It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien & UFO Stories & Theories Which Are Interesting To You?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
So I know there are tons of stories out there.

This thread isnt about wether they are true or not, its about sharing stories you have herd, seen, read in a book, dreamed, wether real or imagined all if fine.

Information deemed hoax or thought of as real is all fine, whats important is just to share stories you may have herd.

If you have a theroy which includes aliens and or UFOs please share it as well.
If you herd a story you think is outlandish you can share it as well, as its just a story.
You can also share your personal experiences in your own lives if you wish to.
So this thread is to talk about what information is out there.

Please keep in mind this threads agenda is our entertainment and the discussion of aliens wether real or hypothetical.

Its not pushing that aliens and UFOs are factual nor is it discussing the testable evidence of UFOs and ETs, I do have a thread for that which all are welcome to share any testable evidence you may come across.
Here is the evidence thread for the serious savy UFO folk:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here are a few interesting stories to get us going:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Here in Nova Scotia we have ...the Shag Harbour incident.

On October 4th, 1967 a UFO crashed into the waters of ShagHarbour, Nova Scotia. Depending on reports, between 11 and 18 people who were at the docks witnessed the object crash in the ocean. Various Canadian law enforcement, government and military entities searched for the UFO in the seas, but nothing has ever been found.

Meteor? Plane crash? E.T.s? Well truly never know, but the Canadian government was certainly interested. Here is a link to copies of newspaper reports from The Chronicle Herald. People who haven't heard of this, it's a pretty well known UFO tale though, can also look into The Condon Comittee and the role it played in investigating the incident.

www.roswellproof.com...

I personally believe they did find something, but we civilians will never know.

ATS members have covered it in previous threads as well, like this one : www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9-2-2015 by Atsbhct because: Added link.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
Here in Nova Scotia we have ...the Shag Harbour incident.

On October 4th, 1967 a UFO crashed into the waters of ShagHarbour, Nova Scotia. Depending on reports, between 11 and 18 people who were at the docks witnessed the object crash in the ocean. Various Canadian law enforcement, government and military entities searched for the UFO in the seas, but nothing has ever been found.

Meteor? Plane crash? E.T.s? Well truly never know, but the Canadian government was certainly interested. Here is a link to copies of newspaper reports from The Chronicle Herald. People who haven't heard of this, it's a pretty well known UFO tale though, can also look into The Condon Comittee and the role it played in investigating the incident.

www.roswellproof.com...

I personally believe they did find something, but we civilians will never know.

Wow some good stuff, I wonder what it was. . .
There are stories of how some are downed and recovered as well. . .
I am watching this video now, interesting stuff to say the least. . .
Thanks for sharing!

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

All i can tell you is that there are countless planets with life, some of which are very old, some of which are like ours, some with very advanced civilizations.

The information we have regarding the size and age of the universe, combined with our Exo-planet research, leads to what I believe are obvious conclusions, ie: the above. This doesn't even account for all of the (multiple)witness accounts of this that and the other thing. It's so #ing blatant.

Then the question becomes, well why is there such a divergence in belief on the matter? Here's my take: If you cannot figure out the basic plot ie: the above, then you're in denial due to your fear, or some other type of cerebral programming. As to whether it is for your and/or my benefit, that is a question I have yet to answer. Guess we won't know til we find out, huh?

That's my theory.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Glad you can enjoy this! I've never seen this video, I'll have to have a watch. The CBC has done a number of reports on the incident as well.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I always like the Portage County, Ohio UFO case. It involved several eyewitnesses including multiple law enforcement officers. The chase and reports went on for quite a long time and covered over 80 miles.

One of the most dramatic encounters by police officers with an apparently structured, low-level UFO occurred in the early morning of April 17, 1966. Officers of the Portage County, Ohio, Sheriff's Department first saw the object rise up from near ground level, bathing them in light, near Ravenna, Ohio, about 5:00 A.M. Ordered by the sergeant to pursue the object, they chased it for eighty-five miles across the border into Pennsylvania, as it seemed to play a cat-and-mouse game with them. Along the route, police officers from other jurisdictions saw the object and joined in the chase.

