It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid movies and the people that like them

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I just had somebody get on my back and call me a "Negative Nancy" (whatever the hell that means, I have a penis) because I mentioned how much I hate the movie I am Legend because it's nothing like the book by Richard Matheson that it's supposed to be based on. Well, excuse me for not liking any steaming pile of crap they decide to put on the screen after raping a good book. I wonder if these people that make the movies actually bother reading the books their movies are supposed to be based on. I doubt it. Now, the movie The Last Man on Earth starring Vincent Price was also based on that book and I think it rocked. I can't see why the people that did this one couldn't have done that good as a job.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I am legend made me crazy with nerd rage. I felt like leveling an entire city block after watching that piece of crap. It was nothing like the book. The character had the same name, that's it. That having been said, I could care less if other people like it. If it had been called something other than I am legend it would have been okay. But my nerddom requires that I expose it for the travesty that it was.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

A movie can still be entertaining even if i deviates significantly from the book it's based on. You're supposed to have hated that one because Will Smith is in it. So tired of The Fresh Prince.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

That perfectly expresses how I felt when I saw it. Thank you lol.

My brother keeps looking at me funny because I'm saying "nerd rage" and laughing. Man, that's funny. I'll have to remember that one.
edit on 9-2-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I felt like that with Ender's Game....the movie parts they did cover were done really well...but they left out so much and cut out huge chunks of the story. I haven't read the book I am Legend so I can't comment on that but I know what you mean.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Beowulf was a prime example of a movie gone bad...the epic was so much better..

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

I haven't seen that movie yet. I don't think I will now.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: InfinityandBeyond

I didn't like that one, either. You're right. The epic is way better.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I didn't even recognize the final two installments of 'The Hobbit'. After the Lord of the Rings movies I was highly disappointed with the crap Peter Jackson put out as 'The Hobbit'.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: InfinityandBeyond
Beowulf was a prime example of a movie gone bad...the epic was so much better..

If you are speaking of Gardener's version of the epic, there is absolutely no way to top it.
(I hope I got his name right, it's been decades.)
edit on 9-2-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Part of the reason I like movies based on books is seeing how faithfully they captured the original author's vision.
I've never been a Will Smith fan. He seems to have two styles of acting: Wooden or over acted.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I haven't seen those yet. I liked the Lord of the Rings movies and didn't see why they had to do anything else.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I loved The Last Man On Earth and I thought I Am Legend was just cliched. Imo the movies of today are horrible. Remakes, recycled scripts, cliche jokes, the same old tired faces with no talent.

Reminds me of the first Star Trek remake. Did JJ Abrams ever watch Star Trek or did he just read a Wikipedia entry in between sips of whiskey?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I couldn't agree more. I was surprised that Leonard Nemoy was in it. I like the older Star Trek movies better.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

It was too fratboy for me, but I guess he was trying to appeal to a younger audience. I think I like the movies from the past way too much, along with old TV shows/radio.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
All of it is in the eyes of the beholder. I came to this conclusion after listening to some film reviewer dumbing down a film which I saw and thought was great. What's a great film for one someone else will think it crap.
Some of the recent films that have got Oscars are literally rubbish and whoever judged them worthy aught to go and have their eyes tested. But that's my opinion.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Thanks for suggesting the 1964 version with Price. Will be giving that a look see.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Same here. That's where youtube comes in handy, if they have it on there.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I hope you like it. They gave him a different name in the movie but other than that it was great.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

The Last Man On Earth is public domain I believe. So youtube would definitely have it. And the jazz song he puts on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join