It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm From South Africa And We Are Facing An Imminent National Power Grid Full Shutdown...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
What is the ANC government doing about this power problem?

Blaming the white man, I assume.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

Is Eskom still a public company or have they been sold off to some IMF associated scumbag corporation? What's going on with thermals and reactors like Kendall, Edenvale/Thembesie, Koeberg, Standardton, Mac, etc? Is Rand Water effected by the brownouts or are they safe being a sister utility an all that?

I am surprised there are not more problems, especially with the "live" theft (live for a little bit till the thief turns crispy LOL) of power line cables. I remember when they started doing that with railway rails as well, can you say oops? Best thing to do is to talk to (little Nicky, similar to the movie, you know retarded son of the devil) Nicky Oppenheimer, after all he's the one who set this crap in motion for the IMF, had mandela released and brought the ANC to power. He even admitted he was the "engine" behind the ANC.

If your not an Afrikaaner, then you made your own bed. If you are an Afrikaaner, I feel bad for you.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc
Well exactly, creative excuses are on the top of the agenda.
President Zuma has recently blamed apartheid, or even Jan Van Riebeeck (the guy in charge of building the first refreshment station at the Cape of Good Hope in 1652 under the Dutch East India Company).

Otherwise here's a Wikipedia entry on ESKOM that explains more.
en.wikipedia.org...

This article also summarizes much (and links to more on the issue).
The technicalities are hard to explain to the world, and even South Africans are given few facts.
mybroadband.co.za...
Also: www.news24.com...

We've heard of more nuclear power station deals with Russia, and the almost inhumanly possible fast-tracking of new power stations.
These are estimated to be ten years behind what is needed.
Meanwhile older ones are neglected and collapsing.
Electricity tariffs are going up by 13 percent a year, while a significant chunk of the population simply steal electricity from the grid, because they feel it is their right (they say the ANC promised them free electricity in 1994).

On a small positive note, there has been some growth of alternative energy, like solar power, and many of the RDP houses now built in out province can at least get hot water from solar panels.

edit on 10-2-2015 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Hi bud, sorry I had to laugh. #1 yes the indiginous people have the government now. #2 yes max profit for min maintenance but white squatter camps? No bud, no white squatter camps. The only indiginous who's lives got better when they won the election were those in the government. No 'whites were put out on the street'.

There are still millions and millions of poverty stricken indiginous people in squatter camps all over the country waiting with baited breath for a chance to take over if something like the grid goes down for a few weeks happens. They have nothing and I mean literally nothing to lose.

Prayer and faith are all I have left.

You got no passport? Or you got no imagination? Who do you think is going to bail you out when the genocide starts? Obama? Hilary Clinton?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

originally posted by: peck420

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
a reply to: kykweer

When thousands of trees need to be cleared and thousands of miles of wire needs to be strung no amount of loaner power is going to help.
Isabel struck hard after a very wet summer. Trees fell like dominoes. North Carolina Virginia and Delaware and part of Maryland were without power. We could see the milkey way at night it was so dark.
Some people I know had electric pumps on wells so they were without electricity and water.
I understand its different there but still 14 days? It's nothing. But civil war will break out?

Comparing an incident where power to critical infrastructure was down for 48 hours or less to one where critical infrastructure could be down for 2 weeks is laughable.
I dont even know where to start, comparing a thousand trees and miles of wire to getting a power boost from a completely different continent? or at the least thousands of miles away.

mg.co.za...

Zille said that if the national power grid was hit with a blackout, a “huge amount” of electricity would need to be sourced from elsewhere to restart the grid. “This is not available from any of our neighbours.”

Asked about the validity of Zille’s claim and to what extent Eskom has planned for this possibility, aside from implementing power cuts as a preventative measure, the parastatal would not disclose details.”

not so much worried about civil war, it is more likely the fear of looters and general lawlesness.
edit on 10-2-2015 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Google: Township (South Africa) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hi my friend

Yes there are 400,000 white squatters in South Africa (less than half a million)and they are considered a novelty and they are in Joburg and Cape Town, but here is a list of indigenous peoples squatter camps with:

1. Squatter camp name
2. Population of squatter camp &
3. City of squatter camp

(Sorry best I could do with copy and paste but please follow the link ans look under largest South African townships)

These are facts and they scare me. These are ALL black locations NOT white! NOTE: if a white person were to find themselves in one of these places at night they would be raped, tortured and killed. If in South Africa DO NOT go into a black township alone at night! What if they decided to revolt?

