It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Growing List of Congressmen Boycotting Netanyahu Address

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
It is damn right astounding that some people just don't get that.

more astounding is that ANYONE can support the lying, fraudulent, warmongering, corrupt mutation of a human that is netenyahu. the man is evil on legs.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The only people blinded by partisanship is those crying about congress, and Netanyahu.

It's not doing A DAMN THING it hasn't in the past.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

I see you posted a pic of Benny drawing a Hitler 'stache on Obama. Imagine the outrage of a satirical picture of him drawing a Hitler 'stache on Muhammad.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Yeah I removed it because it's not completely relevant...
(Besides highlighting Netanyahu's contempt for Obama)...

The one I kept there however is relevant though...
& highlights Netanyahu's contempt for America.
edit on 10-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Wow, that is possible:
Logan Act
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Logan Act
Great Seal of the United States
Long title An Act for the punishment of certain Crimes therein specified.
Enacted by the 5th United States Congress
Citations
Statutes at Large 1 Stat. 613
Codification
U.S.C. sections created 18 U.S.C. § 953
Legislative history
Signed into law by President John Adams on January 30, 1799
United States Supreme Court cases
United States v. Curtiss-Wright Export Corp.
v t e
The Logan Act (1 Stat. 613, 30 January 1799, currently codified at 18 U.S.C. § 953) is a United States federal law that forbids unauthorized citizens from negotiating with foreign governments. It was passed in 1799 and last amended in 1994. Violation of the Logan Act is a felony, punishable under federal law with imprisonment of up to three years.

The Act was intended to prohibit United States citizens without authority from interfering in relations between the United States and foreign governments. [1]

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I bet those who don't plan on attending, or don't show up on the day will be finding themselves in receipt of some rather nasty letters from the Pro-Israel / Pro-Zionists. I actually thought this was rather funny:

presstv.com...

“This is, I think, a critical visit by the prime minister. If these Democrats would rather put partisan politics ahead of principle and walk out on the prime minister of Israel, then we have an obligation to make that known,” said Matt Brooks, the executive director of the Republican Jewish Coalition, a political lobbying group which promotes Jewish Republicans.

“We will commit whatever resources we need to make sure that people are aware of the facts,” Brooks said. He did not specify what methods this campaign would use, but promised that his group would do whatever it can.

Other Zionist organizations are sending similar messages. “We will, of course, be publicly condemning any Democrats who don’t show up for the speech, unless they have a doctor’s note,” said Mort Klein, president of the Zionist Organization of America, a prominent pro-Israel group with 30,000 members.

“It’s really an anti-American, anti-patriotic position to take,” Klein added.

Seriously? This "Mort Klein" wants non-attendees to produce a doctors note if they don't show up?

Also, is it really anti-American or anti-patriotic to NOT listen a foreign leader? When did that happen?

I mean, do they all really want to be there to hear the same old crap about Iran that Nutty-Yahoo and others before him have been peddling for nearly 3 decades? I know there is the comic relief and anticipation surrounding another possible cartoon drawing from Bibi, like his last cartoon bomb doodle, but is that really worth getting out of bed for?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
He is going to back out...

This is just another way of making Obama look bad.

Obama looks bad just fine all on his own!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

The Logan Act doesn't apply.

Logan represented himself as a private citizen.

Us congressman are duly authorized to write legislation.

That's their jobs.

Someone coming here to speak to them is a non issue, and is not even comparable.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Boehner is an elected official and he not negotiating with Netanyahu.

Treaties with Israel already exist.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Hmmm, I wonder if when dozens of people don't attend if the House will fill the seats with stand-ins, like they do at the Academy Awards when someone goes to the bathroom.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I thought Net said that his point was to stop Obama negotiating with Iran. The last sentence says:

The Act was intended to prohibit United States citizens without authority from interfering in relations between the United States and foreign governments. [1]

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The Logan Act doesn't apply.

Logan represented himself as a private citizen.

Us congressman are duly authorized to write legislation.

That's their jobs.

Someone coming here to speak to them is a non issue, and is not even comparable.

US congressmen do not have authority when it comes to peace making with another government. That is the job of the President and the state dept. It is an issue when that persons purpose for coming here is to disrupt that peace making process.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Hope ends up addressing an empty hall.
He deserves it!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
I thought Net said that his point was to stop Obama negotiating with Iran. The last sentence says:

What "negotiating" is going to take place if Net talks in front of Congress?

fear of the unknown 1.1

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Yo US. and Israel already have peace treaties ?

Miss that ?

That was hilarious think Iran wants peace ?

LOOOOL.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

We already give him lots of money and war weapons, what else does he want to talk about?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

We already give him lots of money and war weapons, what else does he want to talk about?

I guess we'll be finding out soon enough eh.

If Obama had any marbles left in his head, he would be welcoming Net, not spitting at him.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I think Boehner will pay a terrible price for this act with the people. Obama did not start this one.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Who here wants to see a nuclear arms race in the middle east ?

Who wants to see a nuclear armed Iran, and a nuclear armed Saudi Arabia ?

The only thing that is standing in the way of that is the GOP, and that evil Isreali.

The president of course wants to give that a green light.

Perhaps that wouldn't be so bad if he hadn't cut ours down, while others are building new ones, and LOTS of them.

Ya think the middle east is effed up now ?

You ain't seen nothing yet.
edit on 10-2-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I think Boehner will pay a terrible price for this act with the people. Obama did not start this one.

Obama will pay a bigger price.

Most of the Jewish vote is Democrat.

Obama *DID* start this.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join