It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Teen Comes BACK TO LIFE as Mom Prays.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: TzarChasm

Perhaps all those cases end in death where no prayer is involved.

you will notice that most emergency kits dont come equipped with a bible. and if it does, its most certainly not the first thing you grab in a real emergency. that tells you everything you need to know.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I've always despised that line about foxholes; I can 100% guarantee you that if I were in a war/life or death situation, it would never occur to me to start saying "dear god PLZ let me come out of this alive"
Hell, only reason I would join the army is in the hopes this misersble existence would come to an end.
edit on 12-2-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

you will notice that most emergency kits dont come equipped with a bible. and if it does, its most certainly not the first thing you grab in a real emergency. that tells you everything you need to know.

Silly
Prayer and a book are two seperate things.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

I've always despised that line about foxholes; I can 100% guarantee you that if I were in a war/life or death situation, it would never occur to me to start saying "dear god PLZ let me come out of this alive"
Hell, only reason I would join the army is in the hopes this misersble existence would come to an end.

i questioned that phrase a few times before finally asking a friend. they kindly explained that when you are in a foxhole, you may not believe but you sure as hell hope.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Actually according to my if any spiritual powers i find your statment to be true in your case.

I just hope the nonexistant conversation we may or may not have had worked.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Silly
Prayer and a book are two seperate things.

different tricks, same show.
edit on 12-2-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

The term that there are no athiest in foxholes also has to be factored in.

That phrase is just a generalization of how you think people handle fear of death. I've been to war and not once did I pray to god while I was there.
edit on 12-2-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

That phrase is just a generalization of how you think people handle fear of death. I've been to war and not once did I pray to god while I was there.

i cant imagine how frustrating it must be to spend so much time in a place you most wish there was a god and simultaneously the one place that proves there isnt.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I spent most of my time worrying about how to occupy myself with all the down time between missions (answer: dvds, video games, and eating LOTS of eating). Then when I was doing my missions I was focused on the mission at hand. When we got hit by an IED, I switched my brain off and went straight into autopilot.

Why waste time worrying about god when someone is bleeding out in front of your face? That's time better spent putting on a tourniquet.
edit on 12-2-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
So i take it that most of you have never had something that was designed to work one way but then was used differently than designed and that use became counter productive even to the point of destruction?

If it turns out that in order for god to intervein for you or someone else you have to have a strong will faith and hope how would he ever be able to reach out and make the kind of difference you want if you nevr give him none of those tools? If that turns out to be true then ultimately the blood is on your hands. Who are we to queston and rail against a system already in place? If your desires are true then turning too him would be the best coarse for all those in need. be humble Even worse how will you feel after this if it is true? What will you tell yourself in order to yet again shift the blame.

What if science is just another tool or system that is empty enough to never reach your goals but full enough to keep you occupied long enough to progress those acts you are against and fight to change in a hopless manner that only seems fullfilling?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Yes it was a generalization of life and death scenerios like the situation in the op.

Ment to make one ask the question if a loved one is facing near death would you risk reaching out to God if by chance he is real and perhaps the loved one wants to stay both physically and spiritually.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

If it's possible, Krazy, I like you even more after this.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

i questioned that phrase a few times before finally asking a friend. they kindly explained that when you are in a foxhole, you may not believe but you sure as hell hope.

How pathetic. Again proof that God is only good for fear of death & the unknown.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

i cant imagine how frustrating it must be to spend so much time in a place you most wish there was a god and simultaneously the one place that proves there isnt.

Krazy probably had an "easier" time in war since he didn't have to fight any sort of spiritual battle either (questioning his beliefs etc)

@DeadEye
Any all loving supreme creator that needs me to pray to him before helping me sounds like kind of a dick.

Pun fully intended

If I die & there's a god, I will have no problem accepting that truth. But I also accept that this existence is a broken corrupt sham, & definitely wouldn't want to pray to God that he keep anyone here longer than they have to be.

I'm envious of people with terminal diseases. & contemptuous of them because they don't realize how lucky they are & they probably are more upset that they'll never see another super bowl or Tom hanks movie.(generalizations of materialistic addiction obviously)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

a reply to: WakeUpBeer
The ones that require faith and prayer are the ones no one would believe but in the end will be seen the brightest.

Those are the ones I'm actually interested in hearing about.

Even though I may not believe prayer had a factor in you saving lives I still find stories like you suggest you have very interesting. I have after all asked in this thread for something that would defy standard logical explanations.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I gotta be honest here. I do not believe your intentions are just purely intrest.

I saved the whole world on several occasions. I woke up determined to destroy humanity and then changed my mind.

I never even got a thank you.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Delusions of grandeur....
No you are not that important and If you really believe that nonsense do see a doctor.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I do not believe your intentions are just purely intrest.

I'm just curious if you actually have any stories that defy logical explanation.

Something that I could honestly say, "Idk how to explain that" to.
edit on 2-12-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I am not in the mood to travel the you are crazy road or the delusions of grandeur avenue today.

It is all subjective to me and those spirits involved.

If one is willing to scoff at the op thn nothing i could come retell would change that mind.

Honestly if you are interested in seeking a relationship with God where miricles are common then one first has to accept his realness.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Delusions of grandeur....

No you are not that important and If you really believe that nonsense do see a doctor.

Save your diagonosis young monkey it was just a jab at how some get mad at the world and feel like they can take on nything then later they lose that adrennaline rush.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join