Largest townships in South Africa at the time of the 2011 census:

Township Population Neighbouring city/town

Soweto 1,271,628 Johannesburg
Tembisa 463,109 Kempton Park
Katlehong 407,294 Alberton
Umlazi 404,811 Durban
Soshanguve 403,162 Pretoria
Khayelitsha 391,749 Cape Town
Mamelodi 334,577 Pretoria
Mitchell's Plain 310,485 Cape Town (former Coloured township)
Ibhayi 237,799 Port Elizabeth
Sebokeng 218,515 Vanderbijlpark
Mangaung 217,076 Bloemfontein
Ivory Park 184,383 Midrand
Botshabelo 181,712 Bloemfontein
Alexandra 179,624 Johannesburg
Kwa-Mashu 175,663 Durban
Vosloorus 163,216 Boksburg
Mdantsane 156,835 East London
Etwatwa 151,866 Benoni
Meadowlands 138,354 Roodepoort
Tsakane 135,994 Brakpan
Thabong 135,613 Welkom
Evaton 132,851 Vanderbijlpark

Township Population Neighbouring city/town

Daveyton 127,967 Benoni
Ntuzuma 125,394 Madadeni
Embalenhle 118,889 Secunda
Kagiso 115,802 Krugersdorp
Mabopane 110,972 Pretoria
Saulsville 105,208 Pretoria
Jouberton 104,977 Klerksdorp
Thokoza 105,827 Alberton
KwaThema 99,517 Springs, Gauteng
Guguletu 98,468 Cape Town
Diepsloot 95,067 Johannesburg
Ga-Rankuwa 90,945 Pretoria
Kwanobuhle 87,585 Uitenhage
Seshego 83,863 Pietersburg
Msogwaba 82,509 Nelspruit
Edendale 79,573 Pietermaritzburg
Osizweni 77,845 Newcastle
Orange Farm 76,767 Johannesburg
Hlubi 73,931 Newcastle
Duduza 73,295 Nigel, Gauteng
Mpumalanga 62,406 Pinetown
Sharpeville 37,599 Vereeniging
Imbali 30,157 Pietermaritzburg

These are just the largest ones but there are hundreds and hundreds of smaller ones all over South Africa also.

edit on 2/10/2015 by HD3DSURROUNDSOUND because: try to fix broken link

edit on 2/10/2015 by HD3DSURROUNDSOUND because: broken link taken out

edit on 2/10/2015 by HD3DSURROUNDSOUND because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

hey boet, dont tell me you are a shark supporter

I think those stats are a little skewed? does soweto have 1.2 million people living in informal settlements?

I once heard diepsloot was the biggest informal settlement, but I have no idea.

this also on wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Slovo,_Cape_Town

Joe Slovo is an informal settlement in Langa, Cape Town. Like many other informal settlements, it was named after former housing minister and Anti-Apartheid activist, Joe Slovo. With over 20,000 residents, Joe Slovo is one of the largest informal settlements in South Africa.[

A township does not equal a squatter kamp, as in extreme poverty.

eitherway I get your point, looting inside the townships is out of conytol. and even if the army got called in they will loot along with them.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: kykweer

Soweto 1,271,628 Johannesburg
Diepsloot 95,067 Johannesburg

Hey my cousie!

Hoe gaan dit? Ya go sharks and Bokke!

So what are you doing to prepare for 'uhuru - night of the long knives?,

I've got prayer and a few supplies, you know it could be tomorrow (or any day from now till 2019)

Are you getting out?

I'm trapped.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

So what are you doing to prepare for 'uhuru - night of the long knives?

I had wondered if anyone would bring (uhuru which has been long rumored) up.. Looking at some of the history of the African continent all I can say is I would be super prepping and concerned too.. Didn't the ANC make everyone turn in their guns ?

Indigenous people give me a frigging break ! When South Africa was a true rising 1st world country and just about the only place a fellow could get a paying job mobs of people from all over Africa flocked to the South African state for better living conditions and the possibility of gainful employment. Were there abuses by the white owned businesses, Yep, was it a better system for the many regardless of color than they have now, yep.

I don't live there so take what I say with a grain of salt but IMO with the tribalism that is still held above qualifications when positions are filled and the typical corruption by politicos lining their pockets with the largess of the tax funds and kick backs it really is a bad situation.. Feel for you and your family ... Who would have thought back in the 70s South Africa could fall so far ?

I was told in 1979 by some South African friends that the country was headed for

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

MAYHEM !

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

So how is your country failing to manage its power grid caused by jewish people?

Jeez. Take the tinfoil off your head.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ObjectZero

First off good luck to you, be safe.

Yup could be a testing ground to see what happens when a mass system fault happens. Problem is I don't think it would work as a good vision at what would have all over the world. The systems are run different all over the world. Some would take a lot more to shut down.

That's happened a couple of times. Way back in 1989 there was large solar flare that hit Earth. Impressive in Scotland - we could listen to Norwegian FM radio stations and had a Northern Lights show that lasted hours. On the USA/Canadian side, it wasn't so good - they had a massive power outage.

Silicon Valley once had an area wide power failure when some power workers accidentally "earthed" the entire grid before isolating that particular segment of the power grid. The whole area suffered a blackout during the day.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Industrial infrastructure collapses, oppressed indigenous population reclaims the country.

