It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Indigo Skyfold

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ConnectDots

You do know that ridicule is a fallacy of reason, correct?

Of course I do, IF ridicule IS one's argument.

And FFS Mary, you act like it's the only one. Learn what the others are and quit using them.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

You are twisting the meaning of ridicule as a fallacy of reason in a debate.

So, let's elaborate on it.

In your comments about Kristen Meghan, you made use of ridicule in the form of an ad hominem.

No one who has an actual reason for what they believe has any reason to use ad hominem ridicule.

www.seekfind.net...

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
You appear to be using delusional reasoning which I consider a fallacy.

I'll keep this simple.

A fallacy is the use of poor, or invalid, reasoning for the construction of an argument.[1][2]

en.wikipedia.org...

No argument, no fallacy. A joke can be a joke, whether you like it or not.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Two questions:

1. What is the significance of the iridescent colors?
  2. How can composite photos compare to Wigington's photo? Is it comparing "apples with apples"?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   

There is more than one category of the fallacy of ridicule.

You're trying to say it's okay to make use of an ad hominem directed at a public figure giving firsthand personal testimony about a subject of interest to the entire planet.

It is not okay; it is irrational.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConnectDots

originally posted by: waynos
You don't think images with scary skulls and "chemtrail" plane and tankers are intended to have a psychological effect?

waynos,

Did you not realize that you changed "psychological operation" to "psychological effect"?

The former is intended to promulgate the latter, arguing the phrase is mere deflection. I get it, you don't want to answer that point.

And then made a derogatory comment about the other side.

I gave my own opinion, nothing more.

You are skipping over the point to argue over minutiae again.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   

You're trying to say it's okay to make use of an ad hominem directed at a public figure giving firsthand personal testimony about a subject of interest to the entire planet.

It is not okay; it is irrational.

FFS, why do I feel the need to step into this one?

CD, DO's remark about her forehead was quite obviously a joke, an aside to the argument, not part of it. This is how normal human beings often punctuate friendly discussions and not all worth getting hung up about.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

When I have time, I'll start over.

After listening to Dane Wigington speak, you made this remark:

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation
What to make of the claims that those trails weren't around before the 90s? Does he think before he speaks?

Wondering why you would criticize him for varying from the stance that had been taken by chemtrail advocates, I asked this:

Are you sure it was Dane Wigington who made those claims?

Because if it was not him, why should he be held responsible for them?

To which you replied:

I'm not sure if he has ever actually claimed that or not. Regardless, my point is he just kicked a bunch of his disciples square in the teeth with that.

Thinking to myself, why do you call others in their movement "disciples," I replied:

Not necessarily.

"Disciples" is a very strong word. I'm not sure it applies at all.

And when people are in a search for the truth, they freely state the facts as they know them, regardless.

I say activists who are trying to piece together the truth going up against the military-industrial complex should be forgiven for making some mistakes.

Then, your next reply really gave me cognitive dissonance:

Disciples, followers, blessed children of the lovemind of one, whatever you want to call them. I. Don't. Care.

He kicked them in the teeth. All who have waved the ''chemtrails'' weren't around before the 90s banner. It's a tenet of the ''chemtrail theory''.

In conclusion, this is what I heard you saying:

In the chemtrail - contrail debate, it's us vs. them, not a search for the truth.

So, my question to you is, does that about sum up your opinion?

edit on 7/20/2015 by ConnectDots because: Fix tags

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: waynos

What do you mean the former is intended to promulgate the latter?

I disagree. Derogatory comments are not minutiae.

They are designed to break down an opponent instead of trying to come to a meeting of the minds and move closer to the truth when there is conflicting information.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

FFS . . .

Excuse me?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   

a reply to: waynos

What do you mean the former is intended to promulgate the latter?

I disagree. Derogatory comments are not minutiae.

They are designed to break down an opponent instead of trying to come to a meeting of the minds and move closer to the truth when there is conflicting information.

So let's finally cut to the chase then, and get past all this idling around 'he said she said' stuff.

Let's focus on evidence for chemtrails instead.

If you're interested in the truth regarding chemtrails, then why do you rely on geoengineeringwatch and Dane Wigington, who has been proven to be keeping things from you that are important for your understanding of what is or isn't a chemtrail.

You've skipped this subject multiple times now, but I'll keep waving it in your face because it makes it so blatantly obvious what geoengineeringwatch is all about:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread proves that Wigington is a liar. I'm sorry, I have no other word for it.. it is what it is, and sometimes you need to face the facts.

Can we agree on that? I think it's important, since geowatch is such an important part of the whole chemtrail debacle. Once we can establish it's veracity, I suppose we can move on to other matters.. such as Griffith perhaps.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Two questions:
  • What is the significance of the iridescent colors?

• The rainbows are caused by reflection of light though ice crystals - wiki article on cloud iridescence - it is high school science level physics, despite various people claiming that it is a sign of metallic elements - I have no idea how metals cause rainbows, except for bismuth!!

• How can composite photos compare to Wigington's photo? Is it comparing "apples with apples"?

• Both are aerodynamic contrails - so it is more like comparing apples with apples.

I answered this for you already several pages back!

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:59 AM
    link   

FFS . . .

Excuse me?

Mate, stop sidestepping the questions by being incredibly sensitive to everything, You are not fooling anyone. We are all adults here (well, i assume you are) and we sometimes swear, make jokes about people etc..)

Just stop. Stop taking everything as offensive and just concentrate on the questions people are asking you,

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 06:50 AM
    link   

Psychological operations are intended to have a psychological effect. Therefore the phraseology fits perfectly. I'm finding it hard to accept this is a genuine sticking point for you. It looks extremely laboured.

What exactly was derogatory? I may be talking about something there that you are not.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 06:52 AM
    link   

FFS . . .

Excuse me?

You are excused.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:16 AM
    link   

It doesn't matter how many categories there are but I'm sure Petros would be proud. Your argument is fallacious in itself. Here's why-
    Fallacy Definition

A fallacy is an erroneous argument dependent upon an unsound or illogical contention.

Comprehension is the key to unlocking the power of knowledge.

Remember to look up.

edit on 20-7-2015 by DenyObfuscation because: cant type

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:41 PM
    link   
    a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Indeed. I have seen (and photpgraphed) plenty of irridesence just like that. But only in natural clouds of dihydrogen monoxide ....

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:53 PM
    link   
    Please remember to keep the conversation on the topic.

Keep your eye on the ball...........

Do not reply to this post.

Blaine91555

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:48 PM
    link   

I don't have to look it up.

I can think for myself.

Focusing on the forehead of an important witness testifying about a subject that is of keen interest to people planet-wide makes no sense.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:51 PM
    link   

Focusing on the forehead of an important witness testifying about a subject that is of keen interest to people planet-wide makes no sense.

Neither does focusing on the words of proven liars in regards to subjects for which there is no evidence.

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57 >>

join