It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm From South Africa And We Are Facing An Imminent National Power Grid Full Shutdown...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

Lol so true! As Spock would say a white person living in a country surrounded by Zulu warriors is illogical!😄😄😄

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
That's no good, sux to hear about the power issues.

Just a small contribution...

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Not surprised at all, phone, power, agriculture, health services all going down hill....don't need to be a genius to know why neither

prediction 70 years from now SA will be a dump, a very expensive dump!
edit on 11-2-2015 by rowanflame because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I'm sorry but this thread has me laughing a lot.

Surrounded by Zulus lol... The power is about to go out.

You come to ATS for help...

Hide in a pond with a straw, surf the hell to Antarctica, pack your kids in a box and Fed Ex them to Canada.... Just get moving, the last freakin thing i'd be doing is sitting on the Internet lol.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Laugh all you want. We had people in rural areas without power for months. And FYI 48 hours would have been a blessing but every home in North Carolina, Virginia, Delaware and half the homes in Maryland were without power. The landscape looked like a war zone. Some were restored in the first week after the storm. Most were out for a minimum of two weeks and like I said some were out for months. I think it's a fair comparison. If you can't see that oh well.
The point was and is that civil war didn't break out and in fact this brought neighborhoods together not just in clean up but in providing ice or fresh water both of which were in short supply and by that I mean nonexistent. No deliveries were happening because roads were blocked by fallen trees.

If you think that is even remotely close to what would happen to Africa (not just South Africa) if Eskom goes down, you have led a very sheltered and luxurious life.

Oh my, your house lights didn't work for a couple of days...

You still had functioning hospitals, you still had functioning emergency services, and you had more than half of a continent ready and available, to move the required equipment for repairs, immediately.

Like I stated, critical infrastructure has never dropped for more than 48 hours, in North America.

Eskom goes down, most of the southern half of Africa (not just South Africa) goes dark. With almost zero for backup systems, and days away from even basic assistance, let alone heavy assistance.

There is nothing comparable in North American history.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND
a reply to: fakedirt

A neighbor of mine is installing 2x rainwater catching jojo plastic tanks 6000 litres each and fitting his house with solar panels but the cheepest quote he got is R250 000 (that's like $25 000 dollars) solar here is pricey.

I've got candels, water, food, matches, female hygine goods (for wife), lots of household bleech and I'm making a bicycle powered generator for small stuff.

I will buy one or two small solar powered lights at about R60 ea (around $6) oh and a battery powered radio

Thanks for the advice

Solar power is rubbish anyway, get a wind turbine, they are not that expensive and you can buy them in kit form. If your smart you can make one yourself (not that hard). They used to sell kits on ebay
edit on 11-2-2015 by rowanflame because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

I also think its a black flag event and the zionists who control earth are doing a controlled social experiment to push their agenda.

No its just things were let go to hell since the Mandellas were allowed to control the country. It Africa and all the smart people who could got out of SA when Mandela was given the country. We have plenty of the lazy types we have to deal with here in the U.S. lol. They now run the country. You know its bad when you call up Verizon billing and you get a drunk Black lady slurring her words as you can hear the others in the background having a party at work. Thankfully she actually passed out on the phone so I could call her supervisor and hopefully get her and them fired. Our country is going in the crapper right along with the rest of them.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Hey guys... I'm also a South African.

Funny enough, I was going to start a thread, and then saw this.
I got load-shedded twice today - load shedding is done in four stages, depending on the load on the power grid.

First time round 14:00, I didn't even realise load-shedding was in progress again this week; then got seriously annoyed at 20:00 when Eskom randomly decided to jump to stage 2 without telling anyone...

Luckily I decided to braai for supper anyway, so that worked out

There is a silver lining though (thought you might not see it in the dark)... Firstly, this:

And also... Our local elections are being held next year, and this will not reflect well on the ANC. The grid-problem is directly linked to our corrupt government (they were warned to increase capacity and maintenance, years ago - instead they systematically funneled our tax money into their and their cadres' pockets).

Zuma's time is running out - Zille

Blackouts force SA to cut reliance on Eskom

edit on 11-2-2015 by StrangeCottageCheese because: Reduced image sizes

edit on 11-2-2015 by StrangeCottageCheese because: Added second link

edit on 11-2-2015 by StrangeCottageCheese because: Cleared up some text

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
What's the difference between the Titanic and South Africa?

When the Titanic went down, the lights were still on!

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Someone should put a live video link up of SONA. ill tryi ill probably forget.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhit
I'm sorry but this thread has me laughing a lot.

Surrounded by Zulus lol... The power is about to go out.

You come to ATS for help...

Hide in a pond with a straw, surf the hell to Antarctica, pack your kids in a box and Fed Ex them to Canada.... Just get moving, the last freakin thing i'd be doing is sitting on the Internet lol.
how is this any different from the american fear mongering threads?

