It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Men 'planned terrorist attack' in Sydney for yesterday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

"These men were not on our radar," she said.

Ms Burn said police had seized a machete, a knife, a flag "representing" terrorist group ISIL, and a video which showed a man talking about carrying out an attack.

"The type of act that we will allege was going to take place is consistent with IS messages," she said, using another acronym used to describe the militants.

BREAKING NEWS: Men 'planned terrorist attack' in Sydney for yesterday

Sounds like a lucky break.

It's sad to say but I suspect this king of thing will continue until such time as these psychos actually manage to kill someone.

It's not as though they're not being monitored. Police and others are doing what they can, but it's more likely than not that they won't get everyone.

What I'd like to know is why are Hizb ut-Tahrir and others allowed to sprout their poison and tacit support for a death cult openly on our streets.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I'm calling a lie.
Sounds like the perfect distraction for the government with all the spill stuff going on.

More often than not in Australia, cases like this which hinge on one piece of evidence ''the flag'' will be quickly proven as ''incorrect reporting'' - some time down the track

These men were not on any radar, police haven't been able to establish any contact with ISIS.

Machetes are not uncommon here in Australia and anyone can get a hold of a kitchen knife.

But even though they haven't been linked to ISIS we were quickly reminded:

The group has also become notorious for its filmed beheadings of hostages.

FEAR!

look look, DISTRACTION!!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Considering the spill motion has passed I'm not clear on what this is meant to be a distraction for ?.

The real issue here is that these psychos are openly allowed to communicate their messages of hate an intolerance. These messages are actually festering in people who really have no idea and are prepared to act on their own delusional beliefs.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

edit on 10-2-2015 by myselfaswell because: pesky spelling

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

The fact that the government is all but finished? do you not pay attention to whats going on?
All we would of heard about in the news today was Hockey's gaffe on TV last night about the senate, Abbott's dismal approval rating, the fact that the spill motion occurred and everyone wants Tony gone.

lookey lookey, we have a very flimsy story about a man arrested with a machete and a knife, a video in which he talks about attacks and a flag (which will conveniently be reported as ''inaccurate reporting'' in about.. say 3 weeks time. He was not known to police, he was not on any radar, an anonymous tip led police to him and all the media want to tell you about is that ISIS beheads people.

Its so obvious its disturbing. Watch the news today and see how much this saturates the airwaves.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

The fact that the government is all but finished?

So, you're suggesting that this story is a politically motivated ruse to conceal the fact that our gumment are a bunch of clowns, riiiiiight. And when I put my hand over my eyes, the sun disappears, but I know it hasn't really gone away.

do you not pay attention to whats going on?

Please.

Watch the news today and see how much this saturates the airwaves.

I'm not doubting the saturation this will get. I also doubt that the coverage of our incompetent gumment is going to go away either.

If there is any conspiracy in this story, and I will reiterate, why are Hizb ut-Tahrir and others allowed to sprout their poison and tacit support for a death cult openly on our streets.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
If he planned it today to happen in Sydney yesterday then I'm across the international date line so when would have it occurred for me? signed, Konfuzed.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

The arrests were yesterday, just prior to the alleged potential attack. The arrests were only announced today.

The problem that we have here is a government that needs an enemy closer to home. It seems to me at least, that it's very difficult for the government to justify being dragged into another conflict, through mission creep, against an enemy thousands of kilometers away. If that enemy can be demonstrated either directly or indirectly to be operating in your own backyard, then, well the rest is pretty easy really. If this is not the case then why have they not been shut down yet.

And I suspect that this is all being done at the behest of the US, because the whole Arab Spring malarkey has now completely imploded into a massive pile of stinking megaturd. The actions of Daesh have shocked it's backers and shown it's gone rogue, now they're trying to back peddle as fast as possible. Possibly even To This Extent. We'll see.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Yea right.... Yawn,

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
You actually believe this crap?

Its nothing but propaganda.

PROPAGANDA

NOTHING MORE.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Dear Chop,

Your absolute hatred for the Liberal Party is blinding you to other events.

This WAS going to happen.

Its not so shocking to anyone really that this WILL eventually happen in Sydney. We live here everyday and are very aware of how our city has changed.

While you chop and many others are distracted with the left hand slapping your face....you are going to miss the big right hook that is going to come.
edit on 11-2-2015 by bellagirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
not a distraction, but a deflection.

