It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why does Allah want to see millions of men's backside five times a day?

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Perhaps that is why Islamic countries are prone to severe poverty; all that praying is keeping them from being productive citizens.

If I was a god I don't think I would like millions of derrieres pointing to the sky at me five times a day.

Of all the five major religions, Judaism, Buddhism, Christianity, Islam, and Darwinism, all of them silly, Islamic is the silliest.




posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Darwinism?

You have to qualify that darwinism, though a set of beliefs, is void of a god. That does not mean that darwinist's do not believe in god. (of course some do not) It is a totally seperate issue. Not all athiest's are darwinist. Religion is a system of beliefs...COMMONLY IT REFERS TO BELIEF IN GOD OR LACK THEREOF. Darwinism is a seperate entity completely.

You forgot to put General Relativist, Quantum Theorist, democrats, republicans, and other things like that....if you are to include darwinism.

[edit on 12/16/2004 by Seapeople]



posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Perhaps that is why Islamic countries are prone to severe poverty; all that praying is keeping them from being productive citizens


actually thats quite an issue in the workplace, with folk demanding prayer breaks etc. mostly they get them because the employer can be charged with discrimination if he/she refuses to allow it. Smokers get upset because if they can go out to pray, why cant we go out to smoke?



posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Actually, many Islamic countries have the highest GNP of most other nations (due to the oil). Did you know that all Saudi citizens pretty much have free health care (not that they use it, but they have it, hehe...)?

Not trying to champion Islam, but just pointing out the fallacy...



posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
Darwinism?

You have to qualify that darwinism, though a set of beliefs, is void of a god. That does not mean that darwinist's do not believe in god. (of course some do not) It is a totally seperate issue. Not all athiest's are darwinist. Religion is a system of beliefs...COMMONLY IT REFERS TO BELIEF IN GOD OR LACK THEREOF. Darwinism is a seperate entity completely.

You forgot to put General Relativist, Quantum Theorist, democrats, republicans, and other things like that....if you are to include darwinism.

[edit on 12/16/2004 by Seapeople]


If you believe in something, anything "religiously" technically it is your religion.

Perhaps Im stretching the true definition of the word a bit, but words and their meanings change all the time, for instance the word Bad means really cool.

However, the connotation of religiously has already broken the bonds of its original intended meaning of exclusively referring to a belief in a deity.



posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Actually, many Islamic countries have the highest GNP of most other nations (due to the oil). Did you know that all Saudi citizens pretty much have free health care (not that they use it, but they have it, hehe...)?

Not trying to champion Islam, but just pointing out the fallacy...


Due to the oil---not the productivity of their people---far more Islamic countries are awash in poverty---Egypt, Greece, Palestine, Sudan, Most of African.

What will happen when the oil runs out?



posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by instar

actually thats quite an issue in the workplace, with folk demanding prayer breaks etc. mostly they get them because the employer can be charged with discrimination if he/she refuses to allow it. Smokers get upset because if they can go out to pray, why cant we go out to smoke?


People can pray anywhere anytime without others knowing about it---it is not an issue with those who truly believe.

BTW, did the baby kick its way out?



posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The 3 major religions are Christianity, Islam, and Hinduism. Darwinism is not a religion, its a theory. A theory that would gladly be dropped if a new theory had more evidence to back it up. Nothing "religious" about it. Its science. If I was God I would probably kill myself.



posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper

Originally posted by Seapeople
Darwinism?

You have to qualify that darwinism, though a set of beliefs, is void of a god. That does not mean that darwinist's do not believe in god. (of course some do not) It is a totally seperate issue. Not all athiest's are darwinist. Religion is a system of beliefs...COMMONLY IT REFERS TO BELIEF IN GOD OR LACK THEREOF. Darwinism is a seperate entity completely.

You forgot to put General Relativist, Quantum Theorist, democrats, republicans, and other things like that....if you are to include darwinism.

[edit on 12/16/2004 by Seapeople]


If you believe in something, anything "religiously" technically it is your religion.

Perhaps Im stretching the true definition of the word a bit, but words and their meanings change all the time, for instance the word Bad means really cool.

However, the connotation of religiously has already broken the bonds of its original intended meaning of exclusively referring to a belief in a deity.


No, if you believe in something, it is your belief.



posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople


No, if you believe in something, it is your belief.



If you don't believe in something "religiously" (with a passion) it is not much of a belief.

The context the word is used in determines its meaning.



posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper
Perhaps that is why Islamic countries are prone to severe poverty; all that praying is keeping them from being productive citizens.


Three minutes for a prayer wont make big difference in work time .
Two Prayers are at the midday , this means 6 minutes for the prayers , let them be 10 minutes .
Ten minutes a day aren't the cause of severe poverty .


Besides , there is prayers combinations that are allowed by the prohpet (pbuh) for eliminating the problems where there is lack of time like in work , journeys , wars ...






Originally posted by sleeper
If I was a god I don't think I would like millions of derrieres pointing to the sky at me five times a day.


This is what you understanded from the prayers !



posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I am a Christian but I believe the title of this topic to be insulting to Islamic people.

This is also insulting to the same people.


Originally posted by sleeper
Perhaps that is why Islamic countries are prone to severe poverty; all that praying is keeping them from being productive citizens.



If I was a god I don't think I would like millions of derrieres pointing to the sky at me five times a day.


Good thing you are not God :shk:



posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
sleeper, what do you know about Islamic prayer?

obviously sweet FA

they pray facing Mecca! they dont stick their @$$es out at Allah

this is a thread obviously designed to be inflamatry

methinks i smells a troll



posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper
Perhaps that is why Islamic countries are prone to severe poverty; all that praying is keeping them from being productive citizens.

Are they really that unproductive? I realize you have a broad brush in hand but I doubt it's big enough to paint entire countries.


Originally posted by sleeper
If I was a god I don't think I would like millions of derrieres pointing to the sky at me five times a day.


Allah lives in Mecca, Muslims face Mecca, so their aft end points away from Allah. I think it's referred to as bowing.

Is this the comic forum or something of that nature? *Taps microphone* Test, test test.

[edit on 24-10-2007 by Captain Obvious]



posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sleeper
 


Hey sleeper, it seems to me you are an ignorant. Do you have any statistics to
back up your productivities statement? Or are you just throwing this out here to attack Islam? Have you ever heard this: If a worker is happy then more work is done. Where as if a person is stressed and unhappy he/she will be out of focus.



posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Did we REALLY have to revive this thread?!

There was no productive reason to revive this thread. Captain Obvious, that person probably doesn't even come on ATS anymore, use common sense!



posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Oh, LOL!
I did not see this was made 2004. my bad.



new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join