It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Teen Comes BACK TO LIFE as Mom Prays.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Yeah, very cult like indeed.

I agree people like that have a screw loose.

However are they not without good reason for those beliefs?

As for your comment about God sending doctors and medicine..

You of course already know this, but the Christian religion has had many changes over the centuries. Every time it's the "right" or "true" Christianity. Every time. Of course not everyone agrees on that. Hence after people started getting the Bible into their own hands and were able to read it and come to conclusions other than those dictated by the RCC you have protestant reformation.

It used to be Christian to burn witches and healers and the like.

What I'm getting at is simple:

Your religion has evolved with the times. It has never been constant.

Ten, twenty, thirty years from now it won't be the same.

One hundred years from now, it will be completely different.

People in the future will point back to the denominations of today and scoff,

And say, they weren't real Christians, they misunderstood the Word.

Fact is God has to keep up with man,

Lest he be shoved in the closet of mythologies.

Where he belongs imo.

With all of the other Gods/Goddesses etc.
edit on 2-11-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Sometimes you are in such a diabolical mood.. it's depressing.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

What do you mean?

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

What do you mean?

I mean sometimes I get the feeling you have a lot of angst and resentment that seeps through in your posts on here. Forgive me if I've overstepped my mark or am getting too personal it just seems as though you're not a very happy person.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Patronize much?.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Thank you for your observations.

You're probably right about them more or less. Perhaps because of that I come off as antagonistic too? Idk. I have been told more than once I can be a real ass. Not my intentions, honestly. I do like to "rock the boat" so to speak though. It's why my mood states diabolical actually. What better mood for an atheist in a religious forum? Anyway, I'll keep what you said in mind when writing future posts and try to be more optimistic and what not with the tone of my posts. It may go a long way to having discussions with people on here.

Maybe you just perceive I'm full of resentment because we disagree a lot?

Is it my turn to make a psychological analysis? (Half joking)

Anyway, any comment on this post?
edit on 2-11-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: ok done editing

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

In fairness I did ask him to elaborate!

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I dunno man I wouldn't say antagonistic, at least not to me. I'd just say more like, purposefully argumentative just for the sake of arguing. I guess that kind of is antagonistic? I don't know but I don't sense it as you wanting to piss people off or anything malicious or anything.

To be fair you make very good arguments and everything I've said in my last post and this one are my responses. I feel like if you were a bit less pessimistic you might be more open to the idea of God. It seems like you want to know but for whatever reason you've just given up. Maybe it was forced on you when you were younger and you grew out of it?

I dunno. I definitely don't think you're an ass. To be honest you're one of the nicer skeptics on this site. I don't have a problem with you disagreeing with me at all because at least your arguments actually make sense and aren't just pointless attacks, dealing purely with semantics, or arguments that merely derail the discussion.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Patronize much?.

I wasn't trying to be patronizing? My bad though if it came across like that. I was merely expressing my feelings and sharing my opinions. After reading his post that was the response in my head so I posted that response. I don't think he took it the wrong way, did he?

To be fair, looking back, it probably was a bit of a personal comment for a conspiracy forum.. I didn't mean any harm by it though, and I think WakeUpBeer can see that.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I wasn't offended by the posts. Strangely I enjoyed them.

I'm the kind of guy that is hard to piss off or offend.

Even if I thought you were trying to do so I would just be amused.

Even though I'm willing to be an open book about anything,

Not the time or place. Perhaps I will U2U a more in depth response.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

What do you mean?

I mean sometimes I get the feeling you have a lot of angst and resentment that seeps through in your posts on here. Forgive me if I've overstepped my mark or am getting too personal it just seems as though you're not a very happy person.

Are you at all familiar with my posting history? I really thought the first comment was directed at me (can't keep all these religious threads straight)
I will eagerly be reading through Beers post history later

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I often tell people I don't get uncomfortable or offended by anything.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

originally posted by: TechUnique

What do you mean?

Are you at all familiar with my posting history? I really thought the first comment was directed at me (can't keep all these religious threads straight)
I will eagerly be reading through Beers post history later

Lol I actually thought pretty much exactly the same thing about your posts, but I wouldn't dare say that to you to begin with, as I'm sure you wouldn't have responded nearly as well.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

I gathered as much about you from your rainbow puking beer drinking Eunuchorn lol.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

And I agree with you. What I disagree with is the notion that this particular thing happened ONLY because the mother was praying.

That without her having prayed, it would not have happened.

Saying it is impossible for it to have happened without someone praying is what I take issue with.

This is my point. I am saying that besides all the physical factors coming together a lack of prayer and faith by you or someone on your behalf will end in death. I am wondering about cases where no prayer is involved but does not end in death. I think prayer works hand in hand with will and others actions and that is the missing element in cases that even though can be explained in reverse through a process they still defy the status quo. The term that there are no athiest in foxholes also has to be factored in.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: puzzlesphere
a reply to: deadeyedick

Where do you get this stuff from???

The purpose of life is to suffer?... and most "spirits" don't want to be here?

What a dismal mindset to experience life through...

I never made the claim that truth is easy to swallow.

If you take a look around yourself you will find suffering and reward.

If tomorrow you were to get a doudle dose of empathy then your life view would change. If that empathy were increased morre then you would change your entire life. Our captor has created a few devices to ease our suffering but in the end we are all owned and suffering.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I am very interested in your stories about saving people however.

Mostly jus standard water rescue situations that are small compered to professionals like ems and such but a few are greatful.

The ones that require faith and prayer are the ones no one would believe but in the end will be seen the brightest.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: InfinityandBeyond

Why do we never hear of the athiest doctors saving lives while no one was around praying?

perhaps because they dont feel the compulsion to make a spectacle of it.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Perhaps all those cases end in death where no prayer is involved.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Or perhaps you go spend some time in an emergency room, and see how many people are saved with no prayer present at all.

You'll find that most emergencies where people live don't involve prayer. If it was the opposite, you can be sure that christians would be flaunting the fact that prayer saves people's lives in everyone's faces... the fact is there is no evidence that suggests prayer has anything more than a placebo effect.

Keep living life in your your own little personal delusion... ignorance is bliss.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join