It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Gun

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
You'd think that the answer can be found with the niece... an obvious, logical suspect... but then most have likely not lost things in impossible ways where the only logical answer is someone trusted and close to you did it... OR an intangible spirit is playing with you (or something even odder and unknown, to be fair).

All I'm saying is that it's a weird world we live in,at least for some of us... and sometimes the obvious is incorrect. Whatever unseen forces exist, it seems some of them love playing with human relationships.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
If you had the money for guns, why not spend money on an alarm system after already being broken into once and having 10 guns stolen? The fact you leave your doors unlocked in the country is typical, as we did when I was growing up. After that initial break in my doors would be locked and I would have a security system...I've never had anything stolen and my house is locked consistantly. I don't even leave my car running when I'm not in it.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: InfinityandBeyond

Actually i have moved since then. The old location was equipped with alarm and cameras that were all bypassed. I did get a small bit of footage but was not distinguishable to identify. It all done me no good because like now i am at least at a 20min. response time for emergency. I do have a few trail cams but batteries are not lasting long and have had software issues with them. Without a dsl connection much of the tech is rendered to be not as functional as with a connection.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

originally posted by: deadeyedick

originally posted by: crayzeed

No the logical answer is you don't remember so you're losing your marbles so they aught to take all the fire arms off you as your an obvious danger not only to yourself but other people.

my marbles were lost during childhood. i have not played with them since.

do tell how i am a danger

You are in danger because you are avoiding the issue of your forgetfulness that you admit.

Most people keep their "ready" gun in a special place and there is no forgetting where it is. If you've done a check of your house, etc. and cannot find it, why would you think that you misplaced it? WHERE?

The predicament that you are caught up in is dangerous to your ability to even own a gun. the law folks will see it as not so much about the gun, but about your state of mind.

To be on the safe side, consider the gun stolen and follow through on the police report if inclined, but do not acknowledge that maybe it is still around someplace and you simply forgot where.

my ready gun is on my hip.

it is not uncommon to misplace,lose or have stolen items and that can include a wide range of items.

the logic you present is silly as if you have never misplaced something or noticed something missing or out of place and did not have an answer at the moment.

many are quick to jump to conclusions but i have found that in time the answer will come.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Even though the sheriff and local PD didn't seem too concerned, I'd still file a report. I don't know what state you're in, but when a similar thing happened to us in NY state, we had 3 state troopers at the house the gun went missing in within minutes. They helped us do a thorough search of the house too, even climbing into the attic. And two years later the detectives still check in with me once in a while, texting photos of what might be the weapon and such. I figure some states just take things like this more seriously than others? But anyway, for your own protection, report it.

edit on 2/10/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
You blew my mind with "misplaced my gun."

Can't even begin to fathom that.

That being said, you know who I am and what I do so take the advice for what it's worth: you need to report it as stolen pronto, if you're 100% absolutely positive it's gone.

The weapon has already been recorded by PD. If it's found somewhere or used in the commission of a crime, guess who they're coming to talk to? Save yourself the potential trouble.

As far as pointing at your niece: that's a personal call. You don't HAVE to point them at her.

With that in mind, personally I would have a hard time not thinking it was her.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

DO NOT REPORT IT

Police are not your friend

If someone later finds it or steals it, you will claim you didn't even know it was missing

How do you know the whole thing isn't a police trap to begin with

I don't know how things are where you live but here police's job is to screw you in any way shape or form, to use any kind of honest mistake to do you in

Screw them. Think of yourself, where I live no good deed goes unpunished

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
There are a few thieves that specialize in breaking into homes and leaving no signs. these guys are expert lock smiths.

These thieves rarely ever go to jail because the break-ins are not found for weeks to months and sometimes years.

guns are very high on the list of what they take. but they do not take guns that are setting in the open very often.

They never break anything to get in and never leave signs they were there.

Thankfully they number less then 1 in 1000.

Get a gun safe and hide it.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: PizzaAnyday505

You must be a hoot at parties.

Go outside, get some fresh air, not everything is dooooooooooom.

Just like any other social interaction, if you treat police in a respectful, non-confrontational manner, they will return the favor. As I'm sure Shamrock can confirm, when they deal with [snip]heads the majority of time, a little kindness and human decency can go a long way.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

my marbles were lost during childhood. i have not played with them since. do tell how i am a danger

the easy answer is because you own deadly weapons that you cannot account for

I lose things all the time...just the other day i lost my keys...but then again my keys do not need a lock box of some description to be kept in just in case someone steals them
edit on 11-2-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Yep, report it stolen ASAP as others have said. Since it was already stolen and recovered once, and on file tied to your name in PD records... If it shows up at a crime scene, you'll be the first contact. A stolen property report, including date of last possession, could save you some major liabilities and headaches should the worst happen.

While if truly stolen, I wouldn't hold my breath on police recovering it. May show up at a pawn shop though, if you're lucky. Perhaps that explains the seemingly lax attitude you describe from your local LEO agencies. Try explaining to them that you're not seeking an investigation into recovery of property, just a written statement that it is reported as stolen by you, the owner, to protect yourself from any potential liabilities should the worst happen.

While i understand the idea of leaving a "critter gun" out and ready (anytime I spot skunks, possums or other varmints roaming around my back porch/property at night, I'll keep my inherited 870 Wingmaster propped up by the back door, ready to go chase 'em down
) as a responsible firearm owner, safe retention and security of those arms is solely your responsibility.

I easily built a pad-lockable, sturdy, wooden 3 long gun rack with grade 8 bolts mounting it to the wall through the studs. Overkill on mounting? Maybe, but its NOT going anywhere easily. A lot easier to get to my three go-to critter guns (.410 side by side cut to 18.5" barrels (for legality) loaded left side Buck/right side bird shot, early-70's 20ga 870 Wingmaster, and a Remington .22LR) from the rack, rather than cracking open the safe for my other goodies, which only see occasional range/hunting duty.

Best of luck to you, hope all works out well for you brother.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

The big problem with not reporting it stolen is if it is used in a crime, you will be blamed and rightfully so. As far as they are concerned it is still your gun. Report it to the police bro, and then call your insurance company and have them reimburse you.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

my marbles were lost during childhood. i have not played with them since. do tell how i am a danger

the easy answer is because you own deadly weapons that you cannot account for

I lose things all the time...just the other day i lost my keys...but then again my keys do not need a lock box of some description to be kept in just in case someone steals them

So it sounds like you are saying you would rather be in an auto accident than a shooting. Both are weapons and deadly tools.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join