Portage County UFO Case

I believe this case also inspired the chase scene in Steven Speilberg's Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
edit on 9-2-2015 by jtrenthacker because: Words is hard

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Billy Meier is a hoaxer, and has no credibility with anything he says for the rest of his life. And anyone who advertises anything of Billy Meier's has no credibility in my book either.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

All of them and none of them. After 50 years from before Von Daniken to now...nothing is new...nothing. Books, events, stories, movies, announcements...all the same.

Regardless....its all interesting. But the same with different names, places and details.

Now. If just the skies would OPEN UP and it filled with descending light, orbs and ships.....well.

THAT...would be new.
edit on 07-31-2014 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

This was/is a fascinating case to me too. I just watched a great episode of "UFO Files" on this incident last Friday. I believe this was an unidentifed flying object that went down. Certainly were lots of people who saw something. And then there was the mysterious orange foam on the sea surface. Very interesting.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I see I missed out on all kinds of good Shag Harbour programs! I really thought that after all these years that someone would come along having saved a mason jar full of the foam or something! a reply to: data5091

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
"The Alien Interview" is some good story telling, its supposedly the military interview of one of the first Roswell aliens, its long and interesting. Supposedly the alien is a female so I wonder if its actually a different alien like Lucy from the moon story, but thats another story I will get into later. Anyways the interview goes into ancient times and how aliens used to be stationed here on earth. It also goes into ancient vedic legends and the aliens claim that was them in the interview. So as far as I know the Roswell alien was a grey, but this sounds like they found a womans body and got her to mentally communicate with one of the nurses. Anyways good story I am very entertained! By the way this is supposed to be an all military disclosure from military story, meaning it was supposed to be top secret back in the day.

“Most of the spirit beings on Earth are good, honest, able beings: artists, managers, geniuses, free thinkers and revolutionaries who have harmed no one, really. They are no threat to anyone except the criminals who have imprisoned them.They must find out about the “Old Empire” amnesia and hypnosis operation. They must remember their own past lives. The only way this will ever happen is to communicate, coordinate and fight back. We have to tell other people and they have to discuss it openly with each other. Communication is the only effective weapon against secrecy and oppression.”

More info here its good stuff:
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
There quite a bit out there about this one anyways its super interesting, the Apollo 20 mission was rumored to be a mission where they found a huge space ship on the moon they were able to recover a woman from the ship who had been there for thousands of years. Like I said lots of information on this one out there, and there is a bunch of video to go with it, you can see in the videos people in space suits touring the massive ship, if it was a hoax it was pretty well done and must have taken millions to do something like that. There is footage of the ship from space as well as inside of the ship. Just more fuel to the fire of story telling the I give you the Mona Lisa Apollo 20 mission.

www.ibtimes.co.uk...
The real Apollo 20
Apollo 20 is said to be a top secret mission to the Moon that was covered up by Nasa. The Apollo program, also known as Project Apollo, ran from 1963 to 1972 and was the third human spaceflight project that NASA carried out.

Apollo Command/Service Module CSM-119, on display at the Apollo/Saturn V Center in Florida.Wikimedia CommonsAlthough the US government accomplished its goal to land men on the Moon and return them safely to Earth in 1969 with Apollo 11, further missions continued until 1972, with Apollo 17 being the last mission to go to the Moon and back.
However, three more missions had been planned by Nasa – Apollo 18, Apollo 19 and Apollo 20. Official Nasa records say that the missions were cancelled due to budgetary constraints and that the astronauts were moved up to other missions.
Due to three missions being cancelled, lots of spacecraft hardware was left over, such as the command/service module (CSM) belonging to Apollo 19, which is on display at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex and other bits of hardware have been used in several films. Apollo 20's CSM was apparently never finished and completely scrapped.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
This is one of my all time favorites......Lots goes on up in the Northwest territories and the Yukon that we don't get news about. Sightings, alleged abductions....

By Martin Jasek, M.Sc., P. Eng.

I first met Kevin on July 8, 2000 while attending a UFO conference in St. Paul, Alberta. I had just finished a presentation on Yukon UFO sightings when he approached me. He was very quiet and reserved and basically told me that he used to live in Ross River, Yukon and had heard and seen strange things up there. He proceeded to write down his contact information for me as the hustle and bustle of the conference prevented a personal conversation. The next day, as the conference was drawing to a close, Kevin approached me again. He said he was leaving now as he had a fairly lengthy drive home. But before he left, he wanted to show me something so that I would know what he was talking about when we later talked on the phone. He then showed me the palms of his hands. Wow, what he showed me certainly peaked my interest and he briefly stated some of the background. I'll leave it to the reader to read through "Kevin's Account" as not to take away from the incredible experience.

www.ufobc.ca...