"Boohoo those fema camps are out to get me"
"The TSA lady looked at me funny today"
"Ooohhh our freeedoms"
edit on 11-2-2015 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
what people fail to understand is that apartheid ended because the cold war ended. the apartheid government dd not have backing from the west anymore and the soviets were not the uniting force amongst black people anymore, so the early nineties a civil war in south africa was brewing amongst black people.

So there wouldnt be a race war, if the people lost power it will be everyone for themselves, blacks (zulus, xhosas, sothos etc) wont target white people as a whole, they will target eachother first. As per every conflict in Africa... ever.
edit on 11-2-2015 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18993391]kykweer[/post

Well for starters i'm not surrounded by Zulus with the power about to go out.

That's

A: Potentially Imminent
B: There's a hell of a lot more reason and incentive to kill a Caucasian than any reason any govt agency is coming for me
C: There are 11 Million Zulus alone not to mention countless other angry Africans while the Govt couldn't even begin to muster 1 troop per 200 Americans (we aren't out numbered)

And...

D: Get the hell out of South Africa lol, a decade ago, longer, we can sit here in America with our multicultural, tv talk show, happy, happy, equality integration bs and theorize all day about a govt that let's us lol... But The Africans are going to freakin slaughter these guys one day, it's one thing to have a "history" of doing something wrong to a people as we do in America when you A: dominated the fight B: Dominate by numbers C: aren't in Africa after the fact lol... But these guys are going to get slaughtered one day.

This isn't a "Conspiracy theory" rofl... This is a guy out numbered by a really angry set of people in a nation that is seriously inevitably sliding into chaos with Very FRESH grudges present not a 130 yr old civil war... and he knows damn well what might happen if the lights go out...

Why don't you ask how it's different for a Ukrainian or Palestinian right now... One is paranoid conjecture without a very realistic capacity to commit the action the other is a nightmare scenario in a genuinely crazy place.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: kykweer
what people fail to understand is that apartheid ended because the cold war ended. the apartheid government dd not have backing from the west anymore and the soviets were not the uniting force amongst black people anymore, so the early nineties a civil war in south africa was brewing amongst black people.

So there wouldnt be a race war, if the people lost power it will be everyone for themselves, blacks (zulus, xhosas, sothos etc) wont target white people as a whole, they will target eachother first. As per every conflict in Africa... ever.

And your Indian name shall be "one without clue." Apartheid was already ending in 1988. Oppenheimer was pushing the ANC into power. I was there, Magnus and I had an argument about this back in 88. Then in 89, the IMF extorted the SA government with the threat of collapsing the economy by flooding the market with russian diamonds. The reserve bank bought them up and then the IMF threatened flooding the market with gold, which the economy couldn't take. Our bought asshole, deKlerk capitulated and handed over the reigns to the ANC per the IMF's wishes over the next 4 years and released mandela in 1990 (the terrorist who went to russia for 2 years of marxist indoctrination) and then followed the general elections in 1994, with a voting base of uninformed emotionally whipped up idiots and the rest is history.

South Africa is pooched. Last businessman out, please turn off the lights (if there's any power left).

Cheers - Dave
edit on 2/12.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Same here in my country man. The loadshedding schedule is calculated not by how many hours lights is going but by how many hours the government is supplying the power to us and that is 5 or 6 hours per day ..

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND
Because The $**«\* Utility Company Neglected To Do Its Proper Maintenance For Years!

mybroadband.co.za...
Google:possible power grid failure in South Africa

There are controlled rolling blackouts here everyday called load shedding and every area gets load shedded officially for up to two hours but some people are complaining they get it up to twelve hours at a time!

They are trying to protect our nations power grid from a system failure and a full system shutdown! If this happens it could take up to four weeks to restart the grid. We could be without power for up to four weeks in a nation where the majority of our indigenous population still live in townships which are basically glorified squatter camps and they are waiting for a chance (I think) to do to us what happened in Zimbabwe.

I pray my faith in Christ takes me and my family through this.

I've stockpiled some clean water and busy stockpiling some food and candles in case the lights do go out but still there are millions of poverty stricken (Zulus) in squatter camps all over the country. If our grid fails there will be a bloody and savage civil war here which might not even end when the lights come back on again.

I also think its a black flag event and the zionists who control earth are doing a controlled social experiment to push their agenda.

I am afraid but I won't lose my faith in Christ.

So in case the grid here goes down I just wanted to say thanks to everyone at ATS for putting up with me here, its been fun.

I pray it doesn't happen and so is the rest of our country.

God speed.

Same here in my country man. The loadshedding schedule is calculated not by how many hours lights is going but by how many hours the government is supplying the power to us and that is 5 or 6 hours per day ..

