It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Jeffires view on gun control in America.... Discuss.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Afternoon ATS.....

Jim Jeffries is my favourite comedien..... And his views on gun control in the USA are amusing... And performed to an American crowd no less...

Please watch and discuss.... Let me know your thoughts?!

www.youtube.com...

PA

+22 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Not trying to be snide or a jerk, but gun control has been done to death and this thread will only open a lot of old wounds. It basically comes down to this: Most folks outside of the US don't get it and that's OK, we understand you prefer to not have guns in the hands of the public or have them so heavily regulated you may as well forget about owning one. That's fine. It's your country. Do what you like. This is my country, I am a gun owner, I am keeping them and that's the way it is.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Blah blah blah
Another sorry comedian using jokes to try,,ah forget it.
I want my guns. That's all the reason I need. Just like he said.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
regulations are always a good thing.
Guns have pretty much one function so we need to make sure they are given to the right people.
As for me, the idea is simple: better have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: PerfectAnomoly

I am perpetually amazed by the people of this world, next time you're out hugging a tree and a Grizzly Bear decides to make you lunch...don't worry, EXPLAIN how you just cannot condone violence while the bear digs in.

Weapons= tools

I am not foolish enough to beat my sword into a plow while criminals and foreign interests threaten the safety of my family, community and country.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
This was done before... overdone for my taste.... and not that long ago.
Onslaught's Jim Jeffries...ATS thread

Do we really have to do it again???

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Not trying to be snide or a jerk, but gun control has been done to death and this thread will only open a lot of old wounds. It basically comes down to this: Most folks outside of the US don't get it and that's OK, we understand you prefer to not have guns in the hands of the public or have them so heavily regulated you may as well forget about owning one. That's fine. It's your country. Do what you like. This is my country, I am a gun owner, I am keeping them and that's the way it is.

Well said!!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

As I've said be for, when asked about bear pepper spray. Pissed off bears just run faster, dead bears don't run at all.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I am pretty sure we Americans are the only ones left that recognise the facts of the world.

It is a dangerous violent place.

Pretending like it isn't won't save you.

I will keep my personal safety my personal responsibility.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder

How do I give anti-stars?

Because that was a major bigotted answer of yours!
Be happy that you live in a country where everyone needs weapons because everyone has weapons - this is not the same in other countries, thankfully.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder

I am pretty sure we Americans are the only ones left that recognise the facts of the world.

What a arrogant self centered comment.

I respect Americans right to bere arms as its your country and if that's what you want fine.

Just dont look down on other country's that decide to do things different.,

And just to add the USA is not the only country in the world to have lax gun control laws.
There are even EU countrys were gun control is nearly as lax or more lax than the USA.

So no its not a "american only" thing.
edit on 10-2-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

What's to discuss? It's just some guy performing a skit attempting to make folks laugh. Nothing more.

You want a serious discussion or are you just trolling us firearm owners in a piss poor attempt to get us riled up?

If you don't like firearms I am 100% cool with that. If you would like a rational conversation on the pro or con aspects of firearms, I'm 100% cool with that too. If you want to take some idiots midguided veiws as gospel and start an argument, you can pound sand.

So, what are/were your goals with this thread?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yup but everyone like picking on the US about. I have yet to see anyone give the other nations any grief about their lack of gun laws. Like I get tired of everyone pick on the UK over their tight gun control laws like they're also the only ones. It's not just the US in loose gun control laws and it's not just the UK in tight gun laws, there are other nation on this ball of dirt.

I blame both sides MSM yelling at each others.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

Be happy that you live in a country where everyone needs weapons because everyone has weapons - this is not the same in other countries, thankfully.

Yes because america is the only place with violence and murder....sure....you give antistars by not adressing me.

Bigoted?

Lol yes plz don't address me further, as I won't reply.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder

Yes because america is the only place with violence and murder....sure....you give antistars by not adressing me.

Bigoted?

Lol yes plz don't address me further, as I won't reply.

ETA: I see how it was you answering to another so I direct this post to the other guy.

But the USA is NOT the only place with violence and murder--therein lies the problems with these anti-USA gun owner screeds. Mexico has one of the highest murder rates in the western hemisphere and some of the strictest gun control laws. Where are the jokes about murder in Mexico?

ETA: Irony of a German complaining about another country's violence and supporting disarmament of citizens.
edit on 10-2-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Op
Take Notice
No one helping
to embed your video..

what Dik shill of a schtick

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I just don't think his argument was thought of well enough. I think he's listened to and reiterated a lot of points the MSM pushes all the while ignoring major facts about gun violence. I get that it's a skit and although it is such, it is still an argument. I am not entirely sure but im under the impression if we took the median of gun violence while excluding the top and bottom cities we'd be looking at a much different number.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Yurp we need our guns! the english and injuns ara commin!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
Yurp we need our guns! the english and injuns ara commin!

Are you afraid?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

See? This just illustrates how you don't understand.

I live in a country where everyone can have weapons and because of that I don't need weapons, but you don't understand why that is.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join