It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Growing List of Congressmen Boycotting Netanyahu Address

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Yeah, maybe it's starting to dawn on Congress that Netanyahu is just using discord & anti-Obama sentiment to bolster Israel & garner further sympathy...

Nothing about his agenda nor his speech would be beneficial to the Citizens whose Tax Money pays for his little Terror State to survive...

& only someone not putting the US's best interest first would even suggest such a thing...

What sort of person is this Boehner...
I've heard the name thrown about often but I can't be bothered to find out where he stands.

Aside from his obvious Zionist leanings.

per your first sentence, of course he (Netanyahu) is, but the surprising thing is that the republicans swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: crazyewok

This entire thread is a straw man since congress has invited people to speak there for centuries.

but hey who cares right ?

I actually do believe in free speech unlike some.

Yeah they have the right to invite people there to speak.

People also have the right to boycott that speech.

Free speech works both ways

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

No they do not.

They took an oath of affirmation.

“I, (name of Member), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God” (5 U.S.C. §3331).

clerk.house.gov...

Boycotting is putting their golden boy above the constitution of the United States, and protecting it from ALL enemies both FOREIGN, and domestic.

WITHOUT any mental reservation or purpose of EVASION.

The LEFT is purposely evading their duty as elected officials of this country.

Not out of doing the right thing, but because of petty politics.

edit on 10-2-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

but I can't be bothered to find out where he stands.

Is this your final statement to admit you want others to do your research?

Jokes aside ( well it's not a joke but even so....)

The Zionist lobby in the US welcome this genocidal elitist, more clear heads will recognise the cynicism and posturing. I think he'll bow out too, his cheap publicity stunt will backfire, this is just like his shameless posing when he invited himself to Paris and pushed to the front waving to his acolytes.
The man is pure100% scum.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Playing the game that my side is better than yours, its nice to see that republicans love having foreigners dictate there foreign policies.

More sons and daughter to sacrifice for the glory of israel.

But yea its them libtards fault as usual.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yo congress doesn't have to get permission from the Potus.

Forget just how, and why our system of government was set up?

Looks like.

I think you're the one forgetting how our government was setup and why. In fact, Boehner's actions might be tantamount to a violation of the Logan Act:

Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

This section shall not abridge the right of a citizen to apply himself, or his agent, to any foreign government, or the agents thereof, for redress of any injury which he may have sustained from such government or any of its agents or subjects.

The Executive branch has the exclusive right to negotiate with foreign entities under the US Constitution. Point of fact. What Boehner is doing is an intrusion. Even some Fox News hosts agreed that the whole thing was shocking.

From the Daily Caller:

“I found a quote today…this is from Martin Indyk, who’s a former Ambassador to Israel from the United States,” Smith told Wallace:

“Look at what he said: ‘Netanyahu is using the Republican Congress for a photo-op for his election campaign and the Republicans are using Bibi for their campaign against Obama…unfortunately, the U.S. relationship will take the hit. It would be far wiser for us to stay out of their politics and for them to stay out of ours.’”

“I think he’s 100 percent right,” Wallace told Smith.

“To make you get a sense of really how, forgive me, wicked this whole thing is. Secretary of State John Kerry met with the Israeli Ambassador to the United States for two hours on Tuesday, and Ron Dermer, the ambassador, according to the State Department, never mentioned the fact that Netanyahu was in negotiations,” Wallace continued

Has far reaching consequences.

Today, and years from now

You're right about one thing, there are far reaching consequences when the GOP-led Congress decides it can employ foreign leaders to influence foreign policy in clear contradiction to the powers vested by the Constitution.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

How many have they invited 2 weeks prior to a foreign election to come and speak out about talks the president is having with another country that that speaker just so happens to not really get along with?

This is meddling with peace talks, pretty sure that is a no no and you know it

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

So I"m going to ask, since you haven't replied yet.

Of all those, how many followed the appropriate protocols?

I don't much care for the back and forth anti left, anti right, anti Isreal, Pro Israel stuff, I wanna know whether or not they followed the established, proper protocol for inviting a foreign leader to speak in Congress.

This specific instance, seems to have violated the standard process. Yes or no?

If Yes, then how many others have their been? Same question if No actually.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

What I think people are forgetting is the church of climatology push for alternative energy technologies.

All the cool kids are doing it, but seem to sing a different tune when it comes to Iran, and it's nuclear program.

Seems to be one hell of a disconnect since the party what wants to boycott, and the Potus who will most likely veto, any sanctions to stop it.

Biggest GD cognitive dissonance I have seen yet.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Good for them.

The USA original was formed to be free of tyrants.

So a little tyrant like him should not be given the time of day.

Little tyrants like big tyrants like the GOP congress…

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

No it doesn't.

history.house.gov...'

Miss that ?

Did congress get permission from the left, and the president for the Popes visit ?

Nope.

BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE TO.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So your fear is that Congress is negotiating with Israel?

I think the Jewish-American vote is normally Democrat.