I'd of liked to add some of the pictures, but I don't know how? If someone could I'd appreciate it!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Of all the ancient alien stories Ive read about the colonization of Earth, I found Robert Morningstar's version to be the most entertaining.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I am by no means convinced that there is an extraterrestrial presence on our planet, but I am convinced that extraterrestrials exist somewhere in the universe, given that it is essentially a mathematical certainty. Because of this certainty I cannot discount the possibility that aliens have visited earth in the past, or continue to do so in the present. Certainly the sheer number of eyewitness reports should cause one to view the subject without resorting to ridicule or complete dismissal. Perhaps these latter actions would be more warranted if there were not so many pieces of evidence. This would be a good time for me to mention that various types of evidence exist in the first place. Various fields use different types of evidence. For instance, there is evidence needed in the realm of law, which differs from the evidence needed in the scientific disciplines.

I think it is a mistake to dismiss all evidence that does not provide scientific proof of the existence of something as controversial as an extraterrestrial presence on earth, because it is not a purely scientific question. Thus eyewitness testimony should be given more credence. Personal evidence is by far the greatest type where aliens are concerned. People see something that cannot be explained using known scientific principles. This does not mean that what was seen is truly unexplainable, but it also does not mean that there definitely is an explanation that conforms to known science. For instance, a craft in the sky that defies the laws of physics. This should be impossible, yet when a jet pilot witnesses a craft, chases it, and the craft performs impossible maneuvers and shoots out of sight, the impossible has just become reality. The pilot knows what they have seen and cannot be mistaken in that respect, considering they are specifically trained to be good judges of flying objects, as their life may depend on their skill. These are the people who are flying the fastest, most cutting-edge technology we humans have ever created, and because of that fact these pilots are highly experienced when it comes to knowing how flying objects can move. Couple this with experience where weather phenomena and celestial phenomena are concerned, as well as their training in this area, and dismissing their accounts simply because what they saw cannot be scientifically explained is beyond ludicrous. If such reports were rare perhaps the problem would be easier, and perhaps we could assume that these were isolated incidences in which mistakes were made. But reports of this nature are numerous.

I can unequivocally state that misidentification, especially where trained observers are concerned, can not and does not account for even the majority of sightings of unidentified flying objects. I also find it ridiculous that adamant disbelievers where extraterrestrials on earth are concerned will resort to the claim that witnesses are observing unknown and unproven scientific phenomena instead of alien spacecraft. Surely I am not the only one who grasps the irony of such beliefs. To dismiss scientifically unproven claims with other scientifically unproven claims, and to call that a logical argument, just blows my mind. Especially considering that many of the well-known and influential detractors are highly-educated individuals.

There is also a difference between skepticism and disbelief. Only an individual who denies the possibility of aliens on earth is a disbeliever. Someone who does not allow for the possibility cannot call themselves a skeptic. A skeptic is a person who does not believe aliens are visiting earth, but who leaves room for the possibility. They may not be convinced, but they will not conclude that aliens cannot be present. No one can claim as much as factual, because the idea of aliens visiting earth cannot be disproved. It is not falsifiable. Yet the people who hold these erroneous beliefs are just as hardcore as the believers, both being adamant about something that has not been proven. The person who claims to take the side of science and logic is just as unscientific and illogical as the believer.

As I already stated I am not convinced aliens are visiting earth, but it is definitely true that such an explanation would better account for the available evidence than any other hypothesis that has been proposed. Take misidentifications; just because it is possible for this to occur does not automatically translate into tens of thousands of individuals making mistakes in judgment. Humans are great judges when it comes to broad characteristics, while our judgment diminishes as the details become more minute. The majority of UFO claims involve details on a larger scale. It can be argued that most people are not familiar with flying craft, thus they are more likely to make errors where speed or altitude are concerned. This is definitely true, but the majority of individuals are familiar with aircraft flying overhead, so it cannot be claimed they are totally clueless. And again, this completely dismisses the percentage of reports filed by persons who are trained aerial observers. There have even been reports from literal aerial observers, as opposed to pilots.

