many nothing will ever be what they claim to be looking for. Doubt ressonates throughout their being for reasons even they would not accept if put to other situations besides God. It takes an open heart and you have the key to it i do not.

A miricale does not have to be something unexplained but doing something others would not like continued cpr, not giving up or just helping out a neighbor with an everyday task.

You do not have to believe in God to do good but when you do good you are choosing God.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

It works both ways.

I have asked several times for evidence of miricles that did not involve any prayer to a higher power.

There will be no cases of that because Gos is everywhere.

Or god is nowhere. We really can't tell one way or the other.

Many have tried to do research on the subject but they never account for the fact God works through all of us and finding a group of people that do not believe in God or a higher power or have loved ones that do that would pray or hope on their behalf is impossible when you account for the spiritual aspects of life.

Well it is tough to do research on something that is vague, defined uniquely depending on the person, and has no evidence for existence.

In the water rescue story tech posted about the guy on the roof it did leeave out the possibility that many of the crew for those rescue vehicles were athiest and knew not that it was Gods will for them to be there.

Well they probably just didn't care.

At no point will our creations or devices be more powerful than God even if our faith in them overshadows the truth in our minds.

I like my quote that Science is full enough to keep you busy but empty enough to keep you from the truth.

At least it gets you closer to the truth than religion does.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

We know that is not true at all.

In context i was refering to the prayers and such that are said to God.

That is the sense that i was refering too and by that is what i mean when i say he is everwhere.

So in order to prove those prayers do not benefit you would have to remove him or the thought of him from the research and that has never been done in any studies.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

That is the sense that i was refering too and by that is what i mean when i say he is everwhere.

So in order to prove those prayers do not benefit you would have to remove him or the thought of him from the research and that has never been done in any studies.

i have a better idea. lets administer medicine to half a hospital and then just pray for the other half.

see which half lives longer or heals faster.
edit on 13-2-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

We do? Could have fooled me.

And I'm saying that prayer or not, you can't attribute a statistical outlier to a miracle. Fact is that odds, even ridiculously low ones occur every now and then. Sometimes you draw the lucky stick despite all odds. That ISN'T a miracle though. It's just probability.

Existing in people's imagination isn't "everywhere".

You can't prove a negative. So I can't prove that god isn't listening to and responding to prayers. But the claim is that prayer works. Well in order to prove that prayer works, you FIST have to prove god exists. Otherwise you are just trying to build proof on empty assumptions.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

i have a better idea. lets administer medicine to half a hospital and then just pray for the other half.

WTF
no one has said that nothing besides Gods intervention ever works.

No one has brought up medicine but you.

It has clearly ben stated that he uses all things both good and bad.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

The post you replied too can only be understood in full context.

msm style editing will take away from that message.

try again

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I didn't edit anything. I just took out older quotes. People can click on your name in the post to see a popup of the original message anyways.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I am refering to the tactic some use to deflect from the meaning of a post as a whole. Breaking each sentence down one by one when the sentences together hold the meaning i was inferring. I agree sometimes it is a tactic beneficial to all but far too often it is used by some as they miss the whole point i was making that God is everywhere by way of thoughts and prayer. We all know that but we still remain divided as too if those prayers are heard by someone or not. That takes faith to know. In the case of scientific studies about the power of prayer i am saying no study has ever been properly done because of that effect of the six degrees of seperation theory and how that makes it next to impossible to find a group of people that are not in some way part of the prayer chain.

Even you are part of that prayer chain as with most of the posters on here. I will pray for you.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

WTF

moving the goal posts yet again?

your claim was that prayer is more effective than emergency medical procedures, or that god is to be thanked rather than the medical professionals who actively employed humanly researched techniques to save the kids life. i suggested that we test that claim and provide similarly researched medical techniques and treatments to half a hospital worth of patients and merely pray for the other half. time would surely tell.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Then you should learn how to construct better paragraphs. A paragraph is supposed to be a singular idea where the sentences support a main idea in the paragraph. So when you break your singular thought up into multiple paragraphs, not only is it poor grammar but your message is distorted.

I'm not going to apologize for addressing your thoughts paragraph by paragraph, because the idea behind that is to address each point individually without leaving a point out.

God is everywhere by way of thoughts and prayer. We all know that but we still remain divided as too if those prayers are heard by someone or not. That takes faith to know.

This is only true in that an idea exists as long as someone is thinking about it. God as an idea certainly exists, but just because people pray to god doesn't mean that god exists.
edit on 13-2-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

WTF

moving the goal posts yet again?

your claim was that prayer is more effective than emergency medical procedures, or that god is to be thanked rather than the medical professionals who actively employed humanly researched techniques to save the kids life. i suggested that we test that claim and provide similarly researched medical techniques and treatments to half a hospital worth of patients and merely pray for the other half. time would surely tell.

False that was not my claim. I am saying that prayer touches all of our lives and we and science are just being used as tools and it is a battle of will when it comes to life and death. Will determines how those tools are used.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I'm not going to apologize for addressing your thoughts paragraph by paragraph, because the idea behind that is to address each point individually without leaving a point out.

You did not adress anything paragraph by paragraph. Lets be real you were taking each sentence out of context in a paragraph and that was deflecting from the point i made.

Again the point was that God is everywhere and is in all of us directly or indirectly and that does not depend on if he is real or not so any studies done to measure the power of prayer will always be flawed.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

You did not adress anything paragraph by paragraph. Lets be real you were taking each sentence out of context in a paragraph and that was deflecting from the point i made.

YOU were the one who broke the sentences into separate paragraphs, not me. Don't blame me for any of that. You've talked to me enough times in other threads to know how I respond to people.

Again the point was that God is everywhere and is in all of us directly or indirectly and that does not depend on if he is real or not so any studies done to measure the power of prayer will always be flawed.

So god is reduced to an idea then? Because that is what you are talking about here. God is just some idea that comforts people when they are scared. Kind of like a teddy bear. You can have faith that the teddy bear (god) actually helps you, but at the end of the day we all know the magic isn't real.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Yes we can all see how you misrepresent meaning. Prayer exist in everyones life knowingly or unknowingly. That is why studies will always fail to account for the power of God. Miracles come in many different forms and some here will never claim anything as a miracle eventhough they are subject to Gods intervention and use just as we all are. Will and faith are the tools outside of our actions that can influence God. It is not our will against God but our will against others will that stand in the way.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join