It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A "simple" question...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
As this is my first ever topic, please be nice to me, but let me know how to make them better.....

Ok, we all hear how the the lack of rain/snow in California is due to global climate change. But I wonder, how does the fact that China seeds the clouds to knock the dust down from the desert and pollution from the sky affect our weather on the west coast. If all/most of
the dust particles are knocked out of the sky, what can pick up moisture over the Pacific to bring this much needed precipitation to our shores?

Your thoughts? Am I off base?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Good question, but I don't think the answer is just one simple thing. (I've never heard of China seeding their clouds for rain, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now.)

I've never been a believer in Global Warming. Just recently, UK's Telegraph published data that scientists have been mis-reporting S. American temperatures as too high since the 1950s.

Also, Alaska's HAARP was involved with scientists from Berkeley and Stanford who were studying "how to heat up the ionosphere" just about the time Global Warming was being trumpeted in the lamestream media. (HARRP Alaska was shut down in May 2013 - and the drought index for the continental U.S. dropped fast by the end of the year.)

I lived in Los Angeles for a few decades in the last century, and I noticed how the weather ran on a cycle of a few years of drought - then cloudbursts of rain. It was just a cycle for that environment that many residents found hard to adjust to.

There may be other factors that are not yet understood. The West Coast is still getting some ocean-borne radiation from Fukushima, that may be heating up the Pacific. All the Cruise ship fires in the past few years may be the Chinese Navy testing their EMC weapons. And California setting up "sensors" the length of the state to monitor the San Andreas quake may be somehow interfering with the normal rain or moisture pattern.

I'm not sure about that last paragraph of ideas. They are just my speculations that may eventually prove to be wrong. If you want to dig in and study this complicated idea, here are some "drought monitor" sites. Maybe you can figure out at least the biggest contributing factors:

www.drought.gov...
U.S. DROUGHT MONITOR

www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov...
CLIMATE PREDICTION CENTER: DROUGHT INFORMATION

www.ncdc.noaa.gov...
HISTORICAL PALMER DROUGHT INDICES
This is fun! I put in May 2013 - when HAARP Alaska was shut down - and ended with December 2013. The difference is startling!

Good luck!

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
First let me say that the earth needs nothing in the atmosphere to pick up water. The cycle starts by the sun heating the ocean and through a process called convection (really evaporation) picks up water particles and when they reach a certain height they form clouds and when the water particles combine they get too heavy and fall to earth as rain.

You can not be certain if your rain comes from the Pacific. You really must look at the past weather patterns and maps to form an idea of where your rain comes from. It might come from the northern Pacific or it might come from the southern Pacific, it might even come from the Arctic or the Atlantic. Or multiples of these locations.

Only then can you probably say that someone is tampering with you rainfall. More than likely, as already been posted, that this is just a climate cycle as to stop or radically alter the convection cycle is well beyond America or China or even both of them combined.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Some have shown evidence that that area of the United States has gone through periodic desert-green phases, similar to the fertile crescent area and Incan/Mayan regions of Central America.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

At least with regard to their cloud seeding program, it will have zero effect on the United States.

The silver iodide particles fall on inland China with the rain.

If you are asking if that could somehow 'departicleize' the air itself, no.
edit on 9-2-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
It isn't unusual at all for the Western US to go through periods of drought lasting over 100 years.

"During the medieval period, there was over a century of drought in the Southwest and California. The past repeats itself," says Ingram, who is co-author of The West Without Water: What Past Floods, Droughts, and Other Climate Clues Tell Us About Tomorrow. Indeed, Ingram believes the 20th century may have been a wet anomaly.

"None of this should be a surprise to anybody," agrees Celeste Cantu, general manager for the Santa Ana Watershed Project Authority. "California is acting like California, and most of California is arid."

top topics

join