It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passenger Watches Plane’s Engine Catch Fire After Take Off

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This would have scared the hell out of me! Thank God there was a happy ending.

A passenger has captured terrifying footage showing a plane’s engine catching on fire after take off.

VivaColombia Flight 8023 had just taken off from El Dorado International Airport in Bogota bound for Rionegro last Wednesday when its right engine burst into flames.

www.yahoo.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954
I'd be glad to have my carry on, cause after that I'd be changing my pants.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

I would have had a heart attack, on the spot. Definitely not what you want to witness while in the air.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I'm definitely afraid of flying, even though they say it's safer than being on the ground. Videos like this just remind me that no matter what method you choose for travel, there's always a risk you'll plummet to the ground or smash into a guardrail.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: nighthawk1954
This would have scared the hell out of me! Thank God there was a happy ending.

A passenger has captured terrifying footage showing a plane’s engine catching on fire after take off.

VivaColombia Flight 8023 had just taken off from El Dorado International Airport in Bogota bound for Rionegro last Wednesday when its right engine burst into flames.

www.yahoo.com...

I was on a flight that experienced an engine fire. I won't say which airline, but...it was on a late evening domestic flight in a Boeing 707. I was a kid at the time.

I report as follows: two things impressed me about that event. 1) there wasn't any hysterical panic, although everyone on the plane could see the fire. The pilot came on the intercom and reported that yes, an engine was on fire; asked everyone to buckle up and to not worry, "we have three more engines". He then put the plane in a moderately steep power dive and the flames were extinguished. My dad was on the plane and he simply said, "cut the fuel". (my dad is former military). We then made a flawless, event free "unscheduled stop per FAA rules", (per the pilot) for transfer to another flight. 2) even I wasn't terribly concerned; I was, of course, a kid and thought the bright flames and light against the night sky were kinda neat.

BTW, that wasn't a crash landing. I've been on a crash landing. That's an entirely different sort of thing. That's actually rather scary.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
On my honeymoon in Cozumel we were on a prop plane that had an engine go out about 15 min out to sea. "prepare for water landing". Scary events make life taste so sweet.

top topics

join