It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawaiian Independence Movement Attracts Chinese Interest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Restoration of kingdom could end U.S. military presence

HONOLULU—China has suggested arming Hawaii’s independence activists in retaliation for U.S. arms sales to Taiwan and recently threatened to challenge American sovereignty by making legal claims to the Pacific islands as its territory.

freebeacon.com...

I searched and not find this on ATS. I find the strategy moves of the Chinese fascinating in their scope and relevance.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

I am thinking of the President swimming and playing on the beach when Secret Service has to swoop in and save him from a HI frogman. It would make for a good Team America episode.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I would think this could be a really bad thing. This may be where WW2 REALLY starts.The bit with Russia is just a side show to keep us occupied.I can not see us willingly giving up Hawaii and its chain islands.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

This actually was where WW2 started. I think you might have intended to say "This is where WW3 starts" I am just making a guess here.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

edit on 02pm2015-02-10T17:03:11-06:0005032America/Chicago03228 by machineintelligence because: double post with only one click somehow.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Yes you are correct. My apologies .

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

“A favorite comparison the ying pai has made to me is ‘How would the Pentagon like it if we provide arms to our friends in Hawaiian independence movement?’” he said. “I was incredulous because I had never heard of such a movement in Hawaii, but, after checking I met a few of them.”

I am OK with Chinese buying Hawaiians guns... I mean we are allowed to have them anyway and the Hawaiian separatists are not generally violent. LOL

OK in all seriousness the tone I get from reading the article was someone trying to make an apt comparison rather than a direct threat of action.

More of 'how would you feel if the tables were turned' rather than 'I'm gonna do this!'

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Greetings and Salutations- With that being typed anybody interested in a Maui Timeshare? (Sand of Kahana™) send Me a U2U.. I can also do a package deal if'n You also like Flori-Duh.

P.S. There are Chinese take-out that deliver to both locales...
I go w/the Mai Fun but You might also enjoy it, so, sew, "Our Fun"..

LMK.. mention ATS™ and I'll kick-in a $1500.00 USD scholarship to ATS™ A physical check/checque so neither of Us has to pay a PayPal™ juice tax..

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

You are probably correct in your assumption given that Hawaiians seem pretty peaced out to me at least the ones I have met. If the Chinese are looking for disgruntled Native Americans that want to fight for independence they might want to back the Oglala Lakota Sioux Nation but even as angry as they are they seek peace.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Perhaps The Great Sioux Nation has 'ammo' for their beef?

www.nytimes.com...

www.presstelegram.com...

battleforwhiteclay.org...

"They" want not only the Native People's Land but also their Souls...

Edit: These were found under a web search under the heading: "largest Budweiser sales near Indian Reservations"

BIG RED TRUCK..
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: addendum..

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

That is why I suggested they might be a better target for the Chinese efforts instead of the Native Hawaiians. The suggestion was based on my observations and interactions with many of the First Nations people like myself.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
a reply to: Elton

You are probably correct in your assumption given that Hawaiians seem pretty peaced out to me at least the ones I have met. If the Chinese are looking for disgruntled Native Americans that want to fight for independence they might want to back the Oglala Lakota Sioux Nation but even as angry as they are they seek peace.

You want to start another genocide of the NA people huh? This time they woudnt get reservations well except in grave yards.

ALso their ancestors stole th e land from a previous peoples so they were not innocent natives to begin with.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

In which case I would see the US and other nations recognize Taiwan as a sovereign nation and submit a proposal to restore Taiwan to the UNSC and remove China from it. Or as I refer to it the good old days when Taiwan held those distinctions before the one China policy.

the one issue I think China is ignoring would be what type of support would there be from the people on the island to become Chinese citizens and fall under Chinese jurisdiction.

edit on 10-2-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa
You seem like someone who likes to get exited without reasoning through the OP. I do not want a genocide of anyone? What exactly I say suggested that notion to you? I think the native peoples of Hawaii are far too pacifistic to take up arms against the US. On the other hand the Northern Plains Tribes have been at war with the English and the US since before the formation of the USA. Treaties spell it out pretty well. They are an indomitable people. The Chinese have much in common. They were masters of a land the English coveted. They resisted them and ultimately expelled them taking on self rule. The native American tribes have much in common with the Chinese in this way. They also were masters of a major land mass as were the natives of India. All of these nations have a common bond. That bond is invasion by the British which sought to set up colonies on their land. The USA represents the most successful of these crown colonies.

new topics

top topics

join