On the same day, hours before this raid, there was a nasty incident that ended badly.
I wont go into the specifics other than that incident was handled very poorly and it's generated a fair amount of negative chatter on the graffiti walls of the internet.

this was the "but look.. we save your a$$es from evil terrorists as well as kill mentally ill women" play.. pure damage control PR work..

we've lost the plot down here.. there are but a small few that understand these matters.. everyone else is tearing shreds off each other over things they have little control over.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   

You know, when they say things like "These men were not on our radar," it makes me wonder then how the arrest took place. Obviously, they WERE on someone's radar, otherwise they would not have been prevented from carrying out their alleged attack.

As is often the case, governments use statements like this to fool the public into believing they need "more powers" - which usually means incredible control over freedoms, communications, spying, infiltration, erosion of liberties...

The fact is, they stopped it. Clearly whatever intelligence tools our countries have is working, they don't need open access to every phone call you or I make, they don't need the right to detain indefinitely without trial, they don't need the right to bug your home, your phones and your computer...

The next time any government claims it needs "greater powers" to fight these people just remember that you are more likely to be hit by lightening than be harmed by a terrorist, remember how our nations have already abused the trust of millions of people through illegal spying, and remember that the same extreme methods are not being proposed to prevent much wider criminal activity that actually has a greater chance of impacting on you as an individual.

Also remember that no spying methods any government manages to convince the people it needs will ever be able to decipher a basic code using a common shared book as the key. Neither can they crack Tor. Nor can they monitor hundreds of threats in real-time.

We have always had the threat of terrorism, and we will likely always have it in one form or another. Nothing excuses handing over all control and power to a secret group of spying agencies which our own governments admit they cannot hold accountable.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

It's a fact that no government can monitor everyone of the nutters. The ones who try to form cells etc are forced out to try and engage with others. Even that is hard enough to detect if they keep it simple and stealthy.

However there is no planning for a lone wolf extremist who just snaps or even a few buddies who have kept their 'allegiances' low key from the general public in their everyday lives.

As the populations of muslim immigrants rise in the west, then these attacks are going to be a common occurrence. There is no way around that!

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
If he planned it today to happen in Sydney yesterday then I'm across the international date line so when would have it occurred for me? signed, Konfuzed.

I'm gonna go ahead and accuse Stephen Hawking. Sounds like something he would do...

Stephen Hawking held a party for time-travellers

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xarian6
not a distraction, but a deflection.

On the same day, hours before this raid, there was a nasty incident that ended badly.
I wont go into the specifics other than that incident was handled very poorly and it's generated a fair amount of negative chatter on the graffiti walls of the internet.

this was the "but look.. we save your a$$es from evil terrorists as well as kill mentally ill women" play.. pure damage control PR work..

we've lost the plot down here.. there are but a small few that understand these matters.. everyone else is tearing shreds off each other over things they have little control over.

I didnt know that you were the NSW Coroner and you have the toxicology results back.

you have condemned the police when you were not even there. She was not shot because she was mentally ill and that statement is a bold faced lie.

She was shot because she had a massive knife and was lunging at police with their weapons drawn. she had been capsicum sprayed with no effect and also reports she was tasered.

In about 6 weeks we will know if any drugs were involved and i think its best till that report is in before passing judgement.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: big_BHOY
a reply to: Rocker2013

It's a fact that no government can monitor everyone of the nutters. The ones who try to form cells etc are forced out to try and engage with others. Even that is hard enough to detect if they keep it simple and stealthy.

However there is no planning for a lone wolf extremist who just snaps or even a few buddies who have kept their 'allegiances' low key from the general public in their everyday lives.

I agree, and we've seen this plenty of times in the past too. The only difference between a terrorist and a lone gunman in the US shooting up his place of work is the ideology, the excuse.

People have free will, if they choose to murder or maim others they should all be classed as the same form of lowlife regardless of what excuse they use to explain their sickening acts. In my opinion, it doesn't matter whether it's a disaffected teen in small town USA shooting up his school, or an organized group of religious extremists in another country claiming to be acting for some delusional death cult - they all have free will and they all choose to maim and kill others.

originally posted by: big_BHOY
As the populations of muslim immigrants rise in the west, then these attacks are going to be a common occurrence. There is no way around that!

This is something I don't agree with.
It has nothing to do with Muslims, any more than a white teen shooter in the USA is associated to Christianity.

There are plenty of terrorists who were born and raised in the counties they attack, they are not immigrants. They were duped by a death cult and brainwashed through a combination of mistrust of their own governments (sometimes justified mistrust) and propaganda from outside.

These are often vulnerable people with no prospects and little hope for the future.

Look at the guy responsible for the Sydney siege and you'll quickly see that his actions were not really associated to any ideology, he was a fantasist, a failure in almost every way, an ineffectual man with a pathetic life, he desperately craved attention and did some pretty bizarre things in an attempt to be noticed.

top topics

join