It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If this is true, heads should roll !!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
How long are we going to tolerate senators and congressmen who divulge our most closely-held secrets to the public in search of cheap political gain?

We have laws that make those leaks serious federal crimes.

We're spending enormous resources on finding out who leaked Valerie Plame's identity as a CIA agent to the press.

Leaks that are vastly more important -- and which should be pursued with no less determination and resources -- are regularly ignored because the culprits are sitting members of Congress.

These leakers should be thrown out of office and prosecuted!

www.spectator.org...

Three members of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence have apparently committed a very serious crime by blabbing about a highly-classified satellite program to the press last week. If these men actually did what it appears they did, we ought to throw the book at 'em for divulging one of our most-protected secrets: stealthy reconnaissance satellites.

As a result of their revelations to the public and the press, three U.S. Senators -- Sens. Jay Rockefeller (D-W.Va.), who's also the ranking Dem on the Senate Intelligence Committee, Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) and Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) -- are the subject of a "criminal referral" made on Monday for speaking publicly about this satellite.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Nothing is going to happen to the blessed utra-libs named here. And I suspect few libs on ATS will post anything either.....doesn't fit the "template". Can't blame GW.

But these A-holios should PAY.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1

We're spending enormous resources on finding out who leaked Valerie Plame's identity as a CIA agent to the press.

You made me spit out my coffee! Thanks SIRR1, I needed a good laugh to start my day!

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Why would anyone expect Congresspeople to be responsible for themselves in their positions? Congresspeople have no knowledge or experience concerning national security...

Just look at Orrin Hatch. He divulged classified information to the press, and then his 'security' team got caught hacking RNC computers and sites. Nothing will ever happen to him. He's even thinking of putting out another Christmas album.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Nothing is going to happen to the blessed utra-libs named here. And I suspect few libs on ATS will post anything either.....doesn't fit the "template". Can't blame GW.

But these A-holios should PAY.

Why should they "pay" again? For whistleblowing?

Even this partisan article admits why they were talking about it.

Wyden's statement, quoted in the Sunday New York Times, not only talked about the satellite system but demagogued its price. According to the Times, Wyden -- whose Pentagon and defense industry-bashing skills were developed in years of service as one of John Dingell's minions on the House Energy and Commerce Committee -- "did not mention Lockheed, but he expressed concern about the rapidly escalating cost of the satellite program and the way in which the contractor was selected."

So is it Republicans intention to just label all their overpriced projects for pet contractors matters of national security so our elected officials charged with watching over budgets can't even question, investigate or blow the whistle on potential military-industrial corruption?

What ever happened to the good Republicans like Ike?

Anyway, you've got a problem with this? Too bad. Your party doesn't as the article complains.

The biggest problem right now is that Senate Majority Leader Sen. Bill Frist (R-Tenn.) is treating the whole matter with a big yawn. A Congressional source told me that Frist was doing precisely nothing to help the administration deal with what may be the most serious violation of security laws in the Senate in years. What is Frist thinking?

Why don't you vote him out of office? Or all the other Republicans not doing anything about it? Ever think maybe they know something? Or maybe know better? Maybe they're hiding something here themselves...very much to Wyden's point!

There are few "accidental" leaks in governemnt. Most are done with intent of purpose. And contrary to this articles cutesy patootsey labeling of these men as traitors, I assure you the intent was not to alert Iran of some advanced program only a few thousand Lockheed employees know about.

As vindictive and authoritarian as the Republican majority is lately, if there was anything they could do about this "warning shot" from Dems...they would. Their silence speaks more volumes than all the chest beating and feigned outrage in the world though.

There's something very dirty just under the surface here and Republicans aren't stirring the pot for a reason.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The fact is, only an idiot would think we wernt working on this tech anyway. It really wasnt a divulgence of information. It was more of a conformation. This happens all the time. This is just another excuse for conservatives to bash the Liberals

And people wonder why there is such a huge political divide in this country

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Yeah, great job trying to persecute our representatives, working on our behalf, to make sure our tax dollars are maybe spent a little more wisely.

You have to wonder the motivation behind these posts/articles when they accuse someone of leaking information. These officials were trying to bring an issue to light that was not in American's best interests, they did not give any specifications other than it was a recon sattelite program that they thought was unnecessary and maybe the contracting process was corrupted. Republican or not, I would think that you would want incidinces of the bureaucratic raking of Americans to be brought to light.

Do you honestly think that some guy saying that we bugged Usama's cell phone really made a difference in anything? Do you think that Usama didn't think of that? Do you think the rest of the world believes that the U.S. doesn't have spy sattelites? Come on guys, stop the partisan propaganda-spreading-hatred and learn to unite for a true cause, not one that is spoon-fed to you! I know you believe that you're being "patriots", but all you're doing is trying to support a divide over something these people were actually trying to bring to light to help us, not hurt us.

[edit on 12/16/2004 by ledbedder20]

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   
In my opinion a government keeping a secret from its citizens is bad.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 04:12 AM
link   
watch Jackass the movie, if youir driink

new topics

top topics

join