It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your new 'Smart' TV is spying on you...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Yet another way corporations are spying on you. Samsung has admitted in it latest 'Smart' TV privacy policy that spoken words in front of the TV are being collected and transmitted to a third party.

www.thedailybeast.com...

"Please be aware that if your spoken words include personal or other sensitive information, that information will be among the data captured and transmitted to a third party,” the policy reads.

The reality is that this collected 'data' of your personal life is likely to be highly interesting to advertisers looking to determine which ads are getting your interest and which are not.

Something to consider before buying a 'Smart' TV...

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Well I, for one, did NOT see that coming...

(That was sarcasm, by the way.)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I'm sure there are is an evil looking Disney villain sitting in a high backed office chair, smoking a cigar and maniacally laughing at Samsung headquarters. This man just can't wait to hear about all of our absolutely exciting lives!

I know somewhere in a data center, IT geeks are huddled around a terminal breathlessly waiting to see what I do next. Does he make pizza rolls or a hot pocket? Does he decide to watch Breaking Bad or The Walking Dead?

edit on 9-2-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
There was already a thread on this today. Search...???

link   
Please add to the existing thread below:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you. Thread closed.

link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

You can turn the feature off. If you really want to go a step further just change the online setting to off, when you are not streaming to the tv . I already know my smart phone knows more about me than my own closest friends.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
LG got busted in the UK a couple of years ago, basicaly ANYTHING that was connected to your router along with your TV, the TV was data mining all your connected devices browsing history, cookies etc and sending it back to LG, LOL.

Totaly illegal apparently, think they got a seriously worded letter about it.

new topics

top topics

join