It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian advisor suggests supporting an Iranian attack against Saudi Arabia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: payta

just the act of limiting the passage of oil tankers out of the Persian Gulf at the Hormuz Strait would be looked upon as an act-of-war but would not be a 'hot' conflict unless one side or the other decides to escalate....

the Persians demanding a 'toll booth' on Saudi or Kuwaiti or UAE oil would not send prices higher automatically... but the factor of a really high 'toll fee' would act as a 'cost-of-business' expense... and surely reduce profits that couldn't be passed to the user/buyer/refiner...thus hurting ONLY Saudi or the producers that operate under the protection of the USA power paradigm

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 10-2-2015 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Would not surprise me if Saudi Arabia was attacked by joint Iran Russian. If we believe the Russians the terror attacks within Russia was done because Russia would not let Saudi Arabia get control over Syria.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Anyone seen this around our mainstream? All I have so far is Business Times, REDDIT and other mirrors. That the Russians have already talked about the dangers of western powers arming the Ukraine, is true enough alright, but that's not new. I find it hard though to believe this arming of Iran malarky. Russia does have a big oil deal with Iran, buying Iranian oil in exchange for goods ongoing since Iran is sanctioned, as is Russia, who is a huge exporter of oil itself, one of the biggest in fact, so buying in oil would make Russia awash with crude, probably a heap of it sitting in ships around the world. But then the Russians can send Iran their grain and foodstuffs. However egging on Iran to confront Saudi Arabia, makes no sense at all.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
Yes Russia, piss off the Saudis next. That will work out well for you I am sure!

And would Iran allow itself to be a political pawn of Russian interests?

I think they would. Iran will let it's big brother (Russia) speak for them.
edit on 10-2-2015 by lostbook because: Word edit

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Interesting thread to read through.. though I don't agree with many
of the conclusions reached.

There would be no win win for Iran.. So I don't see Iran agreeing to be Russia's
proxy!
The fact is the Irananian military machine is seriously out classed
by the Saudi armed forces.

Iran still keeps in the air F4 phantoms The Saudi's on the other hand have
F15's...

Either not going to happen or Iran gets a slap!

edit on Tue, 10 Feb 2015 18:05:29 -0600056America/ChicagoTuesday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

The Moscow Times isn`t the best source of information, and is not on the side of the Kremlin, so I would not hold that much value to the information

So if it isn't on the side of the Kremlin the information has no value?

Imagine that...

I have been following MT for a while and did some actual background research about it.

In 2006, the paper began its alliance with the International Herald Tribune which is a A New York Times Company.

And NYT is a propaganda tool.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
This is strategy of tit for tat

US pays for revolution in Kiev

Russia arms eastern separatists

US will now arm Kiev

Russia will make sure Iran gets nukes

NOW LETS SKIP FEW STEPS AHEAD, TIT FOR TAT

WW 3

You are dead and not posting on ATS

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Before you go researching again, maybe you should trade that monocle in for a pair of spectacles.

Might take care of that myopia you seem to have.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

Ouch, it must hurt that someone with myopia can see through you with ease.
edit on 10 2 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: PizzaAnyday505
This is strategy of tit for tat

US pays for revolution in Kiev

Russia arms eastern separatists

US will now arm Kiev

Russia will make sure Iran gets nukes

NOW LETS SKIP FEW STEPS AHEAD, TIT FOR TAT

WW 3

You are dead and not posting on ATS

I'll give you a new scenario Russia wants to regain there former glory. They send Russians to take over Ukraine. Sanctions occur destroying RussIan economy. US may or may not send arms to Ukraine but doesn't matter Russia cant feed it's people in a year. Russians starve they revolt Putin dies and the west had to spend more money just like before on Russia.

Alternative they arm Ukraine with anti missile systems grads are made ineffective Russians are thrown back across the border. Here Russia has 2 options bring full military force onto theater and stops pretending it's not an invasion. At that point the west can no longer ignore it because several eastern European countries throw troops into the theater.

Russia had massive losses to its military or can't afford. leaving them two choices launch nukes on which case Russia is gone US and Europe are injured. And ISIS takes over.

Third US arms Ukraine PUTIN pulls out realizing there isn't a win for Russia. Ukrainians reach a deal sanctions are lifted and Russia goes through a recession which of course makes the west have to bail out Russia. Putin may or may not survive this scenario.

There is a forth option but Putins ambitions won't allow that to happen he'd rather get thousands killed than him and his fellow oligarchs lose money.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
RU planners need to go back and war game this again when they aren't drunk.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
SA AF is 5th in the world.

110 Russians own 35% of the wealth, the most inequitable country in the world.

Average per capita Russian income is around $900, lower than even India.

It's unfortunate that Russias leaders have failed her again.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Sorry you are dreaming friend

I don't blame you, America is used to fighting weak and the defenceless

But I think in due time you will see what real war looks life

Patience young Jedi

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
110 Russians own 35% of the wealth, the most inequitable country in the world.
Average per capita Russian income is around $900, lower than even India.
It's unfortunate that Russias leaders have failed her again.

This is the train of inevitability heading directly for revolution. Russians will, given enough time, see that the 3rd world is now passing them in standards of living. It takes decades to sift through the Russian propaganda machine...but is seeps through eventually.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

This is the train of inevitability heading directly for revolution. Russians will, given enough time, see that the 3rd world is now passing them in standards of living. It takes decades to sift through the Russian propaganda machine...but is seeps through eventually.

Putin's policies are beginning to hit where it hurts most: the kitchen:

www.tradingeconomics.com...

Related thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hungry countries tend to revolt or go to war. Russia has already gone to war, so revolt is possible.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
i call bull#.

and if its not bull# its non news. so what anyone can say anything. neither Iran or Russia would be stupid enough to attack the Saudis.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason
i call bull#.

and if its not bull# its non news. so what anyone can say anything. neither Iran or Russia would be stupid enough to attack the Saudis.

You wouldn't have thought Russia would be stupid enough to annex Crimea.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

keeping their presence in the black sea is stupid to you?

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason
i call bull#.

"They" don't have to.

We all know that Yemen fell. Well look who took it over.

We simply were told Al Qaeda, but those are Shi'a rebels, co-religionists with the Shi'a in Iran. They should be natural allies. Swerving off the serious discussion to a certain extent, although with a 12ver regime like you have in Iran it's never really too far away, there is a prophecy in their religious writings about what happens when King Abdullah of Saudi dies. It involves the country being invaded and conquered from the south.

Well, there are now Shi'a in control of Yemen, the country to the south of Saudi Arabia, and King Abdullah is dead.

Iran and Russia can simply use Yemen.
edit on 11-2-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join