It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've just lost my best friend

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Ive just come back from the vet where I had to say goodbye to Max..

It's nearly 3 am and I have no one to talk to or a shoulder to cry on but I have to let it out.

He was a Persian, and one special little man to me he wasnt like a typical cat he craved attention and loved me probably more than I loved him...

He had a rough 2 years but kept on being his affectionate self, about a year ago his bladder got blocked and he couldn't pee, you'd never know though, he had already been diagnosed with a congenital heart problem, and when they put him under to insert a catheter he nearly died, the vet even tried to ring me and prepare me for the worst, but he got through. He was a tough little thing.

His heart condition meant that he had a constant build up of fluid on his lungs, and was on 3 different tablets to manage it, last winter he got pneumonia, and even with his bad heart and lungs he got through it.

But now I've lost him...I'm writing this because otherwise I'm just pacing around not knowing what to do with myself...I want him back but I know I'll never see him again

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Sorry to hear man.
I love dogs...the part of me that doesn't want to own one is the losing them part.

I hope your day gets better.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Very sorry to hear that. 😢

Loved ones are never really lost. They just come back in different forms. 🐕

👣

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'm so sorry...

I have a Persian and love her dearly

She is also affectionate and loves me dearly...

Again, I am sorry for your loss my friend..

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Sorry for your loss.

Take it easy.
B. V. H.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Sad news my friend.

And by the number of members who are posting about their pets, you have a lot of shoulders to cry on. Mine included.

Peace

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I know theres nothing I can say to make you feel better so I wont, just know weve all been through it and one day you wont feel sad and will just remember the love

It wont be what you wont to hear but it really is true and helps...... You need a new kitty, you owe it to yourself, the cat out there waiting its turn for your affection and also to Max who loving you like he did would not want you sad.

Cats may not be as obvious as dogs but they are very intune with their owners, Me and my sis can almost tell our mums moods by the way the cats act haha. If max is watching you or still around hed be anxious nowing your as distraught as you are

Theres nothing like stroking a kitty when your upset to calm you down and theres nothing like watching a kitten at play to turn a sad face into a happy one.
Tonight pace, type, read, cry, laugh, remember Max in your way but tomoz I suggest even if with tears in your eyes you go to a shelter and find a new friend, if your not ready for kitten maybe rescue an older docile affectionate one who wouldnt normally get a home and would end up euthanised, he will know to give you space till ur ready and it will be good for both of you.

Again I know it doesnt help but I really do understand what your going through and Im sorry

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It's ok to cry, to pace, to yell, to feel like your world has ended.
And in the coming days, I'm sure there will be plenty of that.

Then, in a few weeks or months, it will get easier. You'll focus more on all the good times with him. What a great time you had.
And maybe, just maybe, Max will guide a new friend to you, a furry friend to bring you joy again.

But in the meantime, you have my shoulder.

I've very sorry for your loss.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Hi Chad:

Three in the morning is a rough time to be alone, especially when you have lost someone (pet or human) that you love.

I hope that it is daytime now where you live, and I hope you have some sunshine...I have lost two of my beloved mini dachies (dachshunds) to cancer over the past 2 years, and just sitting out in the sun and nature really helped lessen the pain and grief.

Look for some sun and hold Max close in your mind's eye. It helped me.
People care that you hurt.
Prayers and hugs.
Missie

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Oh man...

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your cat. My sincerest condolences to you.

*hug*

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Don't be to sure we will never see our friends agian.

Any form of Heaven that didn't include my boy.

Why, that wouldn't be Heaven at all.

Sorry...
edit on 9-2-2015 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

There are no words to fill the void,

That friend you trust with your innermost secrets, can never be replaced, treasured in memory forever.

That doesn't mean a new friend isn't waiting to share given time, somewhere out there is a kitten looking for love, they'll find you when the time is right..................................... As they do

Cody

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about your loss. It's never easy losing a loved one, no matter how many legs they have.
My dogs' pet cat died not long ago. She'd had a stillborn kitten and it gave her an infection. The vet (who isn't very smart in my book) decided to spay her and the infection ended up spreading throughout her body. It killed her.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I am so sorry to hear about Max. It sounds like he was well-loved. Having lost a beloved pet, I can tell you it will get easier to bear with time. But for now, be good to yourself and let yourself grieve.

Lots of shoulders here.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I don't have the right words to say to make You feel better.
There are none really in times like this.
I can say that I feel for You from deep within My Heart.
Having lost some little friends in the past, I do know what You are going through.
I know it doesn't seem like it now, but it will get better.
Keep those good memories close to Your Heart.
Syx.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about your loss my friend. Have lost many of my own and it never gets easier. Sometimes it gets harder. the more you love them the harder it is to lose them. I know your pain and wish I could take it away. I can't but would if I could. Condolences to you. May it pass soon. LG

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
Ive just come back from the vet where I had to say goodbye to Max..

It's nearly 3 am and I have no one to talk to or a shoulder to cry on but I have to let it out.

He was a Persian, and one special little man to me he wasnt like a typical cat he craved attention and loved me probably more than I loved him...

He had a rough 2 years but kept on being his affectionate self, about a year ago his bladder got blocked and he couldn't pee, you'd never know though, he had already been diagnosed with a congenital heart problem, and when they put him under to insert a catheter he nearly died, the vet even tried to ring me and prepare me for the worst, but he got through. He was a tough little thing.

His heart condition meant that he had a constant build up of fluid on his lungs, and was on 3 different tablets to manage it, last winter he got pneumonia, and even with his bad heart and lungs he got through it.

But now I've lost him...I'm writing this because otherwise I'm just pacing around not knowing what to do with myself...I want him back but I know I'll never see him again

I'm very sorry for the loss of your loved one. It's always hard to let them go.

Please know you are in my thoughts.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Sorry to hear of your loss. It is never easy.

May I suggest you throw some pics of Max up in the Pets forum, we'd all love to see him and maybe share in some of the good times you both shared?

Chin up mate ... the heaviness does ease ...

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I am so sorry for your loss.

The pain and sorrow will lessen with time.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Thank you all for your kind words

I'm still struggling to come to terms with it all

I'll never forget my little friend

top topics

<<   2 >>

join