It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honesty: Does anybody else feel demotivated with life due to the state of society or the world?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I'm totally disenfranchised. I have been successful and unsuccessful both.

I want to live in a world where we all work together to uncover humanities true origins and we all get to travel to space and experience what astronauts have spoken about experiencing in the totality of space.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

I want to live in a world where we all work together to uncover humanities true origins and we all get to travel to space and experience what astronauts have spoken about experiencing in the totality of space.

I hear you. Same.

It would be great to build a world based on cooperation instead sociopathic norms.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Representing South Carolina’s 4th District, Trey Gowdy entered Congress with a resolute commitment to the conservative principles that have guided him throughout his years in public service. At the core of those principles lies a firm belief in a limited government that inspires trust and demands accountability.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: onequestion

I hear you. Same.

It would be great to build a world based on cooperation instead sociopathic norms.

There are many groups working towards a more enlightened society:

Shambala
Anthroposophical Society
The Society of Friends

Just off the top of my head and I've heard of many others and in your line of work you know of more. It doesn't happen overnight, you have to take a loooooong view.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
You are not alone Quetzalcoatl14, I think we are seeing the death of the old world so we see one step backwards before two steps forward.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
From what I understand, 'Heaven' is pretty awesome (if you like the Backstreet Boys jk jk)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

RELIGIONS UNITED
THE NEW GENERATION

This is a movement not an organization.  There are no leaders funders sponsors unlike currently existing corporation for peace. No money will ever be asked to donate and No person will ever be asked to help or volunteer

This movement represents the end of the dormant era and beginning of the awaken one

This movements is For world where religion is not abused for political and economical propaganda

This movement is  For world where religious dogma is not part of the monetary foundations of society. It is Only then society can progress politically economically environmentally and sustainable

This is a new millennium where we have acknowledged thar human race can only progress if we put our differences aside 

This movement is the voice of new generation

This movement is for people who believe...

...that different religious views don't separate us but instead enrich us as a whole

...that free speech does not equal discrimination 

...that humorous cartoon drawings of religious prophets are simply not even funny and are certainly  not a way to get a point across 

...that people who play GOD with wars and use of death sentence and harm do not bring justice to the table

The goal of this movement will be accomplished when the political leaders of all existing nations and the representatives of religions unite on the symbolical holly ground as one 

declaring to the world that...

...they recognize war on religion as a form of crime 

...religious intolerance is form of discrimination 

... people who play GOD and use wars, death sentence and harm as form of justice will not be tolerated 

declaring to the world the that...

...as one they will progress with absolute transparency to achieve peace and unity 

feel free to join the group at

m.facebook.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I agree I want to get in touch with people who had enough of this limbo .we are many .but separated

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The Russian revolution in early 1900's did not cause a long period of chaos and strife from what I have studied. Though many of the people did not want Lenin to be in charge, which is why he shut off all outside communication and travelers to enter the country as it was going through forced communistic change. But Rome comes to mind as a nation who fell harder than any other due to being sacked and pillaged by visagoths. It wasn't due to a revolution, but IMO and I may be wrong, it was allowed as the government knew it was falling. After that came the Bubonic plaque and Dark ages.

A revolution wouldn't necessarily send the US or any 1st world country into the Dark ages, but there would be much damage caused, mostly due to the police state. Imagine a peaceful overthrow of the corporate plutocracy that exists. They would then order the military and police to destroy homes and disrupt any civilians lives. They would never allow a peaceful revolution, they would shoot the first million shots to get a war started. They have bought the ammuniton, implaced drones, etc, etc, to deter such an uprising.

But the fact is, they will always be out numbered and out armed by the armed citizens of the country. The military could never afford to give up 1 soldier for every 6 citizens killed. The government is afraid of us. No government is unafraid of it's own people. that is why they control media, now the internet, all communications, etc. They need information to better their cause, and their cause is for their own good.

Our entire Universe, ecosystem, everything, is determined by chaos, but out of chaos comes harmony. In human nature that harmony is often brief, due to our own corruption. So prior to any revolution, their must be a basic rhetoric for cause written and passsed among revolutionaries. Something many believe to be true and natural to our rights as people. The Bill of rights and Declaration of Independence are a great start, but what happened to those over time? they were corrupted.

Our entire world must realize that corporations are not elected officials. If there is a corporation you do not agree with. Never, Ever buy their products. Do your own research on these matters to buy what you want and not what you are told to buy. We live on a finite planet and yet corporations seemingly have infinite money and treat the world as if energy and product is infinite as well. They treat their workers as an infinite source, there is always a replacement person that would work for cheaper wages than you. People are seen as objects, like machines that require insurance. This must stop, and it will. The chaos you may refer to is a jump back to the 30's or 40's for awhile. until We the People form something new, and probably with Spanish subtitles. Or, we will live underground due to radiation. It's hard to read the future, but I would rather fight for peace and prosperity rather than be enslaved within their game.
EXCUSE all spelling errors. I am not perfect.

edit on 19-2-2015 by iDope because: edit

edit on 19-2-2015 by iDope because: edits

edit on 19-2-2015 by iDope because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2015 by iDope because: edists

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: iDope
a reply to: olaru12

I agree, a collapse must happen to bring in a new government. There are many points to this argument that I believe rings truth, and history guarantees that it must happen, or else a NWO type of government will be put in place before any change can be made. The NWO government has already been in place for some quite time now, and it is easy (if research is done on the subject) to track it down to at least Nixon, however, it has been in place much longer. The NWO type of government wouldn't be able to succeed in the world today as I see it in the first place, but they believe it could. "They" would have to make it more liveable for the common man, or else the common man would be able to arise in vast majority to strike down upon them, just as history always shows.

