It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: News outlets hype terror threat

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This was absolutely hilarious! Apparently Obama is not happy the media is absolutely overstating the risks of terrorism. Dunno why though. He absolutely loved it when they were hyping how like totally awesome Obama was, and how he was the second coming . What's that famous saying? When a politician speaks. He's lying. Why no my fellow Americans? Just pay no attention to children getting cut in half. Journalist's, and aid workers getting their heads cut off or coalition pilots getting burned alive. Nothing to see there folks move right along, and be scared of who I tell you, says the narcissist in chief.

The news media “absolutely” overstates the risks of terrorism because stories about things like climate change aren’t “sexy” and don’t drive ratings, President Obama said in an interview published Monday.

Source

Why yes people terrorists represent no existential to us, but be scared of bankers,corporations,business owners,rich people, gun owners, Christian's of centuries ago,and my personal favorite the climate!

I don't know about others, but I am telling you the climate is really scarey, and so are all those other folks. Not them right wing neocon's over in the middle east nation building clinging to their guns, and religion.

They are just misunderstood, and it's all hype!

The poor Potus he sure loves hype when it furthers his agenda.

In the words of John Kerry, 'The Potus was for hype until he was against it'.

edit on 10-2-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

The news media “absolutely” overstates the risks of terrorism because stories about things like climate change aren’t “sexy” and don’t drive ratings, President Obama said in an interview published Monday.

I absolutely agree with this. It was annoying back when we had constant government issued terror alerts and the media constantly oversells the dangers of living in the US to drive viewership / readers / subscriptions.

I can tell you don't like the guy, but I doubt everything he does is for a nefarious purpose.

EDIT: That said I don't want 100 global warming stories, but I imagine he was just trying to make a point.

edit on 10-2-2015 by Elton because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Looks like Obama-mania is over with finally.

His failures outweigh the feeble successes.

They have nothing left but weak mamby-pamby topics.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
If you need a politician to tell you that the news hypes things up, you have failed.
Miserably

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

You agree with him ?

He wants the press HYPING climate change to push his agenda.

With the media reporting what terrorists do. He can't push his agenda.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Who cares one way or the other? It's all overhyped nonsense.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It's probably a good thing that I take neither of them seriously when they speak. They are both full of $%^( . I now find more credibility in secondary sources that have filtered out the BS for me to some degree.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
He better have a word with his masters then, because they drive the media agenda. Good luck with that!!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Good to see that whenever the news outlets create more fear more tax payers money gets wasted on more security, more people die from car accidents than terrorist but heck why use fact when you can make stuff up.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
He is just defending his do nothing presidency.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

He's actually done plenty, to ruin this country. And this, he wants to limit ground forces in a war against ISIS.

Obama War Authorization

President Barack Obama will soon give Congress his proposal for a new authorization for the use of military force against Islamic State fighters, and it will place strict limits on the types of U.S. ground forces that can be deployed, according to congressional sources.

edit on 10-2-2015 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Obama talks about factually observed media fear mongering...

"Still wrong"...

He could drag a drowning disabled pensioner from the under current of the Hudson River & people would still have a problem with it.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I love how its obamas fault that when ever a muslim looking person says boo and murika jumps, that jump cost a couple millions each time. Keep on getting bankrupt and believing the boogey is around every corner.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
He's not been a bad president. The only way you'd be happy with obama is if he was a traditional conservative which he's not. Now why is that? Anything to do with the poor state of the Republican Party and their inability to field a vote worthy candidate
edit on 10-2-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

You agree with him ?

He wants the press HYPING climate change to push his agenda.

With the media reporting what terrorists do. He can't push his agenda.

So in other words you aren't upset about the media falsely pushing and hyping some agenda with fear. You're just just mad because it's not your agenda. Makes sense.

Push Right Wing Agenda=Good
Push Left Wing Agenda=Bad

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I agree with Obama. The media is just out of control and not reporting what the administration desires.

I just wish the government would step in and take control of what the media portrays.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I think the media should be impartial regardless of what "party" is in the White House. Them stepping in and deciding what's reported is like 1984.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Miss you beezer, but i know youd rather have faux news tell you whats real right?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Not at all my friend.

I want the government to determine what I should watch and get outraged about.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join