I dunno, I don't really see a problem with that. It waxes justice poetic, even. The fact that revolution is a real possibility as a result of technological failure speaks volumes about the power (no pun intended) structures at work not only in the subjugation of the indigenous population, but also in the unhealthy dependence on technology in the western world.

but the government is marxist.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod

You think they'll live in peace after having wiped out all the white people?

I didn't mention race at all (you did). Nor did I say anything of government.

What difference does it make if the "indigenous population" is in control of the government, if that government is based on social models antithetical to their own heritage? Models that usurped their cultures and turned them into poor people, whereas they may otherwise have never even developed a word for "poor".

Their culture, regardless of which racial or other subgroup is in control of the government, is now held hostage to such foreign ideologies as real estate and international banking. Technology is largely a byproduct of these systems (a symbol of them, if you will), so when the power goes out and all hell breaks loose, I can't help but note the irony of it all:

Technology, once used to subjugate the population, is now a crutch on which the whole mess rests. It shows that after all this time, not much has really changed. The technology is still being used to oppress the "poor", as is plainly evident by the OP's fear of what might happen when the lights go out.

I wouldn't want to be a guard when the inmates take over the prison either.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

all you have to do to understand all this is study the history of communism. people are told that it will result in a fair and equitable form of government, but the details of how that happens are left out. the fair and equitable part is fueled by genocide, theft and the enslavement of the working class that survives the purges.

in capitalism you are enslaved but your chains are very long, so you have a great deal of freedom. in communism, the chains are very short and you find out rapidly, that you are a slave, no bones about it.
edit on 10-2-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Wow, sorry to hear of your dilemma.

Probably your best solution, is to sell up everything, get your family on a plane and travel 4-5000 miles due East, and land in a modern country, as soon as you can.

Your rand is worth diddley squat, but while you're still there, buy up as many OZ Falcon Fairmont GTs, Valiant Barracudas, Valiant Chargers (Dusters), Chev SS (Monaros), Capri V6s and other Oz RHD classic cars and bring them over with you...10-20 of them should give you nearly 100K profit. Not pommie cars or Euros or US LHD cars. we have plenty.

Then live here in peace and freedom and build a life for your family.
Oh, our home roof solar panels systems cost from around $900.00 for a 1kw systems.
Good to see Seth Africa has solar hot water, we have had it for 35+ years.
All the best, I hope thing get better for people over there.
And to think, Sth Africa had the Nuclear bomb at one stage ........

edit on 10-2-2015 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I'm sorry to hear about the situation you & your family are in, are you able to buy a generator? We have one & we had our power out in storms for a few days & it kept our fridge & freezer & a portable fluro light going. I would also think about home security situations like this don't bring out the best in the human race. I wish you & yours the best & hope you all get through this safely.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
bro pleease, dont take the risk just come to the states man. There are parts in Southern Texas that come very close to looking like parts of South Africa. Cant we write to the white house and just ask them to grant everyone asylum to move here from SA?? If Cubans can get a free ride, surely we can help South Africans out of this rut when the power fails and crime becomes the fastest growing industry?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther
The black agricultural tribes who moved down to South Africa since the 9th century and are now running the ANC were not egalitarian.

They had kings and royal families, rich people and poor folk.

Just look up the monarchy of Swaziland, which is a small independent country today, mostly within South Africa.

South Africa always had good technology, and it wasn't colonized yesterday.
Our tribal chiefs and royalty always received handsome state salaries, and still do today.

However the system that the king, or the party elite (most of them related to royalty) can take what they want while other people starve bedevils Africa, just as much as neo-liberal economics.

The ANC is democratic, but what will happen when the people really want to vote them out, like Mugabe in Zimbabwe?

In fact, tribal African culture is very authoritarian and disciplinarian, and everybody knows their place.
Woe to the person who steps out of bounds.

Conservatives will say Africa was fine until white liberals got hold of it and turned it into anarchy.
Yet disobedience campaigns and disobeying the chiefs who weren't compliant with the Marxist liberation movements became crucial for revolutionary purposes.
The revolutionary movements were also totalitarian, and ran gulags like Quatro camp, and burnt people alive.

African people have been peasants and proletariat for a long time, but the greed and violence of their own elites has helped to prevent any real advancement and equality.
Who can advance when the slogan was "liberation before education" and education in South Africa today is in crisis.
Some people with a beef will burn down schools and libraries.
What future is there with a bunch of functionally illiterate people?

And nobody must mention the banks and global capital and the ANC, because nobody has been more efficient in extracting money from them than the ANC and their "liberation mythology".
In fact they are extracting loans from Europe to fix our electricity, but it probably went straight into their pockets.
Whites here are only 4 million out of over 50 million people, and we can't say or do much, but the corruption is just astounding.
But maybe that's how Africa works - the big chief gets everything.

edit on 10-2-2015 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join