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

originally posted by: kykweer

And your Indian name shall be "one without clue." Apartheid was already ending in 1988. Oppenheimer was pushing the ANC into power. I was there, Magnus and I had an argument about this back in 88. Then in 89, the IMF extorted the SA government with the threat of collapsing the economy by flooding the market with russian diamonds. The replace because the commie enemy bank bought them up and then the IMF threatened flooding the market with gold, which the economy couldn't take. Our bought asshole, deKlerk capitulated and handed over the reigns to the ANC per the IMF's wishes over the next 4 years and released mandela in 1990 (the terrorist who went to russia for 2 years of marxist indoctrination) and then followed the general elections in 1994, with a voting base of uninformed emotionally whipped up idiots and the rest is history.

South Africa is pooched. Last businessman out, please turn off the lights (if there's any power left).

Cheers - Dave
i fail to see where you deny there was a link between the cold war ending and apartheid ending. The ussr started disintegrating in 1987. The west simply turned their back on the apartheid gov and de klerk was between a rock and a hard place because there was no common commie enemy anymore.
edit on 12-2-2015 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePublicEnemyNo1
You replied to another poster claiming "THE BLACK PEOPLE IN YOUR COUNTRY"...whooooooaaaaaaaa!!!!!
Let me stop you right there, if you're a white South African, Africa is not your country unless you're referring to the beginnings of mankind which you share much DNA with!!!!!!! You need to get off your ridiculous high horse my friend. Are you serious? Your country? When did a land your ancestors don't originate from become your country? I believe in history and how things came to be the way they are, but you're taking it to a whole new level by saying..."The Blacks in My Country can't do this, can't do that". I hope you're a "Black African" speaking about what you perceive to be your idiotic countrymen when speaking in reference to YOUR COUNTRY, because AFRICA IS NOT YOUR COUNTRY. europe is your homeland homeboy, so make your ridiculous petty references to your people....not AFRICA. In case you forgot, AFRICA is a continent that BLACK PEOPLE hail from. Always has and always will be for hundreds of thousands of years. Get it right!

Anyway, I'm obviously speaking to an incredibly ignorant person or someone so incredibly stupid that they think that Africa belongs to them (Being non BLACK...that's you...cause it ain't me). You're so out of line it's not even funny.

If you're so freaking unhappy with the black people in "your country", why don't you travel a bit north...way north and find your "True Roots" and travel back to europe (Yeah, that sounds ridiculous does it not?) I can think of millions of blacks that would fight you for a seat getting back to Africa. You have a serious superiority complex, insensitive and you're ignorant on top of that.

Your country? What have you ever done to improve the living conditions outside of YOUR house? You're a joke at best and if this comment of yours made notice to the rest of your community in the BLACK SOUTH AFRICA that you're a guest in, I guarantee, your cowardly @$$ would be out of South Africa in a millisecond...running!

Don't forget where you are...you're living in the land of the African...not europe! If you don't like it, you can get to stepping.......fast!!!!!!! Oh, that's right, the South Africans would probably catch your sorry @$$ before you leave the comfort of your gates! They can run faster than you I bet. Coward! Do you step outside the comfort of your home and convey these emotional issues you have with those that maintain your power lines? I didn't think so. Oh yeah, that's right, they're probably BLACK! You wouldn't dare speak this way in such a disrespectful manner. You would never get service if you did...lmfao!

you ignorant imbecile! You equating Africa to belonging to you is like an African that claims europe belongs to them. Doesn't seem right does it? Nope!

Huh!!!! I wonder why?

Are Europeans entitled to tell all the blacks and asians that they aren't welcome and gleefully tell them to leave? Are we just supposed to stick to areas where our race developed? European whites are called racists when they dislike Asians and blacks being in their country, but it evidently doesn't go both ways. Hypocrisy is not an answer to anything.

Your ideas are incredibly racist. If you are born somewhere, live there, work there, it's your country. I don't care what color or anything someone is. A person of mexican descent born in the US, the US is their country. A black person born in the UK, the UK is their country. A white person born in SA, SA is their country. We are all PEOPLE and this world will continue going to chit until people with your disgusting mentality are a distant and unhappy memory.

Stop blaming people for things they not only had no control of, but weren't even alive to see. You can't demand that blacks stop being judged for being black unless you also demand that whites stop being judged for being white.

We are citizens of the planet called Earth, this backwards bullchit of "you can't be here because you're the wrong color" needs to stop on ALL sides.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
What everybody don't seem to understand about South Africa is that the Black People were NOT the indigenous people.

The earliest representatives of South Africa's diversity – at least the earliest we can name – were the San and Khoekhoe peoples (otherwise known individually as the Bushmen and Hottentots or Khoikhoi; collectively called the Khoisan). Both were resident in the southern tip of the continent for thousands of years before its written history began with the arrival of European seafarers.

Info @ South African History

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: tiberius10721
a reply to: Flesh699

If I was a white person living in South Africa I would immigrate out of there especially if I had a family to protect! Sometimes your best sense is your common sense!

Seriously???? You would run?? I was born and razed here, as was my grand father and his grand father. This IS my country, i am a white African. I will not run or hide. I will fight for my country first. I dont discriminate against anyone accept against corrupt official and criminals.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join