The Russian revolution in early 1900's did not cause a long period of chaos and strife from what I have studied. Though many of the people did not want Lenin to be in charge, which is why he shut off all outside communication and travelers to enter the country as it was going through forced communistic change. But Rome comes to mind as a nation who fell harder than any other due to being sacked and pillaged by visagoths. It wasn't due to a revolution, but IMO and I may be wrong, it was allowed as the government knew it was falling. After that came the Bubonic plaque and Dark ages.

A revolution wouldn't necessarily send the US or any 1st world country into the Dark ages, but there would be much damage caused, mostly due to the police state. Imagine a peaceful overthrow of the corporate plutocracy that exists. They would then order the military and police to destroy homes and disrupt any civilians lives. They would never allow a peaceful revolution, they would shoot the first million shots to get a war started. They have bought the ammuniton, implaced drones, etc, etc, to deter such an uprising.

But the fact is, they will always be out numbered and out armed by the armed citizens of the country. The military could never afford to give up 1 soldier for every 6 citizens killed. The government is afraid of us. No government is unafraid of it's own people. that is why they control media, now the internet, all communications, etc. They need information to better their cause, and their cause is for their own good.

Our entire Universe, ecosystem, everything, is determined by chaos, but out of chaos comes harmony. In human nature that harmony is often brief, due to our own corruption. So prior to any revolution, their must be a basic rhetoric for cause written and passsed among revolutionaries. Something many believe to be true and natural to our rights as people. The Bill of rights and Declaration of Independence are a great start, but what happened to those over time? they were corrupted.

Our entire world must realize that corporations are not elected officials. If there is a corporation you do not agree with. Never, Ever buy their products. Do your own research on these matters to buy what you want and not what you are told to buy. We live on a finite planet and yet corporations seemingly have infinite money and treat the world as if energy and product is infinite as well. They treat their workers as an infinite source, there is always a replacement person that would work for cheaper wages than you. People are seen as objects, like machines that require insurance. This must stop, and it will. The chaos you may refer to is a jump back to the 30's or 40's for awhile. until We the People form something new, and probably with Spanish subtitles. Or, we will live underground due to radiation. It's hard to read the future, but I would rather fight for peace and prosperity rather than be enslaved within their game.
EXCUSE all spelling errors. I am not perfect.

edit on 19-2-2015 by iDope because: edit

Let's just figure 2 million (1/180) Americans rise up on the government at the same time. These people have the means to gather mass aount of weapons and could easily take over cities, take more weapons, infiltrate bases, take over power grids, water, etc. But there must be some type of leadership. Whether it be planned through a TOR type of internet to remain annonymous, or some new sort, to gather troops and to plan attack. There still must be a leadership to strategize and to plan if it is to happen nationwide. True, one group of 20 heavily armed and strategized militia could wreak havoc on any city, but to make it nationwide, it takes a lot. Ideally for these 20 or so people, they would take over all broadcasting stations within the area and broadcast their message out 24/7 until it was shut down. This would gather more troops significantly. Then they would aquire all weapons and vehicles they could to take over the local governent. Likely executing their state government on air to show their power. It goes on and on from there. Supposedly there are only 500,000 armed troops in in the military. How many of these would actually fight for their government against their own family? Knowing of course how corrupt and evil their own governent is? The only reason they are in the military is to protect their family and freedom and not the lawmakers and politicians. Whose to say that they would follow orders when they knew that the "underground freedom fighters" were actually the group meant to be defended?

I could go on and on about revolutions and what it would actually take nowadays. I have studied many in depth, especially the Communist take over of Russia spurred by Lenin. Which would be the most relevant, however 100 years ago. There is no true precedent to what it would take to complete the objective, but what I do know, it would take a voice that is fluent, and a voice that could gather funds and protection.

This brings up interesting points.

I guess, something that was latent within my op is whether traditional methods of democracy (voting, all that), development, politics, and so on, will be able to change how entrenched the elite powers and corruption have become?

So then, if so, what would it take to disrupt that change it?

The problem with a collapse is as someone else noted, a real collapse would negatively affect a lot of people, possibly killing countless people or at least reducing many to destitution.

Even with a revolution scenario, this could cause a long period of chaos and similarly negatively affect a lot of people. It can be necessary in some contexts, and has been in the past, so perhaps when it's truly warranted it's truly warranted.

Am I wrong that in many of the successful revolutions such as Russia and China it caused a long period of chaos and lots of death?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join