Then there is the overwhelming similarities between reports. This is statistically significant in my opinion. Even though all of this is inconclusive, it should at the very least give pause to the most ardent disbeliever, because such a position is certainly not tenable, and is likely to be held for personal rather than logical reasons. I forgot to mention the percentage of reports in which what was witnessed goes beyond lights in the sky. There are numerous reports of daylight sightings in which a craft was observed. These craft are usually metallic, have a symmetrical shape, and are clearly viewed. There is essentially no room for misinterpretation. The only potential explanations, aside from aliens, include hoaxes and secret military aircraft. As to secret aircraft, this is impossible unless a new method of propulsion has been discovered, which is not based on combustion. It would have to be some type of anti-gravity, or some form of electromagnetic or magnetic manipulation, or something else that seem unfeasible based on current science. And even more telling is the fact that such encounters have occurred worldwide. Surely if such technology was discovered by one nation, it would never be shared with another nation. And it is highly unlikely that multiple nations have discovered such technology independently. Thus it can reasonably be concluded that we are not seeing military craft utilizing exotic propulsion, otherwise the sightings would not occur globally. As to hoaxes, this idea can be dismissed in numerous cases due to the fact that there are multiple witnesses who do not know one another. A hoax must involve prior planning, which is difficult when you do not know the person you are conspiring with. Even cases in which a single individual observed such craft in the daylight, at a very close distance, physical evidence has been left behind. These include radiation burns on the skin, radiation sickness that follows later on, dead grass in a specific pattern that corresponds to the shape of the spacecraft, etc...There are numerous examples of such occurrences.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST...

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I could go on and on with such examples, but hopefully I have gotten my point across. Now let's address another aspect. If aliens truly are visiting earth can we draw any conclusions from their behavior thus far? We certainly can, the most notable thing being that these beings obviously do not want the world to know of their presence. If they did wish us to know then surely their behavior
would be completely different. In my opinion this has grave implications. The most important being that they are not here to help us in any way whatsoever. One thing that bolsters my opinion is the complete disregard for human feelings and personal rights, which is what is occurring if the abduction phenomenon truly exists. It is wrong on so many levels, and is often traumatizing for the abductee.
There are few instances in which these alleged aliens actually work to benefit the human race, or any individual human. It is not as if they abduct someone and make them more intelligent, or abduct them and heal their physical bodies. In fact, some abductees claim that their health has actually suffered as a result of being abducted. This does not sound benevolent in my opinion. If it is not purely malevolent, it is at the very least indicative of such a disregard for the abductee that I think we can safely conclude the aliens' intentions are not helpful.

If their intentions were to help us then why are they not doing so? And if they are not here to help us does this mean they are here to harm us? This is not directly implied, but I can definitely see how this might be the case. One popular view is that they are “studying” us. Could this mean they wish to invade in the future, and take over our planet for their own use? I am of the opinion that this is probably not the case, considering their advanced technology would allow them to take such action now. Unless of course their numbers are limited, which might make an actual takeover difficult. That they are studying us I have no doubts, if reports are accurate and aliens truly are visiting. That is the only real explanation that can be drawn from the reports. But their intentions beyond this, or after the studying is complete, I am not so sure about. If we know they are not here to help us, are any of the remaining options really that good? I do not think so. So the last thing I will say is this: it would be much better for the human race if aliens were not visiting, because if they are, what we can infer from their actions is not good for our species. The only other possibility is genetic manipulation, but I do not wish to get into that topic in this post.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Definitely for me it has to be the Rendlesham forest incident.

Although there has been some speculation on some embellishment of the truth by a couple of the witnesses. I feel something unusual happened there. I can only guess what it was that happened. I'm also planning to go there this year to have a look at the place with my own eyes to rule out the flying lighthouse theory

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Nobody can tell me this didn't happen:

Jimi Hendrix Starchild
The event took place on a cold winteris night near Woodstock, NY in 1965. According to Curtis, if it hadnit been for the occupants of this metallic stranger, Jimi and his fellow musicians might have frozen to death.

