It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus on the cross is a graven image and idolatry

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

HERE HERE!!!

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
As a young Catholic I was taught that the cross was a reminder of my faith and it told others that I followed the teachings of Christ.
No one I know worships the image.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

First your post is a perfect example of confirmation bias. I hope by the end of this comment you see that.

Arbitrary. This isn't a scientific paper, it's a discussion of the pope's beard on a conspiracy forum for heavens' sake.

And trust me, I have even discussed Hosea with Jesus himself, and I certainly have read it, studied it even.

Discussed Hosea with Jesus, himself? Please tell me that was a joke...

Nope. Happened, and I failed, with Jesus getting angry at me. This happened about 15 years ago. I was unable to tell who from who in the case of the shambles on the Field of Yisreel-- and Jesus was quite disappointed at me (Jesus and Hosea is in all essence the same name, keep in mind Jesus' explanation of how he came to fulfil the law and rebuild the Temple etc.). Since then I have analysed this part and I've got a bit wiser-- What happened at Yisreel, was the result (or fulfillments) of ancient blood feuds originating among the first few kings of the Holy Land, told of in the books of Kings and Chronicles. There are many similar, even identical names and places involved, and these feuds ended in perhaps the bloodiest and goriest and most confusing events described in the OT.

T
The prostitute Hosea buys in chapter 3 is another woman. I think the two women originally were to represent the two kingdoms, Judah and Israel, however the text is rather ambiguous and though this is a prophecy of Israel vs. Judah it's not quite clear if the two prostitutes are the two kingdoms, or merely Israel in two stages.

The prostitute in Hosea 3 is Gomer. Not sure what you meant by a prophecy of Israeal vs Judah, but Hosea's life is used as a prophetic representation of the relationship between God and Israel.

Gomer is named and is the first mistress of Hosea, chapter 1. The other one God orders Hosea to buy (a second prostitute) in chapter 3 remains unnamed. Is the second one Israel in Diaspora? As in without a Temple/Hashem? In hiding or exile?

So lets begin first by showing Gomer is the woman spoken of in Hosea 3:
In Hosea 1, Hosea and Gomer are married and have three children. In Hosea 2 God is talking, and what he is talking about is typified by Hosea and Gomer. Hosea 2:2-13we learn that Hosea separates from the previous marriage because his wife became an adulterer. (represents separation of God and Israel because they were worshipping idols); Hosea 2:14-15 we learn that God will reconcile with Israel. Moving into Hosea 3 :

And the Lord said to me, “Go again, love a woman who is loved by another man and is adulteress, even as the Lord loves the children of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love cakes of raisins.”

He is told to go again to love an adulteress who is loved by another man. Hosea Goes and buys her back and then says:

3 And I said to her, “You must dwell as mine for many days. You shall not play the whore, or belong to another man; so will I also be to you.” 4 For the children of Israel shall dwell many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or pillar, without ephod or household gods. 5 Afterward the children of Israel shall return and seek the Lord their God, and David their king, and they shall come in fear to the Lord and to his goodness in the latter days.

Hehe, no wonder people are confused when confronted with such confusing evidence. The text says «yet an adulterer» as in «yet another». The prostitute of Hosea 3 is not the same as in chapter 1. The narrative in Hosea shows two kingdoms, or two separate stages of the same kingdom. Just like Moses broke the first set of ten commandments and later replaced them with a ten staged invasion plan for what is mostly Israel today? There are two holy mounds, Sinai and Horeb, two sets of ten commandments etc. Hey, there are even two myths of creation. And we have the nation vs. the Diaspora.
edit on 31-5-2017 by Utnapisjtim because: Diaspora, fulfil/rebuild

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb
The prostitute in Hosea 3 is Gomer.

There's quite a bit of mystery and hidden words and names in NT, possibly since it was originally written in Aramaic and Hebrew before it was transformed and rewritten in Greek to please the powers in charge.

What does heb. Gomer mean? Ah, To fulfil. It really pays credit to Jesus (same name as Hosea) came to (marry?) Fulfil (Heb. Gomer?), and not Abolish (Heb. Asur? That word is identical to the name used for Assyria where the ten lost tribes live).

Also pay attention to how Jesus seems to actually divorce his wife (or one of them) on Calvary (her name seems to have been Isabel), since Jesus said that only through death (like his crucifixion and John's baptism) could you divorce a wife. When he meets with Mary Magdalen the Sunday after, he tells her not to touch him (be intimate) yet, since he hasn't asked her father for her hand yet.
edit on 31-5-2017 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

<< 7  8  9   >>

join