It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Big Bang? Quantum equation predicts universe has no beginning

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Cool so basically this is just more evidence that scientists have absolutely no clue how the universe came to be or how long its been around.

Still trying to wrap my brain around how something infinite can expand.

edit on 6-3-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

It potentially is because how we define infinity is part of a fractal and not infinite.

Any thoughts?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I've always been comfortable with the universe being timeless/infinite. It just makes sense. We can understand as much as possible, but there's always more to know. Otherwise life would be pointless. Life would have destroyed itself a long time ago after figuring out there's no reason to exists. I just hope interstellar travel is here before I die and go on to the next dimension.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai
a reply to: Bone75

It potentially is because how we define infinity is part of a fractal and not infinite.

Any thoughts?

I agree you say we because who ever you People are define infinte through finite.

But what i dont understand is how that is even possible. By definition finite is not infinite.... not even fractal infinite.
Its just Math what you are refering to. Theory and reality are im many cases two different worlds.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Exactly infinity is a math problem and in example, it is what happens when we try to understand a black hole.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I'm still trying to come to terms with not having an answer to: what is the universe inside or part of?

The whole concept of it just being it and being infinite yet not quite anyways, is blowing my mind.
I really hope returning to the state of pure energy at some point will shed some light on this (pun intended), although, I get the feeling that once we are pure energy again, we don't really think about or care what and what is not the universe.

The human vessel is weird

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: flice

The Universe is part of everything and given matter is a separate part of everything?

The idea of separateness
and individuality are expressions of the same thing at some other perspective.

Any thoughts?

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join