It was four o'clock in the morning, and we were trying to make it back to Manhattan - a drive of more than 100 miles - through the worst blizzard I can recall. The wind was whipping the snow around our van so fiercely that we missed the turn-off leading to the state highway that would put us in the direction of home. The next thing I remember is getting stuck in a drift that reached the hood of our vehicle. Soon it got so cold. The windows were rolled up tight, and we had the heater on full blast to protect us from the rawness of the elements. I had my doubts about seeing the light of day. We could have turned to human icicles very easily. That's how bitter it was!

Curtis says the road in front of them suddenly lit up, as a bright phosphorescent object cone-shaped, like a space capsule landed in the snow about 100 feet up ahead. It stood on tripod landing gear, and for all purposes gave the appearance of being something right out of science fiction. At first we thought it was an apparition caused by the cold and our confused state of mind. I mean, we just couldn't believe our eyes.

Prodding Jimi with his elbow, Curtis asked if his imagination was playing tricks on him or whether the rock star saw it too. Jimi didn't answer, but sort of smiled. He seemed to be staring out into the night, his eyes riveted on this thing resting within a stone's throw.

Curtis was overcome with fright. Before he could make a move of any kind, a door opened on the side of the craft and an entity came forth. He stood eight foot tall, his skin was yellowish, and instead of eyes, the creature had slits. His forehead came to a point, and his head ran straight into his chest, leaving the impression that he had no neck.

The being proceeded to float to the ground and glided toward the trapped occupants of the van. It was then that Curtis noticed the snow was melting in the wake of the creature. His body generated tremendous heat, so much so that as it came across a small rise, the snow disappeared around in all directions. In a matter of what seemed like seconds, the being came over to the right- hand side of the van where Jimi was seated and looked right through the window. Jimi seemed to be communicating telepathically with it.

Curtis relates that immediately the interior of their vehicle began to heat up. "Suddenly, I was roasting! One moment it had been bitter cold, and the next moment we might as well have been in Haiti." The heat coming from the being evaporated the snow enough to free their imprisoned van.

As it glided behind our van, I saw the drift had completely vanished. Turning on the ignition key, I gunned the motor and got out of there. As I looked back through the rear view window, I could see the road filling in with snow again. The object - the strange craft - was at the same instant lifting off like a rocket from a launching pad.

Jimi never did talk much about what happened. He sort of let me know that the cool thing to do was not to bring up the subject. It was to be our little secret. However, from what he did say, I sort of suspect that the object arrived to save our necks chiefly because Jimi had been practicing trying to communicate by ESP with the beings on board. I know this may be hard to believe, but I'm putting it straight, just like it happened, you hear!

The boys from the group who were with us remember nothing. They were out cold in the back. As we got into the main road, they revived. It is as if they had been placed under a spell - you know - hypnotized.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I like the theory the Government doesn't know too much more about UFO's then we do. This seems consistent with reports, evidence, and confirms a much more advanced being.

Other than that, it seems to be a mystery. I feel we could be visited by multiple types of intelligent life, but I don't believe in all the conspiracy theories with 57 different species visiting Earth. I do believe Grey aliens could actually exist OR their image is somehow created through sacred geometry or fibonacci sequence. I do not think the image was created through science fiction, the image either exists subliminally in nature, or they actually physically exist.

In addition I believe in the theory of a terrestrial inter-dimensional intelligent life form but I also strongly believe we are visited by advanced beings from our Galaxy or Universe.

I do believe our research on possible life in space, exo-planets, and discoveries made by our deep space telescopes is helping the mystery if we have been visited. In addition with research on quantum physics, gravity, and space/time.

I think it is weird that so much is being discredited while at the same time we are crediting ourselves with making the first discoveries in our Galaxy. The attitude exists with people who do not want to discuss the taboo subject if we have been visited. They like to think the opposite way that slowly we will make our own discoveries, and one day be able to send signals to intelligent civilizations and travel through space to a primitive planet or even meet and intelligent one. But not the other way around, no way have we been visited! Seems like a strange way to view the Universe. There is too much evidence of official denial.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: murlock

I also would list this as one of the most sensational ufo incidents in the world. Its pretty clear that something landed in the forest and was seen by a number of different people over a period of days. There was side effects to some kind of radiation type exposure by some of the military people who had close encounters with what was described as a craft with unusual markings on it. Farm animals also had a strong reaction to something going on in the forest as well. The books on the subject are so interesting. Clearly this had to be the biggest most sensational sighting the U.K. has ever known.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join