It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The First Sheriff in 25 Years to Stand-Up to the IRS ...

page: 1

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

The first Republican elected sheriff in Eddy County, New Mexico, became the first sheriff in 25 years to stand up to the IRS. He physically stood at the gate of a troubled citizen's property while US Marshals threatened his arrest. The landowner filed an appeal with the court and expects his case to receive due process before his land is publicly sold.

“Many officers have stood up over the years for the rights of citizens being victimized by the federal government,” said Sheriff Mack, founder of the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association, “But Sheriff London is the first one to stand up to the IRS since the early 1990s.” Mack said, “His actions show courage and humility. London is setting a good example for the rest of our sheriffs.”

Approximately ten days before Christmas, U.S. Marshals broke in the door of Carter’s rental property with their guns drawn. The tenant was a young mother with a new baby—home alone while her husband was at work. Sheriff London was called to the property to intervene. He advised the Marshals that Carter’s case was in appeal and he deserved due process. They threatened to arrest London, but he stood his ground and they backed off.
Sheriff Stands Up to IRS

Marshals threatened to arrest the sheriff, but he stood his ground.

“It’s my oath. I took an oath to support the constitution of the United States as well as the constitution of New Mexico and I felt bound to my oath,” Sheriff London said.
Eddy Co. sheriff takes stand in Carlsbad showdown

FYI: Eddy County, New Mexico is also home to ... The WIPP Experiences.

Homepage: Waste Isolation Pilot Plant’s (WIPP)

-
OPINION: Sheriff London has his hands ... (Federally?)-FULL.

( i.e. he needs continual-n-serious ...commnunity-support )

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Awesome story, I just wish we had more men like him all around the country. I feel like most LEO's see themselves as an oppressive force, enemy's of the public, instead of what they should be, which is a protective and peace keeping force. Tip of the hat to Sheriff London, a shining light in a profession that is much to often in the news for all the wrong reasons

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The IRS is a corporation. famguardian.org...

They serve the Creature from Jekyll Island.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
woah woah woah everyone facebook, titter, instagram and youtube this around to your social circle ASAP this needs to go viral. In fact every Instance of a Sheriff standing up to the FED needs to go viral. Come on everyone start sharing.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I guess this Sherriff is one of the good few men who know that evil triumphs when good men do nothing.....
I say good on ya Sherriff London, your devotion to your oaths is inspiring......

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
...This is quite a likeable sheriff ....i suspect he will end up with a barrage of audits in the near future

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

To be honest I don't think the feds can arrest a sheriff. Last I knew only a county coroner had that authority. With that being said I could be completely wrong and could vary from state to state.

Either way the Sheriff did a good job given the circumstances.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Good to hear, hopefully the start of a trend.

Second line.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
It's about time one of them stood up for what's right.
I wonder why this thread hasn't gotten more replies, is it not trendy to praise a LEO for doing the right thing?
Guess im just not one of the cool kids.

Good Job, Sheriff.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

This is kind of news which gives me hope for a better future. For once some glimt of hope in the dark.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut is it not trendy to praise a LEO for doing the right thing?

People on this site are more interested in lambasting law enforcement rather than praising them. I am waiting for those people to complain about the Sheriff wearing white socks while stopping the feds.
edit on 11-2-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
hey what the hell how is there only 1 page on this?? These are the kinds of topics that built ATS, and now the crowd just ignores them???

top topics

join