What a quandary.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

This procedure required either unanimous consent or resolution by the chamber that wished to receive the foreign leader.

That's from your source.

Was this done?

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Im happy to see how the right wing on ats are happy with selling there government to israel, maybe jesus will really come back and save them.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

As far as I know...

The ATS foreigners can't influence Congress with their opinions...

Neither are we genocidal despots scrounging your all important tax money that would be better spent on helping illegal immigrants in your country rather than outside of it...

I know, that will touch a nerve.

It's true though!

Snip.

Don't worry, those of us who are US residents can't influence Congress with our opinions either. Polls here in the US usually show congress with a 10% - 13% approval rating, and it doesn't mean a thing. A majority of them are millionaires who have premium health insurance. They don't give two sh!ts about their constituents. Yet the US sheeple keep voting and putting them in office.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Netanyahu has addressed congress before, now they want to raise a stink about it.

First few seconds.

www.cnn.com...

Back to BIBI-GATE.

Since congress is the legislative branch responsible for writing sanctions. Seems to me only natural for one to speak on the issue.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Fermy

Touché!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Most of you who get into these threads are severely biased and can't stick to the realities be fair and are really overly prone to demonizing one side or the other.

1: For starters the political bs and game playing has gone to far in America, any world leader should be able to address Congress and walking out and not hearing what is said is at best a useless action, these are the leaders of a nation which imho reasonably (most of the time) fought for it's way of life and killed a heck of a lot more people, maintains thousands of Nukes and occupies to a degree 100 nations not one on it's borders... I'm sorry but when you break this all down American internal politically correct banter against Israel is incredibly inappropriate, Israel is a nation however it happened it is a nation that has an ongoing legitimate (no matter what side your on) border dispute going on decades rockets are fired constantly, people die constantly... America invades for "It's" purposes nations all over the world constantly IF, IF Israel went all out on Palestine for what could be said may well be an "unresolvable" situation it wouldn't even be close to what America does, Like for example invading Iraq when Iraq had nothing to do with 9-11 there isn't even 1/5th as many lives to be lost in Palestine as we killed in Iraq and maybe we don't get names on the news but when you sew the ground with depleted Uranium yes, you have likely committed genocide on not one but multiple family/genetic lines of people, in reality to stop terror all the hell we had to do was stop passports, Israel is on a border with no room for any give...

Don't get me wrong, screw war period... I'm not taking a side or condoning, but Israel in a war no matter what side you take... is a War on a border, a real war, with 2 sides in a genuine conflict of peoples... we sail with roughly a dozen floating city states around the globe attacking people who really could never touch us....

2: The WEST created this not either Palestine or Israel, you have to stop the complete and utter BS of your own self defense and own responsibility, the British created this, the French armed it with Nukes and the US used the situation to keep a military foothold in an oil rich region... What Israel and Palestine are in REALITY are two groups of people in a small area and neither wants to die or be expelled and there are OBVIOUSLY forces on both sides sitting atop innocent people who wont god damn cooperate and put all the decent Israelis and Palestinians in harms way, even within the blame is MUTUAL and taking blatant sides is Hate for no reason and devolves into particular politics, biases and other useless emotions.

3: These Two people are in a "setup" Israel controls nothing, Palestine controls less than nothing and you should all be ashamed of yourselves for believing the nonsense you do... The TRUTH is that the power players are victimizing both and few nations ever propose solutions... REALITY even Qaddafi had come on in what one can call a degree of support for Israel and Egypt has been there to propose direct solutions including giving the Palestinians 10x more land to just move over literally a few miles and end this...

BUT... The rest of the Middle East the SAUDIS and the IRANIANS in particular have used this situation for their particular interests in regards to the Sunni and Shia divisions within islam and the West and the Russians have repeatedly used the situation for their Interests as well...

4: These things BEING the case, put the damn anger where it belongs, the division between Shia and Sunni, the conflict between Iran and Saudi Arabia, the Arms sale profiteering and Divisions between Russia and the West, the Actions of the victors of WW2 and everyone else that interferes in the ME over OIL

So cut the crap please....

The truth is there is nothing wrong with either the Palestinians or Israelis other than Irreconcilable (maybe) cultural differences in regards to sharing the same space the "solutions" assuming everyone respects the rights to live the way different cultures wish could be achieved in MONTHS, IF, The bigger players in the Game wanted to achieve it... these people are both Pawns in a Global game with THEIR lives at stake while NATO, RUSSIA, the SAUDS and IRAN use them as pawns in a much larger game.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

That's not what I asked you.

I asked, if they followed the protocol, listed in your source, as the means to do this address, WITHOUT raising a stink.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Like the Senate Democrats following protocol when they change the filibuster rules.

Doesn't matter in the slightest.

Congress is it's own sovereign power especially when it comes to legislation.

That is it's job. Not to get on it's knees to the executive.

After 5 years of the executive snubbing the House, now they take a supposed offense.

Look it up.

I don't care if they voted on it or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join